The Mini Camp Thread

Maxman

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Thanks for posting the tweets guys... I think the most consequential thing that is emerging is the play of Dee Milliner. If he can stay healthy, it's like we got an extra 1st rounder this year!

Don't bury the lede. The most consequential thing here is that Idzik is being validated more and more every day.

9 hours ago, no psls said:

SIGN FITZ NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's not that simple.  Just because we may really want Fitz doesn't mean he'll accept our offer.  He has to filter through all of the offers he's received from other teams.  

Fingers crossed he likes our offer better than the others.  But wishful thinking I'd say.  After his illustrious 11 year career and amazing 2015, he probably has his pick of like 20 great offers.

1 hour ago, Mike135 said:

It's not that simple.  Just because we may really want Fitz doesn't mean he'll accept our offer.  He has to filter through all of the offers he's received from other teams.  

Fingers crossed he likes our offer better than the others.  But wishful thinking I'd say.  After his illustrious 11 year career and amazing 2015, he probably has his pick of like 20 great offers.

My opinion if Geno is as low or lower than almost any other poster on these boards and I think Fitz is.... wel... I think Fitz is OK.  Not great, not terrible.  With all of that said I don't think this Jets team is a winning team in 2016 with either of them so we should save the extra $12M and maybe Geno gets us a top-3 pick next year.

3 minutes ago, EM31 said:

My opinion if Geno is as low or lower than almost any other poster on these boards and I think Fitz is.... wel... I think Fitz is OK.  Not great, not terrible.  With all of that said I don't think this Jets team is a winning team in 2016 with either of them so we should save the extra $12M and maybe Geno gets us a top-3 pick next year.

Disagree about Geno's potential, but still like the opinion overall.  Any Geno outcome is better than any Fitz (over 5mil) outcome.  Even if it's going 3-13 and getting a top pick.

4 hours ago, EM31 said:

And this really is the thing.  Folks who subscribe to the idea that Mac gets political cover in the event that our QB situation goes t1ts up because he made Fitz an offer.... Well I think that is a little too clever by half.  If our QB situation goes south then there simply is no political cover.  None. This is especially true if Fitz lands elsewhere and he is effective.

If he lands elsewhere it is unlikely he will play.

11 hours ago, Bruce Harper said:

If he lands elsewhere it is unlikely he will play.

Could be but his game plan right now may rest on a starting QB somewhere going down and a potential contender turning to him as the next best option.  I don't have those numbers but anecdotally it does seem that almost every year a starter goes down somewhere around the NFL in preseason.

12 hours ago, Mike135 said:

Disagree about Geno's potential, but still like the opinion overall.  Any Geno outcome is better than any Fitz (over 5mil) outcome.  Even if it's going 3-13 and getting a top pick.

Much of that really depends on what the Jets do with the extra money saved by not landing Fitz.

18 hours ago, jetrider said:

Who decided or made any kind of decision? You should at least read more carefully before deciding that a decision was made.

There's a whole thread on Hackenberg looking unimpressive if you feel like lecturing ...

I'm not lecturing. I just think when anyone throws out "XXX 2.0" when comparing an NFL player to a rookie who hasn't gotten a chance to even play a single snap in an NFL game is silly. First off, b/c comparing one player to another without going into detail and just saying- oh this guy is like this this other guy (2.0) is almost always inaccurate and really has no explanation as to what the similarities/difference are. Were you just saying he will be a bust? Then just say he will be a bust.

But also, b/c Gabbert has been in the league for 4 years now and had multiple opportunities to start (not to mention he was the 10th overall pick in the 2011 draft).

I just think whenever someone says this player is this other player "2.0" there should be a legit explanation to follow. Otherwise its a pointless comment.

Cheers. I meant no offense.   

15 hours ago, Mike135 said:

So one QB is a dog who should be drummed out of town for going 10-6 and 'missing the playoffs'  (the fav subject of our QB challenged people on this site) and 3-13 and getting destroyed is good because we will get a high pick  (which we won'tuse on a Qb becasue we drafted Hackenburg in the 2nd round last year,.)  Makes sense.

18 hours ago, Mike135 said:

But can't be more than 27 great offers -- five teams already dumped him.

1 hour ago, PepPep said:

I'm not lecturing. I just think when anyone throws out "XXX 2.0" when comparing an NFL player to a rookie who hasn't gotten a chance to even play a single snap in an NFL game is silly. First off, b/c comparing one player to another without going into detail and just saying- oh this guy is like this this other guy (2.0) is almost always inaccurate and really has no explanation as to what the similarities/difference are. Were you just saying he will be a bust? Then just say he will be a bust.

But also, b/c Gabbert has been in the league for 4 years now and had multiple opportunities to start (not to mention he was the 10th overall pick in the 2011 draft).

I just think whenever someone says this player is this other player "2.0" there should be a legit explanation to follow. Otherwise its a pointless comment.

I said "sounds like" Gabbert because he's a classic example of a QB that makes an impressive throw that's followed by a jaw-dropping terrible throw that a grandmother can make. Suddenly his arm and head isn't connected to the same body, like it's a brain wiring issue.

I hope Hackenberg figures it out; we need him big time.

3 hours ago, PepPep said:

Sorry, I thought you were familiar with Gabbert's play and knew exactly what I was talking about.

1 hour ago, Colgateman said:

Charone Peake balled out during mini camp and OTAS according to Twitter, one guy said he could challenge for WR3 reps this year 

I have a feeling that Peake is goint to have a monster preseason. I remember the first OTA open to the public the media mentioned Peake playing with the 1's while the rest of the rookies, were on the far field with Hackenberg. 

This Maccagnan/Bowles duo is going to end up being the best move Woody Johnson ever paid someone to pull off for him lol. 

Archived