NYJ Final Cuts Thread

Integrity28

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, JETSfaninNE said:

You got a source for that?  I don't recall that happening since Jenkins literally started every rep with the 1s in TC and in preseason games.

Yes...a very good inside source...Catapano is the starting outside backer in 4-3 fronts 100%....and he was also named starter for week 3 in 3-4 in practice the day before Jenkins went down.  But I'm sure they will both see playing time.   Catapano will surprise.  The staff is very high on him.  

Just now, Nostradamus said:

Yes...a very good inside source...Catapano is the starting outside backer in 4-3 fronts 100%....and he was also named starter for week 3 in 3-4 in practice the day before Jenkins went down.  But I'm sure they will both see playing time.   Catapano will surprise.  The staff is very high on him.  

Oh I like Catapano, I just can't recall Catapano ever being named a starter by Bowles or official Jets PR.  Thats why I was looking for a source

1 minute ago, JETSfaninNE said:

I know it doesn't mean everything but the official jets depth chart lists Jenkins first, Catapano second.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/team/depth-chart.html

ya...like you said that doesn't mean anything.  You will see come Sunday.  But they are high on Jenkins as well.  From what I hear they will both see playing time. Competing for starting 3-4 job but 4-3 fronts its Catapano 100%.   Jenkins is a rookie...takes time.....but staff likes both guys.  

Just now, JETSfaninNE said:

How is Geno Smith not on this list?  Has he not started 30 games?  If he did and not on this list how the hell have we not been able to trade him for a bag of pretzels meanwhile Badford gets wheeled around the league for bonkers picks

Remember he had a couple of very good games

He can be productive if he can stay healthy...but that seems like a stretch.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Catapano came from nowhere last season played sparingly got hurt never to be heard from again barely seen him in preseason and today he's the starting OLB WOW!!!!!

Catapano was cut from Kansas City where they tried to make him an interior lineman and he was ranked the 5th best DE in NFL by pro football focus last pre season....his cut was a shock because they were talking him up like crazy on their website and he had a great preseason.  Andy Reid praised him and said he is a great player but wasn't a good fit for what they needed.  GM of KC later said it was because they had Tamba Hali, Justin Houston and 1st rd pick Dee Ford at OLB and he wasn't quite the fit they wanted for an interior down lineman.  Jets signed him on practice squad where he worked his way up and started his first game up played 2 games and did great and 1 play after sacking Eli Manning his got the lisfranc injury.   Not all good players are drafted high or have easy path to success.  I think he will be good for us.  Def gives us another good option along with Mauldin and Jenkins.  Coaches like him obviously so give the guy a chance.

Just now, Nostradamus said:

Catapano was cut from Kansas City where they tried to make him an interior lineman and he was ranked the 5th best DE by pro football focus....his cut was a shock because they were talking him up like crazy on their website and he had a great preseason.  Andy Reid praised him and said he is a great player but wasn't a good fit for what they needed.  GM of KC later said it was because they had Tamba Hali, Justin Houston and 1st rd pick Dee Ford at OLB and he wasn't quite the fit they wanted for an interior down lineman.  Jets signed him on practice squad where we worked his way up and started his first game up played 2 games and did great and 1 play after sacking Eli Manning his got the lisfranc injury.   Not all good players are drafted high or have easy path to success.  I think he will be good for us.  Def gives us another good option along with Mauldin and Jenkins.  Coaches like him obviously so give the guy a chance.

Ok great hope you are right and he turns out to be a beast for us.

Just now, SickJetFan said:

I have a life cheesecake 

why hey don't you get back to your nail salon and leave the football to the guys

what are you doing here anyway? There are dating sites for people like you no?

Says a he/she with 242 posts go away schoo go clean your parents basement and take out the trash. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Ok great hope you are right and he turns out to be a beast for us.

I watched him play in college.  I had a friend on Brown University and saw him and his then teammate (now Detriot Lions DT) Caruan Reid beat the hell out of Brown.  Shut them out and Catapano and Reid were men amongst boys...my friends team couldn't do a damn thing on offense because of those guys. Yes it was Ivy League but those 2 looked crazy.  You see more Ivy guys in NFL lately.  Hell we have 3 on our own team if Josh Martin makes it.   I think Catapano averaged 1.5 sacks a game or something crazy his senior year.  He def has talent.  We will see.  Jenkins is gonna be good as well.  I watched him at Georgia and he was very impressive.  Hopefully Mauldin has a breakout year.  This is def our no name positional group....will be interesting to se what they do.

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

Possibly.  But the same argument was made for a long list of Jets has-beens and never-were's - Vlad Ducasse, Kellen Clemens, David Clowney, etc.

Just.....give....him......one.....more.....year......to develop!

No developing necessary , Amaro is a bonafide route runner that creates mismatches at TE. His issue is dropsies and blocking both of which can be improved. 

Archived