Fitzpatrick and Strength of Schedule

slats

36 minutes ago, ylekram said:

intelligent poster - "didn't the patriots have the same soft schedule as the jets last year"?

brand new moron -" how dare you compare Fitzpatrick to tom brady"

They did not have the same soft schedule. Among the biggest parts of the gushy softness of the Fitzpatrick games is that even purportedly more-difficult games like Washington, Indy, and the 2nd Pats game all came when the opposition had multiple, significant injuries. There were a good half dozen games where our opponents were noticeably easier for our respective QBs to get past with a W.

- When NE played Washington they weren't missing both of their top 2 receiving targets (Jackson and Reed), and DB starters Hall and Culliver (with another I think being a gametime decision to play after missing practice all week), and both their starting LT and starting C. All of them missed the Jets game. But it's like, the same and stuff because Redskins = Redskins. 

- When NE played us late in the season, we weren't missing 2 starting safeties, 2 starting WRs, half-starter/half-top depth LB, and lose their starting LT in the 1st Q to go along with the 3 rookies already on the OL? Such were the Pats injuries when we played them. Our inactives? Nobody.

- When NE played the Colts, how many starting CBs missed the majority or the entirety of the game (and how many fumbles did Frank Gore give away inside the opposition's 5 yard line despite nobody coming close to touching him)? I suppose Luck's 4 turnovers were also due to Fitzpatrick. 

- They played Houston with their starting QB. We played Houston with their street-FA 4th string QB. (And we still lost, thanks in no small part to another one of Fitz's multi-interception 4th quarter meltdown).

- AFC West: They played the SB champ Broncos. We played the Raiders, and Fitz promptly got knocked out of the game.

- AFC Central: They played the Steelers. We played the Browns.

Hey, screw the Cheaters and everything about them. But the idea that our respective 2015 opponents were about the same is ignorant to history.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

They did not have the same soft schedule. Among the biggest parts of the gushy softness of the Fitzpatrick games is that even purportedly more-difficult games like Washington, Indy, and the 2nd Pats game all came when the opposition had multiple, significant injuries. There were a good half dozen games where our opponents were noticeably easier for our respective QBs to get past with a W.

- When NE played Washington they weren't missing both of their top 2 receiving targets (Jackson and Reed), and DB starters Hall and Culliver (with another I think being a gametime decision to play after missing practice all week), and both their starting LT and starting C. All of them missed the Jets game. But it's like, the same and stuff because Redskins = Redskins. 

- When NE played us late in the season, we weren't missing 2 starting safeties, 2 starting WRs, half-starter/half-top depth LB, and lose their starting LT in the 1st Q to go along with the 3 rookies already on the OL? Such were the Pats injuries when we played them. Our inactives? Nobody.

- When NE played the Colts, how many starting CBs missed the majority or the entirety of the game (and how many fumbles did Frank Gore give away inside the opposition's 5 yard line despite nobody coming close to touching him)? I suppose Luck's 4 turnovers were also due to Fitzpatrick. 

- They played Houston with their starting QB. We played Houston with their street-FA 4th string QB. (And we still lost, thanks in no small part to another one of Fitz's multi-interception 4th quarter meltdown).

- AFC West: They played the SB champ Broncos. We played the Raiders, and Fitz promptly got knocked out of the game.

Hey, screw the Cheaters and everything about them. But the idea that our respective 2015 opponents were about the same is ignorant to history.

your right. the schedules are not even comparable. and fitz is just as good as brady. take that

15 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

He hasn't made the playoffs in his 11 year career , why do so many here feel he's the key to the Jets playoff chances.

Because he threw 30 TDs, has chemistry with the WRs and had some good moments...i didn't say he was a key, just that he was the best option of these ones available...but as i said, I hope Smith surprises

2 hours ago, dbatesman said:

Pretty much. Fitzpatrick is the best option for this team, but he's probably only good enough to get us to 8-8 against this schedule. Come 2017, it's just rinse-and-repeat Jets stuff: we hand the reins to Hackenberg, who's a world-historical disaster; all the receivers are old and hurt; we win 4 games; everyone gets fired; the next GM/coach combo inherits the same capped-out pile of crap Idzik did.

World-historical disaster? 

Lol

5 hours ago, slats said:

Decided to make this its own thread. I came up with these numbers very simply, giving Fitz won/loss credit for the games he appeared in with the Texans in 2014 vs. the ones he didn't. Feel free to parse it further. 

We've spoken a lot about the Jets easy schedule last year, and that's been countered with how well Fitzpatrick performed the year before with the Texans - when he faced an even easier schedule! He was 6-6 against a .437 winning percentage schedule. Teams he actually beat? A winning percentage of .240. Ironically, the only team he beat that year who had a winning record were the 9-7 Buffalo Bills.

The Texans overall were 9-7 that year, going 3-1 without Fitz in the lineup, beating the 10-5-1 Bengals, and the 10-6 Ravens along the way. 

This guy beats bottom feeders. It's what he does. He takes what he's given, and nothing more. I understand hating Geno, but the idea that Fitzpatrick is potentially a postseason/championship QB is ridiculous. 

Since you are talking about other teams in this Post ...you should rename the thread "The Jets and Strength of Schedule"

1 hour ago, Nostradamus said:

Because he threw 30 TDs, has chemistry with the WRs and had some good moments...i didn't say he was a key, just that he was the best option of these ones available...but as i said, I hope Smith surprises

In 2011 Mark Sanchez threw for 26 Td's and rushed for 6 , he had chemistry and some good moments. He was subsequentially run out of town like he had a combo of leprosry/HIV/Zika.

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Thanks you beat me to it.  They didn't play the same schedule as the Jets. 

1 hour ago, Nostradamus said:

Shouldnt Nostradamus know, not guess or hope?

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

So to get this right, if someone does an analysis of Fitzs numbers and you don't like them then it's a case of trying to discredit him.  But it's ok to just blurt out Geno sucks and will or can't ever get better.  

Guess you kind of had the point sail right over your head because find where I'm discrediting Fitz or making excuses for anyone.  

Statistics/advanced analytics/numbers can say whatever you want them to say.  You can cherry pick stats from where ever you like to make a QB look as good or bad as you want.  And when I say "you" I mean anyone that reads this, not speaking directly to you.  I have read just about everyone's point on this board lol and I see pros and cons to each side. I think there is a possibility that Geno improves.  I think that all Jets fans have at least a glimmer of hope that the year behind Fitz and learning the system can only help the kid.  If he starts I hope he lights it up and drops bombs all over our opposition.  Personally, I think we are in better hands this year with Fitz because all the things some people took for granted last year with Fitz will be put in a spotlight as Geno's short comings.  

Just my $0.02

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I think the Pats issues were under inflated.

2 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Just wondering since in your analysis there are so many assumptions. Did you go over the entire injury report of every game for each team. And for guys who suited up do you have their complete medicals. As I recall (and correct me if I'm wrong) Vontae Davis was injured during that Colts game. You're saying there were a number of Colts secondary injuries. Btw Decker was injured too in that game and had to leave  but you failed to mention that or any Jets injuries. And so what is your point. That we had a softer schedule than NEP even though we played the same teams. I mean maybe Tex was right and we played the entire NFLs JV teams. And our ten wins shouldn't count. I don't see one positive thing said about the 2015 Jets in this analysis. It's kind of like you're talking about the 4-12 Jets not the 10-6 Jets. I guess we need an asterisk since we didn't really win any games according to you. 

5 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Just wondering since in your analysis there are so many assumptions. Did you go over the entire injury report of every game for each team. And for guys who suited up do you their complete medicals. As I recall (and correct me if I'm wrong) Vontae Davis was injured during that Colts. You're saying there were a number of Colts secondary injuries. And so what is your point. That we had a softer schedule than NEP even though we played the same teams. I mean maybe Tex was right and we played the entire NFLs JV teams. And our ten wins shouldn't count. I don't see one positive thing said about the 2015 Jets in this analysis. It's kind of like you're talking about the 4-12 Jets not the 10-6 Jets. I guess we need an asterisk since we didn't really win any games according to you. 

Its called trying to make my point is way more important than rooting for my team

I wonder how many Fitz haters will actually be rooting for the guy when he signs

6 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Just wondering since in your analysis there are so many assumptions. Did you go over the entire injury report of every game for each team. And for guys who suited up do you their complete medicals. As I recall (and correct me if I'm wrong) Vontae Davis was injured during that Colts. You're saying there were a number of Colts secondary injuries. Btw Decker was injured too in that game but you failed to mention or any Jets injuries. And so what is your point. That we had a softer schedule than NEP even though we played the same teams. I mean maybe Tex was right and we played the entire NFLs JV teams. And our ten wins shouldn't count. I don't see one positive thing said about the 2015 Jets in this analysis. It's kind of like you're talking about the 4-12 Jets not the 10-6 Jets. I guess we need an asterisk since we didn't really win any games according to you. 

db428-hockey-puck-in-head.jpg

3 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Its called trying to make my point is way more important than rooting for my team

I wonder how many Fitz haters will actually be rooting for the guy when he signs

Yeah and it's also called fudging the facts and not telling the whole story. 

1 minute ago, Smashmouth said:

I've said a million times this off-season that I want Fitz back, but I hope, for the sake of the team, one of the kids outplays him and takes the job.  That would be a positive development for the franchise.

I said it again the other day, and somebody lol'd and said "how could you possibly say that after spending all off-season rooting for him to come back"? 

Was unable to comprehend the fact that I would gladly be dead wrong if it was good for the team. 

Clearly that's at least one poster who will be rooting against the Jets in 2016 if Fitz is under center.  To each his own, I suppose.

3 hours ago, ylekram said:

your right. the schedules are not even comparable. and fitz is just as good as brady. take that

Using your logic, where teams' backup players are equal to ear starters, then surely you believe the Jets are an equally formidable opponent starting either Fitz or Geno, right? Lol :)

43 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Just wondering since in your analysis there are so many assumptions. Did you go over the entire injury report of every game for each team. And for guys who suited up do you have their complete medicals. As I recall (and correct me if I'm wrong) Vontae Davis was injured during that Colts game. You're saying there were a number of Colts secondary injuries. Btw Decker was injured too in that game and had to leave  but you failed to mention that or any Jets injuries. And so what is your point. That we had a softer schedule than NEP even though we played the same teams. I mean maybe Tex was right and we played the entire NFLs JV teams. And our ten wins shouldn't count. I don't see one positive thing said about the 2015 Jets in this analysis. It's kind of like you're talking about the 4-12 Jets not the 10-6 Jets. I guess we need an asterisk since we didn't really win any games according to you. 

It's hard to understand you. Take Fitzpatrick's penis out of your mouth and then talk. At least try. 

6 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Using your logic, where teams' backup players are equal to ear starters, then surely you believe the Jets are an equally formidable opponent starting either Fitz or Geno, right? Lol :)

you completely missed the point of my original post, that's why I gave you such a dumb response. but its all good

10 minutes ago, ylekram said:

you completely missed the point of my original post, that's why I gave you such a dumb response. but its all good

No I think I got it. Something about those you agree with and those you don't, but in either case you're at a minimum sympathetic to the suggestion that the two teams' 2015 opponents were virtually identical. 

3 minutes ago, Larz said:

didn't the whole team play that schedule ?

Sure, but the Jets' record gets touted as the QB's record with regularity, so long as it seems to elevate the QB one wants to tout (whether the 8-8 record in 2013 or the 10-6 record in 2015, further reinvented as 10-5). 

Of course it's all BS in either case. But as I've posted before, I never hear this from the usual suspects when people post "Fitz won 10 games" or the like. 

We'll see what happens. I'll be shocked if he isn't the week 1 starter, and even more shocked if we make the playoffs even with so many other things this roster has going for it. 

12 minutes ago, Larz said:

didn't the whole team play that schedule ?

Another thing about injuries. Weren't our cornerbacks, both of them injured too. No mention of that at all. And Fitz had a broken left thumb. No mention of any Jets injuries just opponents. 

2 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Sure, but the Jets' record gets touted as the QB's record with regularity, so long as it seems to elevate the QB one wants to tout (whether the 8-8 record in 2013 or the 10-6 record in 2015, further reinvented as 10-5). 

Of course it's all BS in either case. But as I've posted before, I never hear this from the usual suspects when people post "Fitz won 10 games" or the like. 

We'll see what happens. I'll be shocked if he isn't the week 1 starter, and even more shocked if we make the playoffs even with so many other things this roster has going for it. 

agree with most of this, but I don't normally go in for schedule predicions this early.  some teams will have better years than expected, others worse.  This team doesn't normally let us off the hook early, this season ends dolphins, cheatahs, bills.  I have to think somehow, someway we get to the miami game with hope

9 hours ago, slats said:

Decided to make this its own thread. I came up with these numbers very simply, giving Fitz won/loss credit for the games he appeared in with the Texans in 2014 vs. the ones he didn't. Feel free to parse it further. 

We've spoken a lot about the Jets easy schedule last year, and that's been countered with how well Fitzpatrick performed the year before with the Texans - when he faced an even easier schedule! He was 6-6 against a .437 winning percentage schedule. Teams he actually beat? A winning percentage of .240. Ironically, the only team he beat that year who had a winning record were the 9-7 Buffalo Bills.

The Texans overall were 9-7 that year, going 3-1 without Fitz in the lineup, beating the 10-5-1 Bengals, and the 10-6 Ravens along the way. 

This guy beats bottom feeders. It's what he does. He takes what he's given, and nothing more. I understand hating Geno, but the idea that Fitzpatrick is potentially a postseason/championship QB is ridiculous. 

Geno SUCKS

19 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

No I think I got it. Something about those you agree with and those you don't, but in either case you're at a minimum sympathetic to the suggestion that the two teams' 2015 opponents were virtually identical. 

my quote had zero to do with schedules. the jets or the pats schedule. the poster claimed that he was tired of people comparing fitz to tom brady. the talk of schedules was just the avenue that brought this claim about. I thought it was funny because I have never heard anyone say that and decided to make fun. just so we are clear, one poster said that the jets and the pats had the same schedule. the 2nd poster comes in and said he tired of people comparing fitz to brady because of what poster 1 had said about the schedues. I think you are getting it now, but then again, you are pretty thick:D

43 minutes ago, ylekram said:

my quote had zero to do with schedules. the jets or the pats schedule. the poster claimed that he was tired of people comparing fitz to tom brady. the talk of schedules was just the avenue that brought this claim about. I thought it was funny because I have never heard anyone say that and decided to make fun. just so we are clear, one poster said that the jets and the pats had the same schedule. the 2nd poster comes in and said he tired of people comparing fitz to brady because of what poster 1 had said about the schedues. I think you are getting it now, but then again, you are pretty thick:D

Lol if you say so it must be true. :) 

Archived