NYJ Final Cuts Thread

Integrity28

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well after seeing what we've seen today nothing would shock me including cutting Geno. Mac has not been able to successfully make trades for guys he wants to get rid of. Plus he's trying to obtain more cap space. Getting rid of the Idzik picks plus other non Mac selections seems to be a part of the thinking here. Other teams are not taking the bait. I would have kept Milliner since they have to pay him anyways. 

2 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

By this time next year the only Non-Macagnan pick-ups (draft and FA) on the team might be Pryor, Wilkerson, Richardson, Enunwa, Mangold, Harris, Dozier, Powell, Purdem.

Harris, Dozier, and Purdem could easily be gone next year. 

I still don't expect Dozier to make game day.

3 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

That 2017 4th we trade away to pick Shell would come in handy right about now!:soapbox:

Learning LT in the NFL is not an easy thing to do. RT may be the place for him, and it's just technique he needs to work on.He may or may not work out but he has shown some good things despite that flat footed performance on Thursday. Things kind of snowballed on him. 

On September 2, 2016 at 2:18 PM, Nostradamus said:

22 are going so bound to be some surprises....any teams that happen to be deep at TE that anybody knows of?   We REALLY could use a good TE. 

Im quoting myself and echoing my own statements.   What TE do we have left?   I hated Amaro though so I'm glad they cut his ass....too cocky with no reason to be.  

6 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Mac never ceases to impress me. He's absolutely crushing it so far during his reign as Jets GM.

Mostly agree.  Would have liked to see Middleton, Bishop and Taiwan Jones stick.  If Big Macc successfully gets those guys to the PS then I'll be okay with it, but IMO he has to retain them.

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Milliner, Bohannon... Just wow. Same Old Jets didn't have balls to make cuts like these.

Our GM has balls like coconuts. I'm impressed with this cold blooded purging of mediocrity. 

These are the moves ESPN creams itself for when Belicheck makes them.

Packers released LG Josh Sitton.

This one is a head-scratcher. Although he's now on the wrong side of 30, Sitton has been a second-team All Pro each of the past three seasons, and hasn't missed a game since 2011. He was Pro Football Focus' No. 5 overall guard last year. The move saves $6.85 million, but if the Pack were interested in saving cash, it's unclear why the move wasn't made in the spring. Sitton won't take long to find a new home.

Sep 3 - 2:35 PM

13 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Well after seeing what we've seen today nothing would shock me including cutting Geno. Mac has not been able to successfully make trades for guys he wants to get rid of. Plus he's trying to obtain more cap space. Getting rid of the Idzik picks plus other non Mac selections seems to be a part of the thinking here. Other teams are not taking the bait. I would have kept Milliner since they have to pay him anyways. 

Really, why not put him on IR and let insurance pay him? He's hurt...He's always hurt. 

Edit: MAybe the insurance company wouldn't cover him. 

Archived