Gailey: Giant Steps for Geno

Maxman

On ‎05‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 10:57 AM, Augustiniak said:

geno's development is management's main leverage in the fitz situation.  of course he's going to say he's much better.

Fitz having no other suitors in the entire league is all the leverage we need.  Period.  If Geno sucks we go to Hackenberg or Petty, whoever looks most ready.  You don't go crawling to a 34 year old noodle arm vet who just had the season of his life against one of the weakest schedules in history and suddenly pay him what he wants.  There's a dollar figure out there for Fitz apparently.  Personally I don't think there should be any dollar figure out there, but assumptions are we've offered something.  That's a take it or leave it deal, and frankly I think it should decrease by the day.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I'm curious.

If you were the Jets Organization, and you wished to exert leverage on Fitz to help him decide to accept an existing offer, what would you choose to have your O-Co say to the media to further that goal?

Would it be any different that what Chan said?

I'm curious. 

If the Jets organization are in fact ready to move forward given the stalemate in negotiations, what would you choose your OC say about your starting QB? 

Would it be different than what Chan said? 

14 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I'm curious.

If you were the Jets Organization, and you wished to exert leverage on Fitz to help him decide to accept an existing offer, what would you choose to have your O-Co say to the media to further that goal?

Would it be any different that what Chan said?

Exert leverage?  Do you really think the fact no other team showed interest is not leverage enough?  Please.  Fitz has stated he would rather retire than pay for the Jets offer.  Bye bye.  We could flat out say all 3 of our QB's suck and it has no bearing on FItz.  It doesn't make Fitz worth a penny more. 

2 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Exert leverage?  Do you really think the fact no other team showed interest is not leverage enough?  Please.  Fitz has stated he would rather retire than pay for the Jets offer.  Bye bye.  We could flat out say all 3 of our QB's suck and it has no bearing on FItz.  It doesn't make Fitz worth a penny more. 

When did Fitz say that?

4 minutes ago, AFJF said:

When did Fitz say that?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25570280/report-fitzpatrick-would-rather-not-play-football-than-accept-jets-offer

Report: Ryan Fitzpatrick would rather not play than accept current Jets offer

ORCHARD PARK, NY - JANUARY 03:   Ryan Fitzpatrick #14 of the New York Jets warms up before the game against the Buffalo Bills at Ralph Wilson Stadium on January 3, 2016 in Orchard Park, New York.  (Photo by Tom Szczerbowski/Getty Images)Getty Images

The standoff between the Jets and free agent quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick has been going on for quite a while now and Fitzpatrick appears to be trying a new tactic to get the Jets to offer him more money.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that Fitzpatrick has told people that he would “rather not play football” than play for the Jets under the terms of their current offer. The Jets have reportedly offered Fitzpatrick somewhere in the neighborhood of $8 million while Fitzpatrick is reportedly seeking considerably more to return for a second season with the team.

That gap has been in place for the entire offseason and the Jets have visited with a couple of other quarterbacks — Robert Griffin III and Brian Hoyer — without signing either one. Jets General Manager Mike Maccagnan said last week that re-signing Fitzpatrick remains the team’s focus, but there’s been no sign that they’re reversing course on their offer.

Schefter’s report doesn’t specify if Fitzpatrick would play for another team for the money the Jets are offering, but there hasn’t been any sign that anyone else is going to top what the Jets are willing to pay him. Brian Costello of the New York Post reports that Fitzpatrick “wants to play” and is not willing to sit out, although it’s not clear what he’d do if their offer remains the best one on the table.

The draft could bring a change if the Jets have their eye on an incoming quarterback and aren’t able to acquire him, but it’s not clear what else might shift their view of Fitzpatrick’s value at this point.

On 5/17/2016 at 11:58 AM, jetrider said:

Who is Marty Mornhinweg?

Marty is currently a demoted QB coach for the Ravens, his sixth team in 21 years in the NFL.

In GB, Brett Favre was a 2x Pro Bowler before Marty arrived. GB won SB XXXI in '97 after Marty left.

In SF, Steve Young was a 6x Pro Bowler and SB winning MVP before Marty arrived.

Marty helped undo the Niners and left SF with its paint peeling and yard full of weeds. He fled to Detroit and became the worst HC in Detroit Lions franchise history 5-27. 

In Philly, McNabb was a 3x Pro Bowler before Marty came aboard as senior assistant and Jeff Garcia was an 8-year vet playoff-winning QB when Marty became OC.

In Baltimore, Marty inherits a SB winning MVP QB Joe Flacco.

Point is, Nick Foles and Geno Smith are the only rookie QBs MM can take credit for developing. Where are they now?

Can't make chicken salad out of chicken sh...

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

Oh, so somebody reported that somebody heard he supposedly said that.  Gotcha.

Yes, and we can do the math in the fact that he clearly hasn't accepted an offer from us and has zero othr suitors in the league.  So clearly he's playing chicken, and to my point earlier our offer should go down by the day if not rescinded completely.  Fitz does nothing for this team long term. 

1 minute ago, Snell41 said:

Yes, and we can do the math in the fact that he clearly hasn't accepted an offer from us and has zero othr suitors in the league.  So clearly he's playing chicken, and to my point earlier our offer should go down by the day if not rescinded completely.  Fitz does nothing for this team long term. 

Well of course.  We can do all the guessing and speculating we like...doesn't mean we're right.

Here's my best shot....Fitz and his agent know that with Geno on the roster, the starting job is his whenever he feels like taking it.

If he signs a deal tomorrow and a team w/o a viable backup loses their starter for the season, he'll be kicking himself for not waiting for another potential bidder to come along.

Why should he sign now and potentially lose money?

Jets have not only named him the starter, but continue to make him the top priority.

Maybe if they play some hardball it prompts him to sign, but maybe he feels there's no way any of the young guys beat him out no matter how highly they speak of the them.

4 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Well of course.  We can do all the guessing and speculating we like...doesn't mean we're right.

Here's my best shot....Fitz and his agent know that with Geno on the roster, the starting job is his whenever he feels like taking it.

If he signs a deal tomorrow and a team w/o a viable backup loses their starter for the season, he'll be kicking himself for not waiting for another potential bidder to come along.

Why should he sign now and potentially lose money?

Jets have not only named him the starter, but continue to make him the top priority.

Maybe if they play some hardball it prompts him to sign, but maybe he feels there's no way any of the young guys beat him out no matter how highly they speak of the them.

Those are fair assumptions.  Now, having said that if a starter goes down for some other team in the league is that team going to pay Fitz 8/9/10/16m to play for the season?  I doubt it.  Guys signed off the street don't get big contracts.  As for the Jets, the fact that no other team has shown interest in Fitz as a starter should have immediately impacted their offer.  If others team only view him as a backup and willing to pay him 2-5m for the season, why should we be offering him 8?  Just because of the presumption he'd start?  Listen, Fitz is better than Geno.  We know that.  He's not 10m dollars better.  IMO he's not even 5m dollars better. 

Add to that the fact they drafted Hackenberg.  They did a lot of research on the kid, including private secret meetings.  I think the Jets FO is quietly hoping that Hackenberg shows he can grasp the playbook quickly, which is likely given his college background with O'Brien, and that he can pick up on NFL Defenses to a fair level that you'd expect from a rookie, which may not be likely but possible given his intelligence level.  Without Fitz in the mix I think if he does that he's going to be the starter barring Geno having a stellar camp.  So if this plays out, you're now comparing Fitz at 8m or whatever it is vs the value of Hackenberg getting the experience and reps as a rookie. 

If I'm an honest betting man and had to put my money on this, I think Fitz is not going to be a Jet this year. 

25 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I'm curious. 

If the Jets organization are in fact ready to move forward given the stalemate in negotiations, what would you choose your OC say about your starting QB? 

Would it be different than what Chan said? 

1. I'll take your complete dodge as tacit admission that Chan would have said exactly what he said if the purpose was leverage vs. Fitz.  We don't know (and can't know) that that is the case, we can only speculate, but it's quite clear that a statement such as Chan's could reasonably be negotiation leverage.  Please note, it could be leverage AND other motivations as well, they are not mutually exclusive.

2. To directly answer your re-purposing of my question:  If the jets organization was ready to move on given the stalemate in negotiations, I would expect my GM to first say "we have terminated our pursuit of Ryan Fitzpatrick, despite our very fair offer we could not reach mutual agreement.  The Jets are confident in moving on with the three QB's on our roster today, and look forward to seeing what they will do in 2016".  I would then (after the GM has spoken) expect my O-Co to repeat, basically, what the GM had said, and express his PR/optimism about the three QB's on the roster, including (and most directly) about Geno, since he would then become the presumed no-competition starter for 2016.  So yes, I would expect it to be different, as I would expect it to focus on all three QB's, not Geno alone.  But in fairness, it could also be just Geno, as what Chan said.  But without the GM/HC saying the Fitz interest was gone, I would not expect my O-Co to signal the interest was gone on his own.

14 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Cheers to that being the case!  The longer he holds out, the longer Macc n Bowles get to see the young three play.  

The longer Geno gets to get comfortable with Marshall/Decker/Forte n crew and vice versa.

Devin actually gets comfortable running above 60% and seeing a ball show up in stride.

The RBs realize it's easier to run when there aren't 8 defenders in the box.

And eventually Macc gets more comfortable saving that ?$10?mil.

It is pretty clear to me.  If they pull the offer for Fitz then it tells me they are ready to go with Geno.  If they have not done that then this story is more than likely just a negotiating ploy to force Fitzpatrick to the table.

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

1. I'll take your complete dodge as tacit admission that Chan would have said exactly what he said if the purpose was leverage vs. Fitz.  We don't know (and can't know) that that is the case, we can only speculate, but it's quite clear that a statement such as Chan's could reasonably be negotiation leverage.  Please note, it could be leverage AND other motivations as well, they are not mutually exclusive.

2. To directly answer your re-purposing of my question:  If the jets organization was ready to move on given the stalemate in negotiations, I would expect my GM to first say "we have terminated our pursuit of Ryan Fitzpatrick, despite our very fair offer we could not reach mutual agreement.  The Jets are confident in moving on with the three QB's on our roster today, and look forward to seeing what they will do in 2016".  I would then (after the GM has spoken) expect my O-Co to repeat, basically, what the GM had said, and express his PR/optimism about the three QB's on the roster, including (and most directly) about Geno, since he would then become the presumed no-competition starter for 2016.  So yes, I would expect it to be different, as I would expect it to focus on all three QB's, not Geno alone.  But in fairness, it could also be just Geno, as what Chan said.  But without the GM/HC saying the Fitz interest was gone, I would not expect my O-Co to signal the interest was gone on his own.

I didnt dodge in respects to me being afraid to answer. I just thought it was a ridiculous question. So I responded with a rhetorical question. That was my actual answer. You didnt have to answer it because the answer wasnt what I sought, but unfortunately the point went over your head! lol. 

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

I didn't dodge in respects to me being afraid to answer. I just thought it was a ridiculous question.

I've noticed you find alot of uncomfortable questions that expose flaws in your opinion to be "ridiculous", and then are either are unable to, or simply refuse to, answer them.

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

You didnt have to answer it because the answer wasnt what I sought, but unfortunately the point went over your head! lol. 

Once again, it's hard not to notice that rather than address the issues at hand (I gave you a rather full, details, on-topic reply), you choose to address try and belittle me as a poster and choose to ignore the content we're actually discussing.  

One of the surest signs of a weak and unsupported argument.  

Just now, Warfish said:

I've noticed you find alot of uncomfortable questions that expose flaws in your opinion to be "ridiculous", and then are either are unable to, or simply refuse to, answer them.

Once again, it's hard not to notice that rather than address the issues at hand (I gave you a rather full, details, on-topic reply), you choose to address try and belittle me as a poster and choose to ignore the content we're actually discussing.  

You can call it what you want. 

Its ridiculous to assume that complimenting a QB IS leverage on Fitz when you know damn well its nothing more than speculation from fans who want it to be more than what was actually presented. 

I dont waste my time arguing over speculation when I simply take what Gailey said at face value. So yea, it was ridiculous and I wont waste my time on it. 

18 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Those are fair assumptions.  Now, having said that if a starter goes down for some other team in the league is that team going to pay Fitz 8/9/10/16m to play for the season?  I doubt it.  Guys signed off the street don't get big contracts.  As for the Jets, the fact that no other team has shown interest in Fitz as a starter should have immediately impacted their offer.  If others team only view him as a backup and willing to pay him 2-5m for the season, why should we be offering him 8?  Just because of the presumption he'd start?  Listen, Fitz is better than Geno.  We know that.  He's not 10m dollars better.  IMO he's not even 5m dollars better. 

Add to that the fact they drafted Hackenberg.  They did a lot of research on the kid, including private secret meetings.  I think the Jets FO is quietly hoping that Hackenberg shows he can grasp the playbook quickly, which is likely given his college background with O'Brien, and that he can pick up on NFL Defenses to a fair level that you'd expect from a rookie, which may not be likely but possible given his intelligence level.  Without Fitz in the mix I think if he does that he's going to be the starter barring Geno having a stellar camp.  So if this plays out, you're now comparing Fitz at 8m or whatever it is vs the value of Hackenberg getting the experience and reps as a rookie. 

If I'm an honest betting man and had to put my money on this, I think Fitz is not going to be a Jet this year. 

Exactly. Because guys who are worth 16 million dollars receive 16 million dollars. They dont get 16 million only after someone gets hurt. How in the world can these people not speculate that Macc and the Jets have moved on with their "talks" when Macc says "negotiations are still on the table" yet they havent budged an inch from their number. Thats not a negotiation, thats a "take it or leave it". 

Yet these same people can somehow find the speculation in Chan Gailey complimenting Geno Smith. 

@AFJF ^^^^^^^^

This is why its ridiculous my friend. 

18 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Chan Gailey thought Geno did so well against the Raiders they rushed Fitz back post surgery instead of turning to him. Todd Bowles thought so much of Geno he named the 2016 QB someone who wasn't under contract. The GM thought so much of Geno, he drafted Bryce Petty and Hackenberg in consecutive years and are still actively trying to bring back Fitz. 

Nice spin. 

Conversely, the Jets think so much of Fitzpatrick that the drafted Petty shortly after trading for him, and drafted Hackenberg while allowing Fitz to linger in free agency all the way into May. In fact, the whole league thinks so highly of Fitz that he's still unemployed. 

It's obvious that the Jets see neither Fitzpatrick nor Geno as the future of the franchise. The question remains how much they value Fitz over Geno for this year. So far, it's clearly less than he's asking. Like the other 31 teams in the league, they (correctly) don't think he's worth starter money. 

8 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Think about what you're saying Fish.  It's mid May.  Why in the world would Mac suddenly say "you know we need Fitz in right now, it's sh*t or get off the pot time!  Hey Chan, can you shower some praise on Geno to the press so Fitz gets in here and signs?"

Seriously, can you not see the ridiculousness of that?

13 minutes ago, slats said:

Nice spin. 

Conversely, the Jets think so much of Fitzpatrick that the drafted Petty shortly after trading for him, and drafted Hackenberg while allowing Fitz to linger in free agency all the way into May. In fact, the whole league thinks so highly of Fitz that he's still unemployed. 

It's obvious that the Jets see neither Fitzpatrick nor Geno as the future of the franchise. The question remains how much they value Fitz over Geno for this year. So far, it's clearly less than he's asking. Like the other 31 teams in the league, they (correctly) don't think he's worth starter money. 

Exactly. Neither Geno nor Fitzpatrick solidfied themselves as a "Franchise QB". This is why Geno didnt receive his job back after the injury because only "Franchise QB" are given that option. Just like Fitzpatrick's contract wasnt renewed before the season was over, but instead the Jets allowed him to test free agency AND offer 7 million and not even budge on the number while still calling it a "negotiation" because Fitz isnt a Franchise QB. 

Same reason why they are still drafting QB's every year. Their job is to get a franchise QB, no matter who comes out as the Franchise QB. 

How does that reflect bad only on Geno but not of Fitzpatrick? Once again the favoritism flashes its ugly head! lol. 

12 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Think about what you're saying Fish.  It's mid May.  Why in the world would Mac suddenly say "you know we need Fitz in right now, it's sh*t or get off the pot time!  Hey Chan, can you shower some praise on Geno to the press so Fitz gets in here and signs?"

^^^^^^^

I appreciate you seeing the same. 

31 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

You can call it what you want. 

Yes, I can.  But thank you for your permission to do so, despite it not being required.

Its ridiculous to assume that complimenting a QB IS leverage on Fitz when you know damn well its nothing more than speculation from fans who want it to be more than what was actually presented.

Any opinion beyond a naive "take everything they say at 100% face value" calls for speculation Villain.  And I would frankly laugh at someone who takes what NFL Coaches say to the media in the deep pre-summer off season at "100% face value".  

It is reasonable to opine that one purpose of such a statement is leverage, since they have publicly stated they are still pursuing Fitz at this time.  It's reasonable to opine that another purpose is to bolster Geno's confidence, since he may yet be the starting QB.  It's reasonable to opine that another purpose is to bolster roster and fan support/confidence behind Geno for that same possibility that Geno is the starter.  None of these are mutually exclusive, a statement like Chan's could reasonably serve all three purposes co-equally.   

It could also simply be an off-the-cuff honest observation....although most NFL Coaches make as few off-the-cuff honest observations about their players as Politicians do about the constituencies.  Coaches say things publicly for a reason, it's part of the job.

I dont waste my time arguing over speculation when I simply take what Gailey said at face value. So yea, it was ridiculous and I wont waste my time on it. 

I'm ok with that, but again, as this is an open forum for us to share our opinions, you can expect to continue to be questioned for holding opinions (specifically ones that suit your own viewpoint) as unassailable, whilst dismissing anything anyone else has to offer here.  And yes, it's funny (and naive) that simply because it supports your view, you're suddenly willing to take as verbatim truth what an NFL Coach says in the offseason.

One can only wonder if you similarly believed it every time one of our Coaches talked up DRob, Ghost, or Miliner, Sanchez's new-found grasp of offense and ball control, or Pennington's new-found arm-strength each (and every) off season......Because not one of those things were ever true, yet the coaches said them all anyway.  So lets not pretend there is not legitimate cause to question the "face value" interpretation of summer NFL Coach comments.

36 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

You can't reason with any of them, I have posted facts and stats. Yet I get ignored when I quote them, they just quickly press the downvote button because they don't have a counter argument, they continue on their trash because they cannot be proven wrong about fitztragic. They think he is great because of 31 TDs. It's time for them to take off the Rosemary glasses and see the writing between the lines.

36 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Macc has and is showing himself as a solid capable tactical and thorough GM, and I would expect nothing less from a good GM whose publicly-stated preferred #1 QB is not yet signed.  I notice the "must take it at face value" folks are ignoring that both Macc and Bowles (who both outrank Chan) have said they want Fitz back publicly too, and that he remains a priority.

We're also ignoring (oddly, IMO) that Chan himself may want Fitz back, and would want to leverage his guy Fitz with a little "hey look how good Geno is now, i cabn make himw ork too Fitzy, don't forget that" style ribbing.

Again, see the previous posts, as the rationale is fully and thoroughly covered.  The comment could have several, non-mutually-exclusive, purposes, one of which could in fact be that Geno IS progressing, absolutely.

But again, it's not me who is speaking in absolutes, it's the folks who deny there is ANY possibility than Chan or the organization might have intentions beyond the "face value truth" in his statement.  And frankly, that's as naive as believing our Presidential Candidates have no interest beyond "face value truth" in the things they say. 

1 hour ago, slats said:

Nice spin. 

And that is the crux of this whole situation. Why should the Jets backload contracts or cut current players to even sign Fitz at 8M/yr when he's clearly not the long term answer. Contrary to popular opinion here - Geno  still has a shot at being the long term answer as does Petty and Hack . Let's see what we have without creating unfavorable cap situations like trader Mike used to. Bringing in Fitz pre-camp does what exaclty. other then prolong the search for our long term answer at QB.

1 hour ago, slats said:

Nice spin. 

It's not spin. It's fact. If this current regime thinks Geno is a Franchise QB, they don't trade for Fitz. Period. They go with this guy and sign a vet that has no chance in beating Geno out in an actual competition. They didn't do they. They went and got not only a player familiar with the GM, but also had his best years with the OC. That's pretty damning.

If they didn't want Fitz, they wouldn't still be courting them. No one ever claimed Fitz is a franchise QB. He's a bridge to hopefully one of the younger guys, who by all accounts aren't ready, if they ever are.

It's obvious that no one thinks Geno is a franchise QB either. And he's already burned his bridges.

13 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

It's not spin. It's fact. If this current regime thinks Geno is a Franchise QB, they don't trade for Fitz. Period. They go with this guy and sign a vet that has no chance in beating Geno out in an actual competition. They didn't do they. They went and got not only a player familiar with the GM, but also had his best years with the OC. That's pretty damning.

If they didn't want Fitz, they wouldn't still be courting them. No one ever claimed Fitz is a franchise QB. He's a bridge to hopefully one of the younger guys, who by all accounts aren't ready, if they ever are.

It's obvious that no one thinks Geno is a franchise QB either. And he's already burned his bridges.

What? Smith was an unpopular QB coming off a bad season. They had never worked with him through a single practice of just drills or film study, let alone an actual game. Not signing a veteran QB and not taking a mid-round flier on another, when value presented itself, would be gross negligence. After doing those things, they still freaking handed Geno the job on a silver platter and he got his face smashed in by acting like a hardon throwing his "it's my team" weight around. 

It's not "damning" they picked up Fitzpatrick. Fitzpatrick was like their 4th choice. They ended up with Fitzpatrick, even though he was a reasonable fit with the previous Gailey connection.

3 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

What? Smith was an unpopular QB coming off a bad season. They had never worked with him through a single practice of just drills or film study, let alone an actual game. Not signing a veteran QB and not taking a mid-round flier on another, when value presented itself, would be gross negligence. After doing those things, they still freaking handed Geno the job on a silver platter and he got his face smashed in by acting like a hardon throwing his "it's my team" weight around. 

It's not "damning" they picked up Fitzpatrick. Fitzpatrick was like their 4th choice. They ended up with Fitzpatrick, even though he was a reasonable fit with the previous Gailey connection.

Fitz was literally the "oh ****" option at QB. Just turned out in our favor for a bit.

8 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Meh. 

They traded a conditional seventh round pick for Fitz at a time when Geno and Matt Simms were the only QBs on the roster. It's understandable that they'd want a veteran presence there. Fun fact; they preferred Hoyer, and only traded for Fitz after Hoyer signed with the Texans. Geno was still their starter right up until he got his face broken. There's really absolutely nothing damning about it. You're connecting the dots after the fact. 

And lol @ courting. Fitz isn't being courted by anyone. He's unemployed in May. And as for bridges, Geno can be that bridge and then take a walk, saving the $7-10M+ Fitzpatrick Bridge might cost. That's just too much money for a guy they hope gets unseated sooner rather than later. It's too bad the Jets didn't extend him right after they made the trade, before he duped the fanbase by performing respectably against the weakest schedule in the league. I'd be thrilled to have Fitz for another couple years at $3.5M/per. 

7 minutes ago, slats said:

Meh. 

They traded a conditional seventh round pick for Fitz at a time when Geno and Matt Simms were the only QBs on the roster. It's understandable that they'd want a veteran presence there. Fun fact; they preferred Hoyer, and only traded for Fitz after Hoyer signed with the Texans. Geno was still their starter right up until he got his face broken. There's really absolutely nothing damning about it. You're connecting the dots after the fact. 

And lol @ courting. Fitz isn't being courted by anyone. He's unemployed in May. And as for bridges, Geno can be that bridge and then take a walk, saving the $7-10M+ Fitzpatrick Bridge might cost. That's just too much money for a guy they hope gets unseated sooner rather than later. It's too bad the Jets didn't extend him right after they made the trade, before he duped the fanbase by performing respectably against the weakest schedule in the league. I'd be thrilled to have Fitz for another couple years at $3.5M/per. 

Here are the QB's that are in the same company as Fitz:

Matt Hasselback

Johnny Manziel

Tavaris Jackson

Josh Johnson

Jimmy Clausen

Josh Freeman

Matt Flynn

Charlie Whitehurst

4 hours ago, AFJF said:

- It's why they took Hack.

- It's why they traded up to take Petty.

- It's why they traded for Fitz

- it's why they've publicly said Fitz is still the no. 1 priority.

They know what they're doing.  

They got here and saw Geno.  Since then they've brought in 3 QBs and trying to bring one of them back for a second time.

Clearly they're super pumped to see what Geno can do.

And yet, somehow every Fitz fan who spews this same tired story is scared shlt to have Geno even compete for the starting job.  A whole lost of its Fitzs job, Geno sucks, Geno had his chance etc.

What about this scrub, who Fitz fans cant laugh off hard enough scares Fitz fans into making shlt up.  They traded for Fitz why?  They told him he was being brought in as the backup but now he was brought in because Geno sucks.  Nice way to rewrite history.  Petty was brought in to replace the starting QB or the old backup?  More rewrites.

Fitz is the number 1 priority?  On what planet?  If Any of the 3 QBs shows even a hint of ability Fitz is forced into retirement.  

5 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Considering there is a whole host of dumbasses on this site that hate Fitz and love Geno and even Sanchez this needed to be said be.

And vice versa...

Archived