Panthers vs Broncos FOOTBALL is back Game Thread

joewilly12

31 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Would have been a cheapie win for Carolina had Gano made it. Rules are rules, but that half-second hands to the face as the play started wasn't worth a free 1st down on 4th & 21.

But the entire drive on penalties that lead to a Denver TD was cool and not "cheapie"? 

85 to 22 on penalty yards, but Carolina got help from the refs? 

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Cam's new dance blows balls. Carolina deserved to lose solely for him bringing that weak ass sh*t.

Ha, any grown man's dance blows balls.

(Except this one.   This one shows some sort of martial art skill.)

DwXXBLh.gif

Grown men shouldn't dance in tights.  Act like you've been there before and hand the ball to the ref.  Maybe some high-fives, fist-bumps and cheerleader ass grabs...  but that's it.

28 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

DwXXBLh.gif

Grown men shouldn't dance in tights.  Act like you've been there before and hand the ball to the ref.  Maybe some high-fives, fist-bumps and cheerleader ass grabs...  but that's it.

Reminds me of chandler jones

chandler-jones-sack-dance.gif?fit=1000,1

This was a prime example of a league and an officiating crew that while they did not directly fix the outcome of the game, from the start of the second half, they did everything they could to "make" it a game.  No flags on at least 3 helmet to helmet hits on Cam. The one time they did throw it, they knew they had offsetting penalties.  

No one play more obvious than the line judge moving the ball up a yard on third down.  It forced Car to call call a time out and challenge.

And BTW, I can't believe all the shows were showering Siemiens with praise this morning.  Two interceptions and at least 3 other balls that could have/should have been intercepted.  Lynch will be starting before Halloween.

16 minutes ago, Pcola said:

This was a prime example of a league and an officiating crew that while they did not directly fix the outcome of the game, from the start of the second half, they did everything they could to "make" it a game.  No flags on at least 3 helmet to helmet hits on Cam. The one time they did throw it, they knew they had offsetting penalties.  

No one play more obvious than the line judge moving the ball up a yard on third down.  It forced Car to call call a time out and challenge.

And BTW, I can't believe all the shows were showering Siemiens with praise this morning.  Two interceptions and at least 3 other balls that could have/should have been intercepted.  Lynch will be starting before Halloween.

I was impressed the kid did not implode on national tv. We really do not know how good Car defense is without quality corners ( missing Norman are they?) but Siemiens did a decent job being a "game manager". 

Overall I think Den is being stupid by wasting this season with no quality starting qb on the team. They easily have the best defense in the nfl and could easily repeat SB's if they had a mediocre qb. Time will tell.

What really stood out to me was Sanchez couldn't beat out Siemian???  How far has he fallen???  Because

Siemian was awful and DEN was petrified of him throwing anything over the middle of the field

8 hours ago, CaliforniaJet said:

But the entire drive on penalties that lead to a Denver TD was cool and not "cheapie"? 

85 to 22 on penalty yards, but Carolina got help from the refs? 

Admittedly I wasn't glued to the entire game, but what entire TD drive of penalties?

I'm just particularly unsympathetic to a penalty away from the football on 4th & 21 on the final, deciding, do-or-die drive of the game. A penalty for 5 yards + an automatic 1st down is just different outcome-wise and context-wise on (for example) a 2nd & 3 in the first half vs a 4th & 21 in the last 2 minutes of a 1-point game.

I have no love for Denver nor a particular dislike for Carolina more than other teams, but total penalty yards is meh without context. The offsetting one with helmet to helmet may not be easy on the eyes but he did intentionally ground under the rules, so absent the h-2-h penalty to offset it would have been 10 yards and a loss of down anyway. 

11 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

A penalty for 5 yards + an automatic 1st down is just different outcome-wise and context-wise on (for example) a 2nd & 3 in the first half vs a 4th & 21 in the last 2 minutes of a 1-point game.

Off topic, but how about when its on 3rd and 7 on the opening drive of a conference championship game on a ticky tack call on Cromartie.  Instead of a 3 and out, Pitt goes on a 15+ play scoring drive and our defense is gassed and run over the entire first half as we fall behind 24-3.  That call has always stuck in my mind as one of those hidden turning points in a game.  Not saying we would have won, but that I would have loved to see how that game plays out if we get that 3 and out on the opening drive.  Still pisses me off to this day.

2 hours ago, Pcola said:

7th round draft pick never thrown a pass in the NFL in a huge game - it's all a matter of perspective...

9 hours ago, NYs Stepchild said:

I always thought a 15 yard personal foul trumped any others. 

This is what I thought as well!!!  

I mean then if a QB makes an intentional grounding play that can result in a free hit to the head by the defensive player?

You get to knock Rogers or Brady out like that?  Most teams would take that trade off everyday. 

I just didn't know that rule despite watching all these dag on games.  

1 hour ago, KRL said:

What really stood out to me was Sanchez couldn't beat out Siemian???  How far has he fallen???  Because

Siemian was awful and DEN was petrified of him throwing anything over the middle of the field

A QB starting his first game ever never attempting a single pass in the NFL vs. the odds on favorite to win the Super Bowl...on the opening game of the season...a repeat of the last years Super Bowl with the entire world watching and he proceeds to lead 2 4th quarter TD's on the way to a comeback victory and you think he was "awful".

That's pretty harsh. 

The kid looked calm like a bomb out there.

9 hours ago, LockeJET said:

Edge rushing keeps Denver a top team. We really lack this and outside of the QB, it's the 2nd most important thing in the NFL. 

Say what you will about Wade Phillips, but I've said for years he's the best 3-4 DC in football. I hope we can be on this level this year.

1 hour ago, KRL said:

I dunno. It made sense to me that he was throwing outside against the rookie corner, rather than at Thomas Davis and Keuchly.

35 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

7th round draft pick never thrown a pass in the NFL in a huge game - it's all a matter of perspective...

It is, but Denver had a choice of resigning a guy they drafted, a battle tested veteran who has won road playoff games on the road, a very athletic, tall, strong armed 1st round pick, or a 7th round draft pick with no experience.

yes he made a few good throws.  But they claim to want limited mistakes and no turnovers from their QB.  They didn't get that last night.  He looked like a deer in the headlights for most of that game.  

What happens when the league gets film on him?  Or when he actually gets pressure on every down?

10 hours ago, LockeJET said:

Edge rushing keeps Denver a top team. We really lack this and outside of the QB, it's the 2nd most important thing in the NFL. 

Been saying this literally for years and we never friggin address it, never.  Hey I like Mauldin and Jenkins but we having an outside rusher that other teams have to actually really worry about opens up so much else.

7 minutes ago, Pcola said:

It is, but Denver had a choice of resigning a guy they drafted, a battle tested veteran who has won road playoff games on the road, a very athletic, tall, strong armed 1st round pick, or a 7th round draft pick with no experience.

yes he made a few good throws.  But they claim to want limited mistakes and no turnovers from their QB.  They didn't get that last night.  He looked like a deer in the headlights for most of that game.  

What happens when the league gets film on him?  Or when he actually gets pressure on every down?

Osweiler stinks (we'll see this  sooner or later in houston) and they were smart enough not to cave in, that is the Sanchez argument, hey he had his ass carried to some success so sign him to a huge long term deal.  Lynch will be Osweiler version 2 later this year and probably better going forward,  (IMO of course)

37 minutes ago, Pcola said:

A deer in head lights who led 2 4th quarter TD's drives in route to a comeback victory?

Is that even possible?  

Kid was cool as a cucumber out there. 

32 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Been saying this literally for years and we never friggin address it, never.  Hey I like Mauldin and Jenkins but we having an outside rusher that other teams have to actually really worry about opens up so much else.

It's by far, bar none, the hardest position to find in the NFL.  Harder than a QB, IMO.

Von Miller, Khalil Mack, Justin Houston...Chandler Jones maybe.

Are there any other good ones? 

6 minutes ago, JiF said:

It's by far, bar none, the hardest position to find in the NFL.  Harder than a QB, IMO.

Von Miller, Khalil Mack, Justin Houston...Chandler Jones maybe.

Are there any other good ones? 

You have to draft them to 'find' them.

Mack, Ansah, Jones, Mercilus, Miller, Wake, Dumervill, Houston, Ware (Not all in their prime or uninjured)

The reason that many of us have such a hate on for Gholston is that he was what we needed.  Since the Jets got burned by his pick we don;t even seem to try to get outside pass rushers.

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

You have to draft them to 'find' them.

Mack, Ansah, Jones, Mercilus, Miller, Wake, Dumervill, Houston, Ware (Not all in their prime or uninjured)

The reason that many of us have such a hate on for Gholston is that he was what we needed.  Since the Jets got burned by his pick we don;t even seem to try to get outside pass rushers.

Is Ansah an "edge rusher" or just a DE?  No different than Wilk or Richardson.  Either way, in recent years the Jets didnt have a shot at Miller, Ansah, Mack, Clowney, etc.  Hell, they didnt even have a shot at Fowler last year.  They could have reached for Beasly but that would have been a mistake because he's not very good and Leo is awesome.

The big swing and miss was Coples.  He was my guy, I wont lie.  I wanted him or Mercilus over Jones.  Gholston hurt but that draft sucked donkey dick.

But in general, I think there are more swing and misses on true "edge rushers" more than any other position in the league. 

1 hour ago, JiF said:

A deer in head lights who led 2 4th quarter TD's drives in route to a comeback victory?

Is that even possible?  

I guess we may have watched a different game last night.  I saw a great defense that had a green light to do anything they wanted without any flag, two veteran star WRs, and an effective running game hide a tiny, scared QB that should have had 4 red zone turnovers.  

2 hours ago, JiF said:

Is that even possible?  

Agreed. 

He looked pretty comfy considering it was his first start, for the defending SB champs, after he won a contested QB competition, taking over for Petyon the GOAT, and it was a nationally televised game. 

Yea, he should be proud of himself. Broncos made the right decision. Not sure Sanchez ever had that kind of composure.

5 hours ago, JiF said:

Is that even possible?  

Are you kidding? The guy threw at least 3 balls right into the defenses hands that were dropped. Should have been 5 picks to one TD. The running game was great, as was the protection.

I give him credit for not letting the pressure get to him and letting it snowball like our last 2 franchise QBs but it was hardly a good performance. 

16 hours ago, cant wait said:

Reminds me of chandler jones

chandler-jones-sack-dance.gif?fit=1000,1

16 hours ago, Mike135 said:

DwXXBLh.gif

Ironical thing is Gastineau's sack spaz out used to draw the ire of commentators all the time. Now the talking suits can't get enough of this sh*t.

8 hours ago, Pcola said:

I guess we may have watched a different game last night.  I saw a great defense that had a green light to do anything they wanted without any flag, two veteran star WRs, and an effective running game hide a tiny, scared QB that should have had 4 red zone turnovers.  

No.  It was the same game.  I saw all of that.  I saw the missed FG too.  

But I also saw a very collected QB who led a comeback victory with 2 4th quarter TDs and it happened to be his first ever live action vs the Super Bowl favorites reigning NFC champs and MVP. 

4 hours ago, NYs Stepchild said:

Are you kidding? The guy threw at least 3 balls right into the defenses hands that were dropped. Should have been 5 picks to one TD. The running game was great, as was the protection.

I give him credit for not letting the pressure get to him and letting it snowball like our last 2 franchise QBs but it was hardly a good performance. 

No.  Im not kidding.  It was his first NFL action and I thought he looked very poised.  

Sure. He had turnovers and had some bad reads, so did the reigning MVP.  He just happened to also lead a 4th quarter comeback.

I'm not saying he played great.  I'm saying he certainly didn't seem to be rattled or a deer in head lights or anything like that.  

Archived