Something to chew on...

Be_a_Jet

Could be 2016  version of Texans or Raiders game we end up regretting by seasons end. More important than the Cardinals/Seattle game we have coming up. Just something I came across via espn.

nyj.png&w=110&h=110kc.png&w=110&h=110

6. Jets at Chiefs

Sunday (4:25 p.m. ET, CBS)

Matchup quality: 58 out of 100

FPI win projection: Chiefs, 61 percent

This game is expected to have the biggest playoff impact of any game in Week 3. The winner of this game will see its playoff chances rise to about 45 percent, while the loser’s chances of making the playoffs will fall to about 23 percent.

42 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We already dropped a huge game to the bungles.  We lose this and we are on the outside looking in for that wildcard spot.  Same as last year.

As if there were ANY OTHER PATH to the PLAYOFFS with this team? Except for 1998, 1st round bye and Home Field, the Jets have ALWAYS been a Wild-Card and usually get in the Playoffs some WEIRD backpedaling way like in 2002, 2004, and 2009.

During my lifetime, sans 1998, the Jets have always qualified for the post season at the 17th week deadline coupled with the occasional Upset Assist from another AFC game affecting our fate. 

This isn't a nail in the coffin or a stairway to heaven game, but this is very important. The Seahawks and Cardinals games are important psychologically either giving this team confidence or cementing us as mid tier, deoending on how those games go.

But this next one is huge. If 15/87 weren't limited in practice and questionable game-time decisions I'd say the vegas line would be -1.5 KC. This game could go either way. 

10 hours ago, Be_a_Jet said:

Could be 2016  version of Texans or Raiders game we end up regretting by seasons end. More important than the Cardinals/Seattle game we have coming up. Just something I came across via espn.

nyj.png&w=110&h=110kc.png&w=110&h=110

6. Jets at Chiefs

Sunday (4:25 p.m. ET, CBS)

Matchup quality: 58 out of 100

FPI win projection: Chiefs, 61 percent

This game is expected to have the biggest playoff impact of any game in Week 3. The winner of this game will see its playoff chances rise to about 45 percent, while the loser’s chances of making the playoffs will fall to about 23 percent.

Again, all the Jets have proven under Bowles is that they can beat non-playoff teams. This game is huge on many fronts. Can Fitz show that he is big time by leading a winning drive late in the 4q? Can the Jets get to the next level by decisively beating a playoff caliber team in a game with clear playoff implications? They had a chance to do so in week one and let a winnable game slip through their fingers. Can they overcome themselves and win what will undoubtedly be a close game?

is Revis washed up or can he still handle a Receiver like Maclin (if he can't then we've got some major adjustments to make defensively).

23 minutes ago, Freemanm said:

Again, all the Jets have proven under Bowles is that they can beat non-playoff teams. This game is huge on many fronts. Can Fitz show that he is big time by leading a winning drive late in the 4q? Can the Jets get to the next level by decisively beating a playoff caliber team in a game with clear playoff implications? They had a chance to do so in week one and let a winnable game slip through their fingers. Can they overcome themselves and win what will undoubtedly be a close game?

is Revis washed up or can he still handle a Receiver like Maclin (if he can't then we've got some major adjustments to make defensively).

Absolute nonsense!  Didn't we win the Snoopy Bowl last year?

12 minutes ago, Freemanm said:

Really? I thought we beat the Pats last year. Rumor has it, they went to the AFC Championship last year.

10 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

As if there were ANY OTHER PATH to the PLAYOFFS with this team? Except for 1998, 1st round bye and Home Field, the Jets have ALWAYS been a Wild-Card and usually get in the Playoffs some WEIRD backpedaling way like in 2002, 2004, and 2009.

During my lifetime, sans 1998, the Jets have always qualified for the post season at the 17th week deadline coupled with the occasional Upset Assist from another AFC game affecting our fate. 

Didn't the Jets win the division one year under Herm?

per Cimini today, the following injuries leading into the Chiefs game are definitely disturbing.  Why so many, so early in the season?  If Fitzie pulls this off, with his go to WRs and RB out or diminished, I would say player of the week again. 

Official Jets injury report: WR Brandon Marshall (knee/foot), WR Eric Decker (shoulder), LB Erin Henderson (foot), James Carpenter (calf) and QB Bryce Petty (shoulder) didn't practice. Todd Bowles said Marshall and Decker could be game-time decisions. RB Matt Forte showed up on the injury report with a knee; he was limited. So was LB David Harris (shoulder).

icon-espn-e-@2x.png
11h

28 minutes ago, FlaJetsFan said:

per Cimini today, the following injuries leading into the Chiefs game are definitely disturbing.  Why so many, so early in the season?  If Fitzie pulls this off, with his go to WRs and RB out or diminished, I would say player of the week again. 

Official Jets injury report: WR Brandon Marshall (knee/foot), WR Eric Decker (shoulder), LB Erin Henderson (foot), James Carpenter (calf) and QB Bryce Petty (shoulder) didn't practice. Todd Bowles said Marshall and Decker could be game-time decisions. RB Matt Forte showed up on the injury report with a knee; he was limited. So was LB David Harris (shoulder).

icon-espn-e-@2x.png
11h

The sky is falling !

54 minutes ago, Ken Shroy said:

Really? I thought we beat the Pats last year. Rumor has it, they went to the AFC Championship last year.

We beat the Pats once a year. Besides them, who else have we beaten? The Bills will be lucky to finish 6-10 this year, which isn't surprising given who their coach is.

57 minutes ago, Ken Shroy said:

Broken clock's my friend. Beating 1 team out of 2 meetings doesn't change the overall of his post, especially when we got swept to end our season. 

It's a legit point that doesn't need damage control. The jets need to win these games so beating the patriots won't be the highlight of the season. 

13 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

so true, still has not been a playoff game played at Met Life (not counting the SB)

The Raider game didn't kill us, we had a chance to beat a mediocre Bills team in week 17 and failed.  that killed us.  even if we lose there is so much of the season left to be played.  The last time we beat KC in KC was 1998, I remember the talk was how good KC was and what a big win it would be if the Jets could win it.  we did find a way to win but KC became a 7-9 team and we look back on it as a game we should have won but that wasn't how it was talked about going in.,  we finished 12-4 which no one thought we'd do.  it's so early in the season, we have no idea how it will play out.

28 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

The Raider game didn't kill us, we had a chance to beat a mediocre Bills team in week 17 and failed.  that killed us.  even if we lose there is so much of the season left to be played.  The last time we beat KC in KC was 1998, I remember the talk was how good KC was and what a big win it would be if the Jets could win it.  we did find a way to win but KC became a 7-9 team and we look back on it as a game we should have won but that wasn't how it was talked about going in.,  we finished 12-4 which no one thought we'd do.  it's so early in the season, we have no idea how it will play out.

Since then we've only played @ KC twice - 2005 and 2014. Overall we're 7-10 at Arrowhead.

7 minutes ago, jamesr said:

Since then we've only played @ KC twice - 2005 and 2014. Overall we're 7-10 at Arrowhead.

the last 2 trips have been rough ones.

actually I think we are 4-5 at Arrowhead. we lost a few at their old stadium before that.

15 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

4 hours ago, billo83 said:

Didn't the Jets win the division one year under Herm?

Learn your Jets history.

That was 2002 and we FLUKED into the Division Crown and playoffs b/c NewEngland LITERALLY disqualified themselves and Miami by BEATING the Dolfags and GIFTING us the 2002 Division Championship as long as we beat Green Bay in week 17. 

"In 2002, the Raiders played the Jets in primetime again. The Silver and Black prevailed in a hotly contested Monday Night game 26-20. Oakland captured their third straight AFC Western Division title, a first round bye and earned home field advantage throughout the playoffs. The Jets needed to defeat Green Bay, and a New England victory over the Miami Dolphins just to make the playoffs. A win over the Packers, and a comeback win by the Patriots gave the Jets the AFC East title and a first round match up with the Colts. After blowing out Indianapolis, the Jets headed west once again to face the Raiders. New York left Oakland empty-handed once again as the Raiders won convincingly 30-10 and advanced to the AFC Championship."

5 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

Learn your Jets history.

That was 2002 and we FLUKED into the Division Crown and playoffs b/c NewEngland LITERALLY disqualified themselves and Miami by BEATING the Dolfags and GIFTING us the 2002 Division Championship as long as we beat Green Bay in week 17. 

"In 2002, the Raiders played the Jets in primetime again. The Silver and Black prevailed in a hotly contested Monday Night game 26-20. Oakland captured their third straight AFC Western Division title, a first round bye and earned home field advantage throughout the playoffs. The Jets needed to defeat Green Bay, and a New England victory over the Miami Dolphins just to make the playoffs. A win over the Packers, and a comeback win by the Patriots gave the Jets the AFC East title and a first round match up with the Colts. After blowing out Indianapolis, the Jets headed west once again to face the Raiders. New York left Oakland empty-handed once again as the Raiders won convincingly 30-10 and advanced to the AFC Championship."

fluked?  after a ton of injuries early where we started 1-4/2-5 we won 8 of our last 11 games including thrashing NE and GB the final 2 weeks.  we whipped NE at NE which is why NE didn't win the division, the Pats wouldn't lose a another home game until 3 years later.  to say we fluked into is is asinine.  we beat NE 30-17 then GB 42-17, GB was 11-3 and a win would have given them homefield throughout the NFC playoffs.

YOU should learn your history.

4 hours ago, Freemanm said:

We beat the Pats once a year. Besides them, who else have we beaten? The Bills will be lucky to finish 6-10 this year, which isn't surprising given who their coach is.

Well you posted Bowles hasn't beaten any playoff teams. So now it's no one except the Pats?

58 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

the last 2 trips have been rough ones.

actually I think we are 4-5 at Arrowhead. we lost a few at their old stadium before that.

Yes, you're right.

So time to even that up and make it 5-5 this week. :-) 

25 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

fluked?  after a ton of injuries early where we started 1-4/2-5 we won 8 of our last 11 games including thrashing NE and GB the final 2 weeks.  we whipped NE at NE which is why NE didn't win the division, the Pats wouldn't lose a another home game until 3 years later.  to say we fluked into is is asinine.  we beat NE 30-17 then GB 42-17, GB was 11-3 and a win would have given them homefield throughout the NFC playoffs.

YOU should learn your history.

I KNOW my history, and YES it was a FLUKE. The Pats, Jets, AND Dolphins all finished 9-7 with the Bills last at 8-8. The Jets went 7-2 when Chad was named started after an ineffective Vinny was FINALLY benched. Jets were mediocre ALL season up to that point and made the playoffs thanks to the BREAKOUT seasons of Laverneus Coles and Chad Pennington.  

What's asinine is that If the Pats DID NOT comeback to defeat the Dolphins in OT, the Jets would have been OUT of the playoffs REGARDLESS of defeating GB. If Patriots would have lost to the Phins, Miami would be the 2002 Champ and NE would have qualified ELIMINATING the Jets based on the record against common opponents. Jets FLUKED into the playoffs that year. Once the Jets learned of that NE-MIA score, the meadowlands and that 2002 Jets TEAM BLEW UP and THAT propelled them into the playoffs, not even the '72 Fins could have stopped that Jets team that afternoon once that Scoreboard showed the result of NE-Miami. If Miami would have defeated NE, I believe, the Jets WOULD NOT have been pumped up enough to beat GB the way they did. It wasn't until that FINAL SCORE was posted did the Jets WAKE UP and have something to ACTUALLY play for. 

Learn your $hit. 

I KNOW MY history, Get YOUR $hit together before declaring a comment asinine when the post is stating an opinion. the Jets were not that good that year and BACKED INTO the playoffs. Was it a fun ride? HELL YES! But we were NOT one of the better teams that year and just got HOT at the right time - like always. 

History Lesson DONE. :D

6 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

I KNOW my history, and YES it was a FLUKE. The Pats, Jets, AND Dolphins all finished 9-7 with the Bills last at 8-8. The Jets went 7-2 when Chad was named started after an ineffective Vinny was FINALLY benched. Jets were mediocre ALL season up to that point and made the playoffs thanks to the BREAKOUT seasons of Laverneus Coles and Chad Pennington.  

What's asinine is that If the Pats DID NOT comeback to defeat the Dolphins in OT, the Jets would have been OUT of the playoffs REGARDLESS of defeating GB. If Patriots would have lost to the Phins, Miami would be the 2002 Champ and NE would have qualified ELIMINATING the Jets based on the record against common opponents. Jets FLUKED into the playoffs that year. Once the Jets learned of that NE-MIA score, the meadowlands and that 2002 Jets TEAM BLEW UP and THAT propelled them into the playoffs, not even the '72 Fins could have stopped that Jets team that afternoon once that Scoreboard showed the result of NE-Miami. Learn your $hit. 

I KNOW MY history, Get YOUR $hit together before declaring a comment asinine when the post is stating an opinion. the Jets were not that good that year and BACKED INTO the playoffs. Was it a fun ride? HELL YES! But we were NOT one of the better teams that year and just got HOT at the right time - like always. 

History Lesson DONE. :D

how is going 7-2 down the stretch mediocre?

we were badly beat up early in that season, Curtis, the OL, others.  as we got healthier and after the switch to Chad we took off.  we were one of the hottest teams entering the playoffs and humiliated Peyton and the Colts in the WC rd.

but the Pats did beat the dolphins, right? and if they beat us the week before they would have been division champs but we whooped them.

NE won a SB in 2001, if we hadn't lost to them at home then beat Oak the final week they don't win the division and don't win a SB.  That's football.

How they hell does a team back in winning 7 of 9 and winning their last 2 games by a combined score of 72-34? 

this was the REAL history lesson.  Hopefully you paid attention.

3 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

how is going 7-2 down the stretch mediocre?

2-5 at the 8th week with VInny as QB WAS mediocre. As I stated, when Chad was insterted, THAT"S when they got hot and went 7-2 streak. Work on your Reading Comprehension.

we were badly beat up early in that season, Curtis, the OL, others.  as we got healthier and after the switch to Chad we took off.  we were one of the hottest teams entering the playoffs and humiliated Peyton and the Colts in the WC rd.

SO, you agree with what I stated, ONCE Chad started the team got better - and healthier as you claim - in the 2nd half. 

but the Pats did beat the dolphins, right? and if they beat us the week before they would have been division champs but we whooped them.

Pats were not that good and YET to establish themselves as the powerhouse they are regarded as now. Their 2001 SuperBowl run was considered a cinderella story and a time when Who was better: Brady v. Chad debates were actually VALID since both had just literally popped up out of nowhere. So beating them in 2002 was no great feat as you claim:rolleyes:

NE won a SB in 2001, if we hadn't lost to them at home then beat Oak the final week they don't win the division and don't win a SB.  That's football.

How they hell does a team back in winning 7 of 9 and winning their last 2 games by a combined score of 72-34? 

this was the REAL history lesson.  Hopefully you paid attention.

LOL. ^^^^^^^^ @ Bolded Conflicting Argument ^^^^^^^^^^^^

You are a joke. 

Really?

NE won a SB in 2001, if:lol: we hadn't lost to them at home then :lol:beat Oak the final week they don't win the division and don't win a SB. :lol: That's football. . . . this was the REAL history lesson.  Hopefully you paid attention.:lol::lol::lol:

If + Then (which is conditional) ≠ REAL History.  HAHAHAHA What a dolt. Thanks for the good laugh. 

5 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

LOL. ^^^^^^^^ @ Bolded Conflicting Argument ^^^^^^^^^^^^

You are a joke. 

Really?

NE won a SB in 2001, if:lol: we hadn't lost to them at home then :lol:beat Oak the final week they don't win the division and don't win a SB. :lol: That's football. . . . this was the REAL history lesson.  Hopefully you paid attention.:lol::lol::lol:

If + Then (which is conditional) ≠ REAL History.  HAHAHAHA What a dolt. Thanks for the good laugh. 

can you translate this to English please?

Archived