Minicamp Preview: Questions to be Answered

JetNation

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

You act as if you wouldn't do the same thing and haven't done it in your own life. The guy is looking down the barrel of his last big pay day. He has every right to try and do what is best for him and his family. You don't really get to judge that.

Tell that to Latrell Sprewell...

2 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

All of those guys want(ed) to be paid as the highest paid player at their position. Fitz just wants to be paid in accordance to what starting QBs get paid and have a little security the next few years. Who can blame him?

And you called others hypocrites?

LOL, look in the mirror.  Who gives a shlt that one of them wanted to be paid the highest at his position.  He was the best at his position, should have been paid the highest at his position.  Fitz wants to be paid more than hes, as much as younger, better QBs who arent holding down the position for others are worth and somehow thats better.

Hypocrite 

2 hours ago, dbatesman said:

Things That Don't Count When Evaluating Jets Quarterbacks

• Performance in college
  • Performance at OTAs
  • Performance at minicamp
  • Performance in training camp
  • Performance in Green and White Scrimmage
  • Performance in preseason
  • Performance in regular-season losses

And the input of braindead fans who havent see the QB play that they're whining about.

Now please point out where, other than OTAs, Hackenberg has performed up to now?

6 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Hack-WR-Screen-Miss.gif

Should they cut him now?

I mean, you do know more than people like Chan, Macc, scouts etc.  People who do this for a living but should have come to JN to get real insight from fans who read tweets from OTAs.  

Hey, I remember when Favre was young, he would come in games and would be wild as can be, missing passes until he settled down.  He had to learn how to do that.  Think he would up OK.  Thankfully the internet basement scouting group didnt exist back then

And really, this proves a lot.  No other QB, anywhere, ever missed a pass.  Ever.  

Your insight is appreciated.  

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Should they cut him now?

I mean, you do know more than people like Chan, Macc, scouts etc.  People who do this for a living but should have come to JN to get real insight from fans who read tweets from OTAs.  

And really, this proves a lot.  No other QB, anywhere, ever missed a pass.  Ever.  

Your insight is appreciated.  

thx

3 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

All of those guys want(ed) to be paid as the highest paid player at their position. Fitz just wants to be paid in accordance to what starting QBs get paid and have a little security the next few years. Who can blame him?

Get off his nuts already dude. 

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

And you called others hypocrites?

LOL, look in the mirror.  Who gives a shlt that one of them wanted to be paid the highest at his position.  He was the best at his position, should have been paid the highest at his position.  Fitz wants to be paid more than hes, as much as younger, better QBs who arent holding down the position for others are worth and somehow thats better.

Hypocrite 

Who did I call a hypocrite? Who is Fitz holding down? How am I a hypocrite? Do you even know what that means? Is English even your first language?

9 minutes ago, faba said:

Can we get some closure on this please- 200 diferent  QB threads with arguments says so

At least it's good for business, right?

I'd imagine traffic is up here vs last year at this time.

5 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Cute. Let me know when you want to graduate from the kids table. Until then, adults are talking.

Some adults know when they say something once that it's enough. However, in your case, it's flipping annoying as hell because you just repeat yourself over and over and over. I mean really...do you work for the guy? Are you getting a cut off the contract? 

6 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Who did I call a hypocrite? Who is Fitz holding down? How am I a hypocrite? Do you even know what that means? Is English even your first language?

You're clueless if you havent figured out how youre being a hypocrite.

Buttttttt, Revis wanted too much.  Abraham, Keyshawn all of them.

Not my Fitzy.  He's just looking for money, who are we to whine like we did with Revis, Keyshawn and Abraham.  And who cares that each and every one of those players were better at their position than Fitzy ever was at his.  

I know, I'll ignore the point and ask if English is his language.  lol

HYPOCRITE, look it up

3 minutes ago, shevys said:

Some adults know when they say something once that it's enough. However, in your case, it's flipping annoying as hell because you just repeat yourself over and over and over. I mean really...do you work for the guy? Are you getting a cut off the contract? 

This is a message board for discussions. I'm posting my opinion for what I feel is best for the team. I'm sorry you're annoyed. Maybe try something else to use your time with then.

Just now, Jet Nut said:

You're clueless if you havent figured out how youre being a hypocrite.

Buttttttt, Revis wanted too much.  Abraham, Keyshawn all of them.

Not my Fitzy.  He's just looking for money, who are we to whine like we did with Revis, Keyshawn and Abraham.  And who cares that each and every one of those players were better at their position than Fitzy ever was at his.  

I know, I'll ignore the point and ask if English is his language.  lol

HYPOCRITE, look it up

I'd like for you to show where I whined that any of those guys wanted to much. Nothing of the sort came from me. My position has been that these guys should try and make as much money as they can. If it's with this team, or another, good for them. Was I bummed when Revis and Abe were traded? Of course, but the Jets weren't willing to meet their demands, so they did what they thought was best for the team. Same thing with Wilk. I'd be bummed if he left, but if he wants a big contract and the Jets don't want to give it to them, maybe the the front offices knows something we don't. Wilk will get paid just like Revis, Keyshawn, and Abe did, as well they should. Doesn't have to be with the Jets. Also, none of those guys ever hit free agency. Fitz is a free agent, so he's not really holding out, but you knew that.

Sorry to ruin your pretty little narrative.

Fitz is not a Jet. 

Geno is. So is Petty. So is Hack.

Currently that is the QB competition. Geno, having been here the longest, gets 1st team reps.  Then Petty, the Hack.  

Let the competition begin. 

I'd be happy with whoever wins the competition- and we have a good team around the QB (on both sides of the ball) to set him up for success.

If its Geno, I have more faith in him than in the rest. b/c he has gone through a lot. He got a chance to sit and learn the playbook all year. He ate some humble pie and hopefully matured after the IK incident and losing his job to a journeyman QB. He showed a lot of flashes of great play during his time here. Its the last year of his contract and this is a great opportunity for him- I think he will take hold of it and surprise a lot of people with his play.   

9 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I think we can get Jim Harbaugh in 2018. Thoughts?

I think he's too old to get out of the way of the rush and his arm has lost most of its zip.  Can't make all of the throws!

17 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I'd like for you to show where I whined that any of those guys wanted to much. Nothing of the sort came from me. My position has been that these guys should try and make as much money as they can. If it's with this team, or another, good for them. Was I bummed when Revis and Abe were traded? Of course, but the Jets weren't willing to meet their demands, so they did what they thought was best for the team. Same thing with Wilk. I'd be bummed if he left, but if he wants a big contract and the Jets don't want to give it to them, maybe the the front offices knows something we don't. Wilk will get paid just like Revis, Keyshawn, and Abe did, as well they should. Doesn't have to be with the Jets. Also, none of those guys ever hit free agency. Fitz is a free agent, so he's not really holding out, but you knew that.

Sorry to ruin your pretty little narrative.

Ugh you just posted that the difference is Revis etc wanted top dollar and Fitz just wants 12 per, whatever.

YOU just excused Fitzs demands as normal and what we'd all do.  Who are we to criticize.  After all he wants 4 mil less than HOF Revis.  16 to Revis, greedy.  12 to the guy I'm praising all the time, reasonable and deserved. Lol

Then you turn around and criticize Revis, Abraham, Mo, Keyshawn because YOU decided they may have asked for too much. But not Fitz.  YOU wrote we would all do like him.  The rest, greedy.  

Just admit you have no point 

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Ugh you just posted that the difference is Revis etc wanted top dollar and Fitz just wants 12 per, whatever.

YOU just excused Fitzs demands as normal and what we'd all do.  Who are we to criticize.  After all he wants 4 mil less than HOF Revis.  16 to Revis, greedy.  12 to the guy I'm praising all the time, reasonable and deserved. Lol

Then you turn around and criticize Revis, Abraham, Mo, Keyshawn because YOU decided they may have asked for too much. But not Fitz.  YOU wrote we would all do like him.  The rest, greedy.  

Just admit you have no point 

Again, I never criticized any of those guys for wanting to get paid and never called them greedy. Saying those guys wanted top dollar at their position while Fitz is not asking for that is just pointing out a difference in asking price. You are the one reading into things too much. Do not put words in my mouth, especially your misconstrued, garbled mess.

24 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Again, I never criticized any of those guys for wanting to get paid and never called them greedy. Saying those guys wanted top dollar at their position while Fitz is not asking for that is just pointing out a difference in asking price. You are the one reading into things too much. Do not put words in my mouth, especially your misconstrued, garbled mess.

You said the difference is those players, who I said were called greedy wanted top dollar. 

I said people have a double standard with Fitz.  You said it's different.  You defended what I called a double standard because of this.  You agreed with it.  You can't agree that they were greedy and Fitz is just asking for what's rightfully his and then say that you never said it.  

Youll argue anything.?

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

You said the difference is those players, who I said were called greedy wanted top dollar. 

I said people have a double standard with Fitz.  You said it's different.  You defended what I called a double standard because of this.  You agreed with it.  You can't agree that they were greedy and Fitz is just asking for what's rightfully his and then say that you never said it.  

Youll argue anything.?

I never said they were greedy. Period. End of story. Move on with your life.

27 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

If that's what you choose to believe, go ahead. Keep posting though and confirm what everyone else already knows about the intelligence level in this interaction.

Actually it seems to bother you.  

Everyone knows you're not smart.  That's obvious.  

I think it would be good if Fitz isn't at minicamp. Let Geno run the offense and give the coaches a real chance to see what he looks like.

Then they can lower the contract offer to Fitz.You now get 2 years for 15 million. You have a week to decide. Oh but the offer goes down 500k every day you wait.

:)

33 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I think it would be good if Fitz isn't at minicamp. Let Geno run the offense and give the coaches a real chance to see what he looks like.

Then they can lower the contract offer to Fitz.You now get 2 years for 15 million. You have a week to decide. Oh but the offer goes down 500k every day you wait.

How much more do they have see? Two years of film isn't enough? Last year's camp wasn't enough? The Raiders game wasn't enough? I think they've seen enough. 

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Good plan.  But I'd lower it to 2 years 12mil.  However then to be fair, it only goes down 250k every day it's not accepted.

4 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

How much more do they have see? Two years of film isn't enough? Last year's camp wasn't enough? The Raiders game wasn't enough? I think they've seen enough. 

Blow it out your arse. Steve Young was horrible his 1st two years. So was Vinnie Cacciatore.

4 hours ago, Maxman said:

Same words of Michael Kay.

Archived