NYJ Final Cuts Thread

Integrity28

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Nostradamus said:

BIGGEST SHOCK YET.....they must have a lot of faith in Jalin Marshall as a returner....that means Marshall makes team for all you people thinking Marshall would get cut.....you were wrong!!   

The have released WR/KR Jeremy Ross, per source. first reported.

Wow!  Not sure I like this but I understand it.  The Jets think they have a better chance of sliding Ross onto the PS than Jalin Marshall.  Sounds like Marshall, Peake and Anderson ALL make the 53?

9 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Ross cut

Ross the latest to get cut. Here are all the waived/released thus far

I understand we have a glut of young talent at WR and all of them have more upside that Ross. it just feels wrong to cut our only guy on special teams that can secure the ball on a regular basis.  I hope this ends up being the right move but to me this is a shock.  I thought Ross made the team for sure.

3 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

The have released WR Kenbrell Thompkins, per source

Thank goodness!  I love this youth movement at WR.  Not sure what the future holds but we've got two talented leaders in B. Marshall and E. Decker for at least another year or two, followed by a decent crop of Anderson, Peake, J. Marshall and a crapshoot in Devin Smith.  Gotta think at least 2 of those guys grow into starters by 2018.  At least that's my hope!

Just now, Persiussa said:

I understand we have a glut of young talent at WR and all of them have more upside that Ross. it just feels wrong to cut our only guy on special teams that can secure the ball on a regular basis.  I hope this ends up being the right move but to me this is a shock.  I thought Ross made the team for sure.

You do know Ross has the notorious rep of fumbling in the biggest moments? 

https://www.google.com/?ion=1&espv=2#q=jeremy ross fumble 

Just look at all the stories lol

I think a key question is what they will do with the tight end position. Will it be minimized like last season even if they do bring in a new guy from another team. Will they emphasize Q on offense which I think they will do. So far Amaro is still here but that could change soon. 

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

Thank goodness!  I love this youth movement at WR.  Not sure what the future holds but we've got two talented leaders in B. Marshall and E. Decker for at least another year or two, followed by a decent crop of Anderson, Peake, J. Marshall and a crapshoot in Devin Smith.  Gotta think at least 2 of those guys grow into starters by 2018.  At least that's my hope!

Anderson will be involved in 3 WR sets with Enunwa at H-back this season imo

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

I think a key question is what they will do with the tight end position. Will it be minimized like last season even if they do bring in a new guy from another team. Will they emphasize Q on offense which I think they will do. So far Amaro is still here but that could change soon. 

Maybe they feel Amaro isn't a lost cause yet and dont want to give up hope 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Maybe they feel Amaro isn't a lost cause yet and dont want to give up hope 

Possibly.  But the same argument was made for a long list of Jets has-beens and never-were's - Vlad Ducasse, Kellen Clemens, David Clowney, etc.

Just.....give....him......one.....more.....year......to develop!

Archived