Jets OTAs June 8th.

Villain The Foe

8 hours ago, j4jets said:

So I take it that you're not on the Ryan "Best Jets QB season" Fitzpatrick bandwagon. 

So much so that I'm catering the affair after Fitz signs with another team or retires. "Hats and everything..."**

** Yes, that's a "Fatso" reference. lol   

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Colgateman said:

Agreed, The thing about Hackenbeeg that concerns me is, that accuracy can't be teached. He has a rocket arm but can't even throw the ball over the middle or a simple running back screen, going into the NFL! That's stuff that even kids in high school can do, sadly i believe once again, In a draft with 3 or 4 guys that could become good starting quarterbacks, the jets once again picked the egg

Im not too sure about that. His accuracy could be based on his mechanics. Im not saying that I know that for sure, but things like where your forward foot is pointed as you release can impact where the ball is headed for example. 

The good thing is that he wont touch a football field this year minimum. 

I never thought I would be quoting Mangini, but some of you folks need to relax .   "It's a process" with Hackenberg . The Kid has to learn the Jets offense while forgetting the last 2 years at Penn State . He has to rebuild his mechanics and learn the habits of his receivers  . He needs the yr on the bench with the clip board .  If he didn't,  he would have been the 1st QB off the board . 

Hackenberg will be just fine .  Jet fans and the Media need to go on vacation with their analysis when it comes to this kid .   

3 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

I never thought I would be quoting Mangini, but some of you folks need to relax .   "It's a process" with Hackenberg . The Kid has to learn the Jets offense while forgetting the last 2 years at Penn State . He has to rebuild his mechanics and learn the habits of his receivers  . He needs the yr on the bench with the clip board .  If he didn't,  he would have been the 1st QB off the board . 

Hackenberg will be just fine .  Jet fans and the Media need to go on vacation with their analysis when it comes to this kid .   

I agree %100. 

Two things-

1. right now you need to look at the big picture with this kid. He's obviously got the smarts (a good head on his shoulders) and he got the talent.

2. you really need top see him play an actual game in the NFL before you can really start to analyze and judge. Practice is just no comparison to actual in game action. I have a feeling Hack will show a lot of poise and control of the offense for a young QB many did not expect once he actually gets a chance to play in an NFL game. 

1 minute ago, PepPep said:

I agree %100. 

Two things-

1. right now you need to look at the big picture with this kid. He's obviously got the smarts (a good head on his shoulders) and he got the talent.

2. you really need top see him play an actual game in the NFL before you can really start to analyze and judge. Practice is just no comparison to actual in game action. I have a feeling Hack will show a lot of poise and control of the offense for a young QB many did not expect once he actually gets a chance to play in an NFL game. 

I hope he looks awful to be honest . I don't want anyone thinking this kid should be anywhere near the field this coming season . This kid is the most talented QB this franchise has had in forever . He's smart, has the tools and can move around well enough to make plays if he has too .  The problem is he needs to be reprogrammed .  He needs time on the bench .  I would be willing to bet (not really) that in this kid's entire career as a football player, he has never sat and watched . Humility will go far in helping this kid achieve what I believe he can be .

2 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Sheldon does nothing but produce for the Jets. Every Jets fans felt the same way until his offseason situation last year. Suddenly fans portray him as some sort of problem. 

Has Richardson ever missed a mandatory day? OTA's are voluntary. RIchardson has been saying since 2014 that the jets should pay Mo Wilkerson. That doesnt sound selfish to me. 

FLORHAM PARKJets defensive end Sheldon Richardson on Thursday spoke to reporters for the first time since being suspended four games for violating the NFL's drug policy, and even though he's failed multiple tests for smoking marijuana, he made a guarantee that it wouldn't happen again.

"Yeah," Richardson said in response to a direct question about whether he could make such a guarantee. "I'm not a dope fiend."

Richardson, a talented Jets defensive end, never tried to shirk responsibility for getting caught.

"I failed every drug test and this drug test, so there wasn't no reason to appeal it," he said. "I take full accountability for my actions. Like I said before, I apologize to my teammates, to this organization, I told them you don't have to worry about my name being in the news again."

Add the speeding while endangering the welfare of a child and having a loaded weapon in the car????

Sounds selfish to me. I guess our definition of selfish varies.

Yours is limited to the playing field.... mine extends to the decisions one makes in their personal life that effects others.

14 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

FLORHAM PARKJets defensive end Sheldon Richardson on Thursday spoke to reporters for the first time since being suspended four games for violating the NFL's drug policy, and even though he's failed multiple tests for smoking marijuana, he made a guarantee that it wouldn't happen again.

"Yeah," Richardson said in response to a direct question about whether he could make such a guarantee. "I'm not a dope fiend."

Richardson, a talented Jets defensive end, never tried to shirk responsibility for getting caught.

"I failed every drug test and this drug test, so there wasn't no reason to appeal it," he said. "I take full accountability for my actions. Like I said before, I apologize to my teammates, to this organization, I told them you don't have to worry about my name being in the news again."

Add the speeding while endangering the welfare of a child and having a loaded weapon in the car????

Yours is limited to the playing field.... mine extends to the decisions one makes in their personal life that effects others.

I must have missed it, can you link where he was charged or convicted of endangering the welfare of a child or possession of a weapon in that case?

1 hour ago, Tinstar said:

Lots of faith in 'he will be just fine' when he is coming off two bad years, has gotten the shi* kicked out of him and his mechanics are a mess.  Just what is a young Qb supposed to bring to the table when getting drafted in the 2nd round?  He's a far worse looking prospect coming into this league than Geno smith or Sanchez before him.

He'll get his year or probably two years so no worries there.  I just hope to heck that the Jets attitude is not 'we have to give this guy a few years' while passing up potentially better prospects in the next few years.

2 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Im not too sure about that. His accuracy could be based on his mechanics. Im not saying that I know that for sure, but things like where your forward foot is pointed as you release can impact where the ball is headed for example. 

The good thing is that he wont touch a football field this year minimum. 

Why is that? Geno was a 2nd rounder too. Started from the getgo n still gets killed for not being Brady. People don't understand that. They are the same people that also think Hack needs a year or two to be ready, yet they wanted immediate results from Geno. 

25 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

I must have missed it, can you link where he was charged or convicted of endangering the welfare of a child or possession of a weapon in that case?

SMH

51 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

I don't care about his personal life because it's his personal life and I don't know him personally in order to make such a personal comment. 

You show me how Richardson's personal decisions effected you personally , then and only then will I understand you making comments on his personal life. 

Until then, I'd suggest people stop being such the critic when it comes to people's personal life that they have no clue about. 

16 hours ago, YankeeJet22 said:

and you're posting this why? The Jets reportedly had a 3rd round grade on Lynch.  You wanted them to draft him with the 20th overall pick with a 3rd round grade?  Cmon Beer, you're better than that.

Couldn't help but take the bait here...  

Who does that say more about? Lynch, or Mac and the Jets scouting team... cause right now, the SB champions have a guy who's been great thus far in OTAs, while our guy can't hit the broad side of a barn.

Just asking.

17 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Well there it is, Lynch is going to the HOF and Hackenberg is going to bust

Thanks for the insight.

Because of the way things unfolded - Lynch vs Hackenberg is going to be an enduring discussion for the next 3-4 years. Y'all can just deal with it. It won't be until Hackenberg becomes "the guy" that people will leave this one in the morgue.

And rightfully so. 

If Lynch becomes a big deal, and Hack continues to stink it up - Mac and his team deserve to eat sh*t. They blew it. 

Just now, Paradis said:

Because of the way things unfolded - Lynch vs Hackenberg is going to be an enduring discussion for the next 3-4 years. Y'all can just deal with it. It won't be until Hackenberg becomes "the guy" that people will leave this one in the morgue.

And rightfully so. 

If Lynch becomes a big deal, and Hack continues to stink it up - Mac and his team deserve to eat sh*t. They blew it. 

Trust me no one other than two of you are comparing Lynch to Hackenberg off of a couple of drills during OTAs.  

If they ever do. 

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Who does that say more about? Lynch, or Mac and the Jets scouting team... cause right now, the SB champions have a guy who's been great thus far in OTAs, while our guy can't hit the broad side of a barn.

Just asking.

Geno's been rocking OTAs also. Maybe we should fire Macc and rehire Idzik based these OTA reports.....

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Trust me no one other than two of you are comparing Lynch to Hackenberg off of a couple of drills during OTAs.  

If they ever do. 

oh I agree, it's silly to have this conversation on June 9th.. 

Big picture though? Yes, you better believe their careers are going to be pitted against each other's amongst Jets Fans

7 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Just asking.

I'm not saying the Jets graded him correctly.  What I'm saying is that if they had Lynch as a 3rd round player, then they did the right thing by passing on him.  Time will tell.

6 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Big picture though? Yes, you better believe their careers are going to be pitted against each other's amongst Jets Fans

Actually, the comparisons will be Hack + Lee vs. Lynch.

3 minutes ago, YankeeJet22 said:

Actually, the comparisons will be Hack + Lee vs. Lynch.

If Lee is all-world, then yea, the decision to pass over Lynch will seem more calculated. Assuming we have a functional QB...

11 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Just asking.

Lynch should be ahead of hack right now, he was a first round pick. They chose to go with the project QB in the second round knowing they were adding a stud LB with their first pick. Denver can defend their title with a rookie QB, the jets are taking a more long term approach with their guy. And to those who think the jets might pass up a stud QB next year if we end up with a top pick-- if mac isn't afraid to draft a DE at number 6 with mo and pre-suspension sheldon ahead of him, then he won't pass on a QB because of hack and petty 

21 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Just asking.

eh, Geno has been great in OTA's the past couple years too... does that mean we should re-hire Idzik and fire the current regime?

14 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I don't know.  Lynch is tricky.  Too many had him as 2nd round talent.  If Macc and others agree even if he develops still doesn't make it wrong to pass.  Like Flacco.  He turned out to be a QB we should have grabbed at 6 but at the time he was a mid first, 6 would have been considered a reach.  Don't hear to many complaining that we could have had Flacco.  Unless Lynch becomes elite and I'm not seeing it

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I don't know.  Lynch is tricky.  Too many had him as 2nd round talent.  If Macc and others agree even if he develops still doesn't make it wrong to pass.  Like Flacco.  He turned out to be a QB we should have grabbed at 6 but at the time he was a mid first, 6 would have been considered a reach.  Don't hear to many complaining that we could have had Flacco.  Unless Lynch becomes elite and I'm not seeing it

Had we been clearly fishing for a QB in 2008, passed on Flacco and took Brian "Louisville" Brohm in the 2nd... then yea. I think Brohm vs Flacco would have been a thing. Especially when Flacco won the SB... just like it would probably a thing if Lynch won one with DEN in 4 years while Hack was doing a Blaine Gabbert impression.

Who knows what the future holds. But based on our "Great search for the franchise QB" that went on this past offseason, there's definitely kindling for a fire here.

Clearly the Jets consider Hack's ceiling / potential higher than Lynch's. Lynch appears to be ahead of Hack in many areas right now, which shows (or more likely doesn't really show) in OTAs as rookies. The question is two fold IMO. Where will Hack and Lynch be in 3 years (clearly the Jets think he will be ahead) and which QB fits best into the Jets environment (including the Media).

So, the Jets can still be 'right' even if Lynch does better now and even if Lynch does better in 3 years, would he have thrived in the NY market/style of football? Last year's super bowl demonstrated that Denver doesn't need a HOF performance from their QB to be successful - that doesn't necessarily apply to the Jets. Or, put another way, had Manning been our QB last year, how much further would we have gone?

41 minutes ago, Colgateman said:

I didn't thought my grammar mattered on an Internet forum, thank you for telling me that.

Before you try to minimize your stupidity by suggesting the channel through which it was exposed is low-brow, consider the fact that you spend an inordinate amount of time here.

5 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

Clearly the Jets consider Hack's ceiling / potential higher than Lynch's. Lynch appears to be ahead of Hack in many areas right now, which shows (or more likely doesn't really show) in OTAs as rookies. The question is two fold IMO. Where will Hack and Lynch be in 3 years (clearly the Jets think he will be ahead) and which QB fits best into the Jets environment (including the Media).

So, the Jets can still be 'right' even if Lynch does better now and even if Lynch does better in 3 years, would he have thrived in the NY market/style of football? Last year's super bowl demonstrated that Denver doesn't need a HOF performance from their QB to be successful - that doesn't necessarily apply to the Jets. Or, put another way, had Manning been our QB last year, how much further would we have gone?

How does Lynch "appear" to be ahead of Hack?

It's ******* OTA's and each team has their own unique set of circumstances. 

Is this all based on cherry picking tweets about a couple of passes thrown? Yeesh.

Just now, Integrity28 said:

How does Lynch "appear" to be ahead of Hack?

It's ******* OTA's and each team has their own unique set of circumstances. 

Is this all based on cherry picking tweets about a couple of passes thrown? Yeesh.

As my comment about (not showing); I don't put much validity in OTA analysis and tweets at this point. It is way too early to know anything.

My point was that even if Lynch appears to be ahead of Hack it doesn't show that not drafting Lynch was a mistake as the Jets feel that Hack has better long-term promise and would handle the NY environment better. In fact, since I am suggesting long term analysis, even TC and preseason is too early to judge. It is not where they are today, but in 3 years that matters (or appears to matter) to Jets management.

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Before you try to minimize your stupidity by suggesting the channel through which it was exposed is low-brow, consider the fact that you spend an inordinate amount of time here.

Ah again, sorry I am not trying to type like an English scholar on a forum for a football team, I apologize and I promise I will do better. Are you happy now?

Sheldon does nothing but produce for the Jets. Every Jets fans felt the same way until his offseason situation last year. Suddenly fans portray him as some sort of problem. 

Suddenly???

He has already been suspended for using illegal drugs and then he takes the cops on a 145 MPH joy ride with a kid and a loaded gun in the car.

Yea, he's no problem at all.

Archived