Jets Reportedly Show Interest in Supplemental Draft Prospect

JetNation

NY Jets Helmet

By Glenn Naughton

With the NFL’s supplemental draft set to take place on Thursday, CBS Sports is reporting that the Jets are among six teams who have taken the time to attend the pro day of Canadian wide receiver Rashaun Simonise, regarded as the best of the draft-eligible prospects.

Six teams attended Simonise’s pro day workout in Calgary on Monday. Those clubs,according to a report from the Canadian Press, included the Arizona Cardinals,Green Bay Packers, Indianapolis Colts, Los Angeles Rams, New York Jets andWashington Redskins.

The 6′ 5”, 200 lb Simonise caught 65 passes for 1,306 yards and 11 touchdowns last season at the University of Calgary.  Reports of the receivers 40 time have varied from 4.48 to 4.60, quite a wide spread.

Per league rules, if any team were to be awarded Simonise via the supplemental draft, they would lose their choice in the corresponding round in the 2017 draft.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
aVh--vUYWYI

Click here to read the full story...

Losing the following year's draft pick by taking a player in the supplemental draft is almost never worth it. But i Mac I trust. If he really thinks this kid is the real deal, why not? We could def. use more young, talented WRs. 

45 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Wouldn't that be nice.

All I think of with Rob Moore is Brett Favre-

Brett Favre was our number one overall prospect, but we traded away that pic in the supplemental draft for Rob Moore- one of the best Cardinals receivers of all time.

3 hours ago, David Harris said:

Brett Favre was our number one overall prospect, but we traded away that pic in the supplemental draft for Rob Moore- one of the best Cardinals receivers of all time.

Come one now.. at least we got Browning Nagle.

11 hours ago, David Harris said:

Perfect example of the ineptitude of this regime over the years. YOU NEED A QB! At least with Mac your seeing a concerted effort to find a freaking QB. Whether or not you like Hackenberg pick at least we're trying. I was listening to Sirius NFL radio & they were reviewing the 2012 draft. So they're going through the 1st round and they get to Quinton Coples, Bust. 2nd round they get to Stephen Hill, bust! My point is if you believe that there is a QB you want you take him when you can. When I read those stories about Bradway talking up Russell it pisses me off that a team who's been searching for a QB forever wouldn't make sure they get their guy. Even after we took Geno & Bridgewater was sitting there 2 years ago I was for taking him.

Maccs gonna find us a QB come hell or high water. He might not succeed but at least he's trying. Only the Jets take a guy who played 14 college games & starts him (Sanchez). Even when they take a QB they have no clue how to develop him. I'm hoping with Macc that has changed. Done right, with Brady aging, Rex in Buffalo, Tannenbaum in Miami, the Jets could be the next beast in the East. Fingers crossed.

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Perfect example of the ineptitude of this regime over the years. YOU NEED A QB! At least with Mac your seeing a concerted effort to find a freaking QB. Whether or not you like Hackenberg pick at least we're trying. I was listening to Sirius NFL radio & they were reviewing the 2012 draft. So they're going through the 1st round and they get to Quinton Coples, Bust. 2nd round they get to Stephen Hill, bust! My point is if you believe that there is a QB you want you take him when you can. When I read those stories about Bradway talking up Russell it pisses me off that a team who's been searching for a QB forever wouldn't make sure they get their guy. Even after we took Geno & Bridgewater was sitting there 2 years ago I was for taking him.

Maccs gonna find us a QB come hell or high water. He might not succeed but at least he's trying. Only the Jets take a guy who played 14 college games & starts him (Sanchez). Even when they take a QB they have no clue how to develop him. I'm hoping with Macc that has changed. Done right, with Brady aging, Rex in Buffalo, Tannenbaum in Miami, the Jets could be the next beast in the East. Fingers crossed.

I was hoping to have a nice day today....  you sir, have ruined it. :)

14 hours ago, David Harris said:

Eh, he won 1 Super Bowl with a team that was infinitely better than ours.

Would I have liked to have him, absoltely,but not sure he would have gotten us to the promised land.  

8 hours ago, Jetster said:

When I read those stories about Bradway talking up Russell it pisses me off that a team who's been searching for a QB forever wouldn't make sure they get their guy.

Sanchez was Tannenbaum's guy. The team had just extended him the prior month, and then like a week later they traded for Tim Tebow. 

The Jets wouldn't have touched Wilson even if he fell to our 3rd round pick. Tannenbaum simply wasn't going to take a QB until the late rounds (if even then). It's debatable he would have even taken Wilson in rounds 5 or 6.

On 7/13/2016 at 8:01 PM, David Harris said:

Moore had one excellent year with the Cards in 1997 but all time he's number 12 on Cards W/R list.. I agree I take Favre everyday and twice on Sunday..:)

http://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/arizona-cardinals/alltime-receiving

Archived