Have fans forgotten how FA works?

Snell41

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, ylekram said:

he seemed to accept it for what it is. however, you are still carrying on. for the record, I think you are nuttier than his statement

Calling me nuttier when you are debating "8+mil (most likely 10+mil) is not $10mil? And I don't care if he accepted it (which I didn't bother reading), you saying that there's only one person on this board that wants to pay Fitz 10+ mil is a piss poor.

1 minute ago, j4jets said:

Calling me nuttier when you are debating "8+mil (most likely 10+mil) is not $10mil? And I don't care if he accepted it (which I didn't bother reading), you saying that there's only one person on this board that wants to pay Fitz 10+ mil is a piss poor.

what is "a piss poor"? and you missed the point. the point was the poster stated that 35% of the posters want to pay fitz 10m+ a year. at the time of the posting, besides the guy from Canada, name another poster who is clamoring for fitz to get 10m+

Just now, ylekram said:

what is "a piss poor"? and you missed the point. the point was the poster stated that 35% of the posters want to pay fitz 10m+ a year. at the time of the posting, besides the guy from Canada, name another poster who is clamoring for fitz to get 10m+

35% of the people voted for Fitz to get 10+ mil on a multiyear deal. This thread started 10 hours ago. Not sure what you're blabbering about.

And I forgot to add "statement" after piss poor, but you got the point I hope.

4 minutes ago, j4jets said:

35% of the people voted for Fitz to get 10+ mil on a multiyear deal. This thread started 10 hours ago. Not sure what you're blabbering about.

And I forgot to add "statement" after piss poor, but you got the point I hope.

no. they didn't. you fell for that added sh*t in parenthesis by the op to strengthen his geno case. the rest of us took it as 8m and what was reportedly offered by the jets brass at the time. now answer the question

Just now, ylekram said:

no. they didn't. you fell for that added sh*t in parenthesis by the op to strengthen his geno case. the rest of us took it as 8m and what was reportedly offered by the jets brass at the time

lol, you have to be pretty dumb to vote for 8+mil (most likely 10+mil on multiyear deal) instead of $7mil if you didn't want to pay Fitz 10mil. That was the whole point. And besides you, everyone on this board that voted 10+mil is ok paying Fitz 10+ mil. Have a look at that other thread and tell me how many people are saying they're ok with the rumored $11mil figure.

5 minutes ago, j4jets said:
5 minutes ago, j4jets said:

lol, you have to be pretty dumb to vote for 8+mil (most likely 10+mil on multiyear deal) instead of $7mil if you didn't want to pay Fitz 10mil. That was the whole point. And besides you, everyone on this board that voted 10+mil is ok paying Fitz 10+ mil. Have a look at that other thread and tell me how many people are saying they're ok with the rumored $11mil figure.

that's why I said at the time of the post. and why would somebody have to be dumb to vote 8M instead of 7m or roll with geno? if I was ok with paying fitz 8m, why wouldn't I put my vote there?

7 minutes ago, ylekram said:

that's why I said at the time of the post. and why would somebody have to be dumb to vote 8M instead of 7m or roll with geno? if I was ok with paying fitz 8m, why wouldn't I put my vote there?

Because the $8 mil says "most likely 10+mil"?

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

So why do you want Fitz back then?  You've said a number of times you want him back, cheap.

Yet you blame alot of last year on him and give him very little credit.  And you're hard core aggressive denouncing others who want Fitz back.

So why do you want him back exactly?

I do.  Doesn't mean he's perfect, doesn't mean he didn't have a bad game.  Not as bad as acting like he's perfect and had nothing to do with losing in Buffalo.  

You have a hard time with all of this.  He's just good enough.  I've said it before.  I denounce nothing.  I denounce the moronic idea that a rookie and 2nd QB is a final product that can't improve.  Unfortunately Fitz fans are threatened by that concept, are afraid there guy might finish 2nd and will have to slit their wrists to save face.  

Ive made myself clear about Fitz.  More than once.

The bottom line is that you have a starter coming off of a good year and you don't demote him or start a rookie. It's counterproductive. There isn't a Qb competition because you already have a starter. And that's the way it works on all teams. 

6 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

watch Smith on that play he never adjusts his speed or his route. That ball was thrown 20 yards before the spot of the play and it was a terrible adjustment. Good experienced Receivers make a play on that ball. Could it have been thrown a bit deeper ? Yes but its still up to the WR to make a play on every deep ball thrown.

Dude he was RAW ROOKIE WHO MISSED ALL OF CAMP.  HE/IS WAS NOT AN EXPERIENCED RECEIVER, THAT IS THE POINT. Fitz was a 10 year vet signal caller throwing to a player who he KNOWS is in the game as the DEEP THREAT, and that was the best throw he could make????  But yeah lets blame Smith for "not adjusting his speed", lol.  Jeez the excuses for this guy on this board... 

5 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

He threw the ball well. It should never have been a pick. He could have caught it. It wasn't meant to be thrown over the DB,. It looked like the play was meant to be on the run. Not necessarily for a TD. It was eminently catch able. 

Dude I am sorry but if you think that was a good throw, you are out of your mind. I would have believe that even the most staunch but OBJECTIVE Fitz fans would acknowledge that ball was poorly thrown or poorly placed or both.  I guess he thought he was throwing the ball to Marshall and he would out fight the guy for the ball when all he had to do was put more arm and air into his throw while aiming for Smth's back shoulder.   

34 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

The bottom line is that you have a starter coming off of a good year and you don't demote him or start a rookie. It's counterproductive. There isn't a Qb competition because you already have a starter. And that's the way it works on all teams. 

The bottom line is we have all seen this movie before when Fitz was in Buffalo, he suckered them out of millions, and the Bills paid for that mistake for 7 years now, the Jets shouldn't let 1 good season against the easiest schedule the Jets may have ever faced, with the best offensive weapons the team has had since Toon, McNeil Shuler, and Walker.

23 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Dude I am sorry but if you think that was a good throw, you are out of your mind. I would have believe that even the most staunch but OBJECTIVE Fitz fans would acknowledge that ball was poorly thrown or poorly placed or both.  I guess he thought he was throwing the ball to Marshall and he would out fight the guy for the ball when all he had to do was put more arm and air into his throw while aiming for Smth's back shoulder.   

Yes, Smith's outside shoulder. The placement was similar to the first INT at Buffalo where only the defender (McKelvin) had a chance to play the ball.

32 minutes ago, jetrider said:

Yes, Smith's outside shoulder. The placement was similar to the first INT at Buffalo where only the defender (McKelvin) had a chance to play the ball.

"But it was a perfect pass n the defender made an unbelievable play"

-Fitz Nuts

7 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

watch Smith on that play he never adjusts his speed or his route. That ball was thrown 20 yards before the spot of the play and it was a terrible adjustment. Good experienced Receivers make a play on that ball. Could it have been thrown a bit deeper ? Yes but its still up to the WR to make a play on every deep ball thrown.

You're watching through Fitz colored glasses.  It was a bad pass, one that was an INT because it was under thrown and thrown to the wrong side.  Period.  Not Smiths fault.  Fitzs fault. 

If Geno threw this pass you would fire off 5 or 6 cliches on why he threw a pick, how he'll never learn and how Fitz never would have thrown that pass. 

I have no problem paying Fitz 10 million for 1 or 2 years. He's a bandaid QB, both the Jets and Fitz understand that but at this point, the Jets will start either Fitz, Geno, or Hackenberg come week 1. Who gives us the best chances of winning? That's Fitz. If you cannot see that, then you have some issues comprehending the game of football. 

Just get him signed already so he can at least mentor Hackenberg before Geno starts giving him advice. 

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

I do.  Doesn't mean he's perfect, doesn't mean he didn't have a bad game.  Not as bad as acting like he's perfect and had nothing to do with losing in Buffalo.  

You have a hard time with all of this.

If you think, in any form, that I have said Fitz is "perfect", you're either unable to read, or just flat out dishonest.  For the love of God, the hyperbole....

I denounce the moronic idea that a rookie and 2nd QB is a final product that can't improve.

No one is saying he "can't".  Most of us (who feel this way) do not think he will improve, not enough at the least.  Not the same thing.

Unfortunately Fitz fans are threatened by that concept, are afraid there guy might finish 2nd and will have to slit their wrists to save face.  

Are you serious?  /faceplam, you really are off your meds.

Ive made myself clear about Fitz.  More than once.

Clear as Mud.

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

I have no problem paying Fitz 10 million for 1 or 2 years. He's a bandaid QB, both the Jets and Fitz understand that but at this point, the Jets will start either Fitz, Geno, or Hackenberg come week 1. Who gives us the best chances of winning? That's Fitz. If you cannot see that, then you have some issues comprehending the game of football. 

Just get him signed already so he can at least mentor Hackenberg before Geno starts giving him advice. 

Then I have issues comprehending the game. I tend to look beyond stats. I tend to look at Ds and matchups to determine how a good QB should perform. And Fitz wasn't even close. 

And if you're so into statistics, then statistically speaking, Fitz had a better year with Texans last season yet they got rid of him. 

53 minutes ago, Warfish said:

If you think, in any form, that I have said Fitz is "perfect", you're either unable to read, or just flat out dishonest.  For the love of God, the hyperbole....

No one is saying he "can't".  Most of us (who feel this way) do not think he will improve, not enough at the least.  Not the same thing.

Are you serious?  /faceplam, you really are off your meds.

Clear as Mud.

Do yourself a favor.  Stop facepalming, acting shocked or talking about meds.  You're not a good enough poster to pick apart everyone's words to this degree.  Nice way to destroy a point and come off as pompous all at once.    

13 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

If both were getting paid what they are alla G Smith $ I'd still disagree, but would get on board without a peep, but when you start talking 8, 9, 10+ million for Fitz, and under 2 million for Geno I'll take Geno.

And if you were the GM and made that choice???? You'd get FIRED for passing up that ever elusive good QB.

Just to be clear, we are talking about the Jets QB who threw the most touchdowns in a season, ever, who the entire locker room loves and wants back, and who is our only real option.

What does the market say that is worth? 10-12 mill? Yes, absolutely it does.

DC

7 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Do yourself a favor.  Stop facepalming, acting shocked or talking about meds.  You're not a good enough poster to pick apart everyone's words to this degree.  Nice way to destroy a point and come off as pompous all at once.    

I'm not joking or being facetious in any way, you come across as near bipolar in your consistent inconsistency of position combined with your intense tone of anger at everything and everyone.  The anger jumps right off the screen every time I read one of your posts of late.    

I mean really, you just said that I called Fitz "perfect", which is such a blatant lie I almost have no words to respond to it.  You followed that up with a claim that Fitz fans would rather lose than see Geno win.  And you top it off with some rhetoric about "can't" improve vs. opinions that he will not materially improve, a clearcut lack of understanding on your part.  If those three statements aren't faceplam worthy, nothing is.  

Your reading comprehension has been abysmal of late, you skip right over what people actually say and write, and go directly to an angry rebuttal of points no one is actually making, and often angrily denouncing both sides of a debate within 2-3 posts.

It's very hard to have a discourse with someone acting as you have been of late.  

22 hours ago, Snell41 said:

When a player you're interested his the free agent market his agents work to get him the best deal possible. The market bears his value based on the offers received from teams. If a GM really wants the player, he pays a little more than other teams offer in simple terms. That's Free Agency in a nutshell.

Having said that, Ryan Fitzpatrick has been on the market selling his services as a starter for months now. He has received zero offers. The market has spoken. He has greatly overstated his value. Now mind you if he fielded offers as a backup I'm sure he'd get plenty of offers. So that's your market value for the player. We should not be offering him anything more than a higher end backup QB value in the 4-5m range, and because we can imply he would likely be the starter for us, add in incentive clauses that he can earn if he is the starter.

How the hell people are talking about giving the guy 10m a year or more for multiple years is mind numbingly stupid. Have you all lost your minds? The guaranteed money nothing to do with how he played last year, nor how you think he may play (that's what incentives are for), it is market value. Fitz's only leverage is retirement, and frankly if that's where his head is at then by all means go ahead.

What some of you guys are advocating is to pay millions more than the market value of the player. Deals like that are what kill franchises and make them look like the senile Al Davis Raider days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's starting to look like Mac doesn't understand how free agency works.  Folded under the media pressure.  

7 hours ago, j4jets said:

Then I have issues comprehending the game. I tend to look beyond stats. I tend to look at Ds and matchups to determine how a good QB should perform. And Fitz wasn't even close. 

And if you're so into statistics, then statistically speaking, Fitz had a better year with Texans last season yet they got rid of him. 

In other words, you make a hypothesis, and then go about finding ways to back up your hypothesis so that you are right. That my friend, is REALLY bad science.

10 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

The bottom line is we have all seen this movie before when Fitz was in Buffalo, he suckered them out of millions, and the Bills paid for that mistake for 7 years now, the Jets shouldn't let 1 good season against the easiest schedule the Jets may have ever faced, with the best offensive weapons the team has had since Toon, McNeil Shuler, and Walker.

It's pretty obvious you don't give Fitz a multi-year deal at this stage of his career. The concern should be 2016 only. As for the past in Buff this is true but that was in a different situation and place. It could be the player is a better fit with the Jets in this time period. And sometimes players improve. It really makes no sense not to bring him back. 

8 hours ago, j4jets said:

What don't you like about Fitz? 

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

I'm not joking or being facetious in any way, you come across as near bipolar in your consistent inconsistency of position combined with your intense tone of anger at everything and everyone.  The anger jumps right off the screen every time I read one of your posts of late.    

I mean really, you just said that I called Fitz "perfect", which is such a blatant lie I almost have no words to respond to it.  You followed that up with a claim that Fitz fans would rather lose than see Geno win.  And you top it off with some rhetoric about "can't" improve vs. opinions that he will not materially improve, a clearcut lack of understanding on your part.  If those three statements aren't faceplam worthy, nothing is.  

Your reading comprehension has been abysmal of late, you skip right over what people actually say and write, and go directly to an angry rebuttal of points no one is actually making, and often angrily denouncing both sides of a debate within 2-3 posts.

It's very hard to have a discourse with someone acting as you have been of late.  

like him or hate him, agree with opinions or not, warfish completely owning his adversaries these days

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

All I said, sarcastically that Fitz isn't perfect.  2 blown out of proportion, diatribes that you never said he was perfect and I gave compression issues. 

Good for you.  Makes you feel good?  Then I'm happy

4 hours ago, BowlesMovement said:

In other words, you make a hypothesis, and then go about finding ways to back up your hypothesis so that you are right. That my friend, is REALLY bad science.

True, except we're not talking about science are we? We are talking about opinions. My "hypothesis" is that a good QB with possibly the best WR duo in the league facing the leagues worst schedule and the absolute worst Ds further missing several of their key starters on a rather consistent basis, should be tearing up those Ds n not putting up average to bottom of the barrel numbers n missing out on the playoffs.  

Science or not, Fitz at his best wasn't the answer and he still isn't the answer. 

3 hours ago, Ghost said:

What don't you like about Fitz? 

His potential, his talent, and his skills are not enough to take us anywhere. Even during the easiest schedule we've had possibly ever, he melted against a depleted D. He relied heavily on the WRs last season along with facing some seriously bad Ds. To top that off, having to pay him 10+ mil is just insane. 

Archived