Training camp thread 08/04/16

Maxman

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Smart phones, twitter, etc have given all fans the chance to really follow training camps. Imagine having this constant influx of information back in the day.

Following training camps makes us get to the know team even better and have some kind expectation about how players will be during the season, and makes us all feel closer to the team. Reading these are the best.

3 minutes ago, Better2bgreenthanblue said:

Maybe it's wishful thinking but as I read these camp threads I can't help but think our offense is pretty good.

I hope people realize Marshall & Decker aren't practicing, yet there's enough WR talent to continue to make plays

1 minute ago, Adoni Beast said:

Smart phones, twitter, etc have given all fans the chance to really follow training camps. Imagine having this constant influx of information back in the day.

Following training camps makes us get to the know team even better and have some kind expectation about how players will be during the season, and makes us all feel closer to the team. Reading these are the best.

I can tell you that it has come along way from when I would dial sports phone for updates I can tell you that!! :)

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

The fact that Geno is running when it opens up and has checked down a number of times in camp looks like progress mental progress.

It does.

I dont' know what to make of Petty... it's either incomplete or a TD bomb. 

Favre?

17 minutes ago, GoingToMyGraveGreen said:

Then it is a good news (Clady is Pro Bowl again) vs. bad news....Mauldin isn't what we were hoping for....???

Mauldin's a below-average athlete who racked up a whopping 4 sacks as a DPR. He certainly looks like he'll be a useful player, but anyone expecting him to turn into Justin Houston just because he's playing double the snaps this year is probably going to be disappointed.

22 minutes ago, GoingToMyGraveGreen said:

Then it is a good news (Clady is Pro Bowl again) vs. bad news....Mauldin isn't what we were hoping for....???

That's the beauty of these TC reports. For every big catch by a WR, there is a DB that got beat. For every sack, there is an OL that got beat.  

7 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Mauldin's a below-average athlete who racked up a whopping 4 sacks as a DPR. He certainly looks like he'll be a useful player, but anyone expecting him to turn into Justin Houston just because he's playing double the snaps this year is probably going to be disappointed.

His sacks per # of defensive snaps was very very good.  He had way fewer snaps that other hot shot rookies and a lot of vet pass rushers.

Just now, Jetlife33 said:

Sounds like Petty had his best day of camp today, nice to see some improvement. I'm still high on the kid so I'm hoping they don't cut him, but it'll be tough carrying 4 QB's 

I think he might end up on IR with a toe sprain that not one noticed.

19 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

His sacks per # of defensive snaps was very very good.  He had way fewer snaps that other hot shot rookies and a lot of vet pass rushers.

I get that, and I'm not trying to run him down. I'm just saying you can't divide sacks/snap and assume that number will extrapolate out when the denominator doubles.

31 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

100%

Good reason he went in the third round. I'd be shocked if he can actually succeed in coverage. He's fast and awkward to block, which is pretty much a great compliment to our DL's pass rush.

Archived