Chase Daniel?

TuscanyTile2

So now that Bradford agreed to report to the Eagles (and I would have to think would be their #1 for at least half a season), does that mean Chase Daniel is expendable?  Maybe we take him off their hands at a cheapo price (since the Eagles don't really need to pay 3 QBs good $$).  I know he hasn't been a starter but he seems like he has potential.

Too much money for a guy that really hasn't proven anything besides bench warming in KC.   He signed what is basically a borderline starter money with KC and there is nothing but speculation that he can actually do anything.  He's already the No. 3 starter in Philly and expecting him to be a starter is just a waste of resources for our end.  If he was just a free agent, then sure, take a shot, but to give up assets plus paying him would be too much, IMO.   

He also has an issue with deep passes, more of a west coast system guy, and I'm not sure that fits in here.

22 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

So now that Bradford agreed to report to the Eagles (and I would have to think would be their #1 for at least half a season), does that mean Chase Daniel is expendable?  Maybe we take him off their hands at a cheapo price (since the Eagles don't really need to pay 3 QBs good $$).  I know he hasn't been a starter but he seems like he has potential.

Quite frankly if Fitz doesn't come back I'm inclined to go with Geno, Petty & Hackenberg as our QBs. There young QBs, may the best man win!

Just now, Shadetree said:

Pay Chase Daniel 7 millionbut Fitz ain't worth between 7-10? 

I don't get it.

Hmm, is Fitz going to play for less than maybe $12-$14M?  Maybe but, if not, then I would think the Jets would at least consider Chase Daniel (if he came at the right price - possibly the Eagles could pick up a couple million just to unload the rest of his salary).

13 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Geno Smith.

:P

What does this mean, Villian? You want genius to start? Or think he should start?

Hey, I thought glennon would have been a good get, too, but Geno? God, please, no.

you guys ever notice Geno often auto-corrects to "genius"? Ha..#irony

13 minutes ago, Colgateman said:

Is this what we've come to? Sheesh I cant wait for one of Petty, Hackensack, or Geno to become the guy so we don't have to talk about this sh*t for the next 10 years

Well, if Geno ends up being the guy then you are to expect this every year, trust me. I dont expect Geno to be the guy, but im more than willing to give him this opportunity. However, if Geno has a good year, the same people that disregarded Fitz entire career will somehow still talk about Geno's first 2 seasons and how IK punched him in the face, etc.

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Hmm, is Fitz going to play for less than maybe $12-$14M?  Maybe but, if not, then I would think the Jets would at least consider Chase Daniel (if he came at the right price - possibly the Eagles could pick up a couple million just to unload the rest of his salary).

If he doesn't play for less than 12-14, I think Mac will laugh until coffee comes out his nose. I wouldn't be TOO upset with overpaying him that money, but I wouldn't necessarily agree with it. I just think Fitz gives us the best shot THIS year. 

Im hoping Fitz comes to his senses and meets us at the halfway point, between 7-10.

petty, Geno, hack = top 5ish pick next year, IMO.

10 minutes ago, Shadetree said:

What does this mean, Villian? You want genius to start? Or think he should start?

Hey, I thought glennon would have been a good get, too, but Geno? God, please, no.

you guys ever notice Geno often auto-corrects to "genius"? Ha..#irony

I have to face the fact the same way Fitz fans have to face the fact. Glennon isnt a Jet. With that said, I prefer Geno Smith over resigning Fitzpatrick to that ridiculous amount of money. Even the 7 million they had on the table was too much. Im glad Fitz didnt accept that. Last year teams didnt know what to expect from the Jets, and granted, this is not the exact same team as last year....but if Fitz was the QB one thing teams would have known for sure, they dont have to worry about the deep threat. He had a solid year filling in. Glad we moved on. It would have been better if we moved on to Glennon...but oh well. 

5 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I have to face the fact the same way Fitz fans have to face the fact. Glennon isnt a Jet. With that said, I prefer Geno Smith over resigning Fitzpatrick that that ridiculous amount of money. The 7 million they had on the table was too much. Im glad Fitz didnt accept that. Last year teams didnt know what to expect from the Jets, and granted, this is not the exact same team as last year....but if Fitz was the QB one thing teams would have known for sure, they dont have to worry about the deep threat. He had a solid year filling in. Glad we moved on. It would have been better if we moved on to Glennon...but oh well. 

Yeah, I agree, teams will allow Fitz to throw deep because they don't believe he can do it well enough to beat them. 

But he'll still throw them, and I believe he'll hit enough to keep teams somewhat honest. Add the best all-around RB we've had in quite some time and we have a very good offense and we remain a playoff bubble team, even with that brutal schedule. 

I don't have any faith any of the other 3 QBs can make us a bubble team. I just can't see it. 

Edit-I meant to give you a positive reputation, I think I hit negative(chubby fingers)

I just think you guys are under estimating Chan and what he is done for other quarterbacks.

I think if given the opportunity in teaming up with Geno ,is going to surprise a lot of Jet fans. we all know the Geno has the physical tools to play quarterback on this level it's just a matter of him getting the mental part of the game squared away.

You can't make me believe that if Gailey can make Fitzpatrick look as good as he did with the limited physical skills that he has he can make Geno look as good with the limited mental skills that we've seen so far.

Save the money this year to add to next year,to pay Fitz what he's asking is insane, just play Geno and get the other two young kids ready in case Geno doesn't step up.

Chase Daniel signed a $21 million contract with the Philadelphia Eagles on March 9, 2016. Daniel received $12 million fully guaranteed which includes a $3 million signing bonus. He can earn up to $15 million in incentives and escalators based on playtime and performance.

Contract Details

Total Value: $21,000,000 (avg. $7,000,000/year; $12,000,000 fully guaranteed)
25th highest of 119 QB contracts
Year Base Salary(Guaranteed) Bonuses Cap
Number

Dead Money & Cap Savings
Prorated Roster Workout Other

$1,000,000

$4,000,000

$1,000,000 $3,000,000 $0 $0 $5,000,000   $12,000,000 ($7,000,000)

$7,000,000

$5,000,000

$1,000,000 $0 $0 $0 $8,000,000   $7,000,000 $1,000,000
2018 $7,000,000 $1,000,000 $0 $0 $0 $8,000,000   $1,000,000 $7,000,000

Not Happening!!

24 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:
Chase Daniel signed a $21 million contract with the Philadelphia Eagles on March 9, 2016. Daniel received $12 million fully guaranteed which includes a $3 million signing bonus. He can earn up to $15 million in incentives and escalators based on playtime and performance.

Contract Details

Total Value: $21,000,000 (avg. $7,000,000/year; $12,000,000 fully guaranteed)
25th highest of 119 QB contracts
Year Base Salary(Guaranteed) Bonuses Cap
Number

Dead Money & Cap Savings
Prorated Roster Workout Other

$1,000,000

$4,000,000

$1,000,000 $3,000,000 $0 $0 $5,000,000   $12,000,000 ($7,000,000)

$7,000,000

$5,000,000

$1,000,000 $0 $0 $0 $8,000,000   $7,000,000 $1,000,000
2018 $7,000,000 $1,000,000 $0 $0 $0 $8,000,000   $1,000,000 $7,000,000

Not Happening!!

You'd have to be crazy to trade for that contract

collecting back ups really isn't going to help matters

at this point, we need to just pray to the football gods we finally got lucky with krackenberg or petty or its just rinse and repeat in 2 years

1 minute ago, flgreen said:

You'd have to be crazy to trade for that contract

In retrospect you're absolutely right.  I have no idea what I was thinking.  How the heck did he get $21 million when he's never been a starter before?!  NFL gone batty.

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

In retrospect you're absolutely right.  I have no idea what I was thinking.  How the heck did he get $21 million when he's never been a starter before?!  NFL gone batty.

Peterson wanted to bring over a QB that knows his system, and after working together in KC for three seasons I can understand the logic.  It's still a gross overpay for the position, especially considering what they gave Bradford, and even more so after seeing what they gave up in the draft to get Wentz. 

Pederson had Daniel in KC and brought him with him to Philly because he has confidence in him to run his offense. And got rid of Sanchez very fast even though Mark has more experience and makes less money. Daniel has a handful of starts in his NFL career. I know we have this anyone but Fitz crowd here but I don't think they really want to win. They're more worried about what Fitz gets paid (than winning).

2 hours ago, Shadetree said:

If he doesn't play for less than 12-14, I think Mac will laugh until coffee comes out his nose. I wouldn't be TOO upset with overpaying him that money, but I wouldn't necessarily agree with it. I just think Fitz gives us the best shot THIS year. 

Im hoping Fitz comes to his senses and meets us at the halfway point, between 7-10.

The Jets have moved to $9 to $10 million dollars and I think that might give Fitz $11 million with incentives.  But Fitz wants 16 or 17 million per year.  That is a big difference and I believe what the Jets have offered is more than fair. 

3 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

The Jets have moved to $9 to $10 million dollars and I think that might give Fitz $11 million with incentives.  But Fitz wants 16 or 17 million per year.  That is a big difference and I believe what the Jets have offered is more than fair. 

Thats way too much to offer. 

8 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Given how he's jerked them around and run out of options he should be glad they offered him 9-10, should take it and run before they tell him 5, take it or retire. 

12 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Thats way too much to offer. 

This is what Fitz doesn't understand in a perfect world for him it is too much money!!

He needs to sign that sucker and play.  He is not getting more from anyone period.  

The idea that there is a team an injury away from paying him $16 Million is preposterous.   

34 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Pederson had Daniel in KC and brought him with him to Philly because he has confidence in him to run his offense. And got rid of Sanchez very fast even though Mark has more experience and makes less money. Daniel has a handful of starts in his NFL career. I know we have this anyone but Fitz crowd here but I don't think they really want to win. They're more worried about what Fitz gets paid (than winning).

It's a league with a salary cap.  Overpay one player and you lose another.  Have to think about dollars.  They way a Fitz can hold out for more money when he thinks he has the advantage it can all change in a minute.  He has no options, nomad P vantage, no leverage but he's holding out for top dollar.  

Apparently not a finance major at Harvard 

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Given how he's jerked them around and run out of options he should be glad they offered him 9-10, should take it and run before they tell him 5, take it or retire. 

I just said the same dam thing!!!

Fitz is nuts.  

3 hours ago, Shadetree said:

I'd rather get the top 5 pick, grab Fournette to be our AP, pray Hackenberg, or Petty emerge.  Fitz just means another missed playoff season with a mid to late teens pick.

Archived