13-3

SoFlaJets

You know if we had an owner who wasn't you know the WORST OWNER IN ALL New York PROFESSIONAL SPORTS HISTORY then there might be a shot. This idiot rich boy continues to hire 1st time head coaches from the defensive side of the ball. Why not at least TRY to hire an offensive guy-at least once? How about after this current idiot is fired. At least an O-coach might be able to develop a QB., instead of doing what is always done in the Jets off seasons-draft a DL or a LB/DL or maybe a CB. I have no feelings at all for this team, for this coach for this owner, for this QB 

12 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

You know if we had an owner who wasn't you know the WORST OWNER IN ALL New York PROFESSIONAL SPORTS HISTORY then there might be a shot. This idiot rich boy continues to hire 1st time head coaches from the defensive side of the ball. Why not at least TRY to hire an offensive guy-at least once? How about after this current idiot is fired. At least an O-coach might be able to develop a QB., instead of doing what is always done in the Jets off seasons-draft a DL or a LB/DL or maybe a CB. I have no feelings at all for this team, for this coach for this owner, for this QB 

Jim - you're not understanding the true genius that goes on in Woodrow's head. 

If you draft 2 complete strings of potential all-pro D Linemen (so that one can be resting while the others on the field) you obviously don't need to have an edge rusher or anything more than a couple of mediocre veterans and a totally washed up Canton wannabe in the defensive backfield.

Your line will carry you and stop all the scoring. 

The other benefit of keeping the other team from scoring is you don't need to score that much yourself.

This allows you to have a real smart but not effective QB with no arm and other assorted vets on the downside of their career to assist him in the practice of not scoring the points that you don't need to win football games.

Sheesh ,,, is that really that hard to understand?  

I can understand people not giving up hope I really can, but let's be realistic here, this team stinks from the head down and there is little hope for a turn around under this CS. The HC is a deer in headlights, the OC (and HC) is/are scared of his own shadow, and I have no idea what the DC is doing, thinking or seeing constantly covering great TE's with a safety who cannot cover my sister. I see no emotion, no desperation for a game which you need a home victory in the worst way with 2 road games upcoming in brutal places and seriously looking at 1-5 if you lose. Make no mistake, this season is starting at sad 1-5, no way they are winning in Pit or Ari. After that, they may win a few games here or there, against inferior opponents, but nothing major.

By the way, when was the last time this team beat a superior opponent out of the division?

5 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

I can understand people not giving up hope I really can, but let's be realistic here, this team stinks from the head down and there is little hope for a turn around under this CS. The HC is a deer in headlights, the OC (and HC) is/are scared of his own shadow, and I have no idea what the DC is doing, thinking or seeing constantly covering great TE's with a safety who cannot cover my sister. I see no emotion, no desperation for a game which you need a home victory in the worst way with 2 road games upcoming in brutal places and seriously looking at 1-5 if you lose. Make no mistake, this season is starting at sad 1-5, no way they are winning in Pit or Ari. After that, they may win a few games here or there, against inferior opponents, but nothing major.

By the way, when was the last time this team beat a superior opponent out of the division?

Ya got me stumped there Ash. The win will be coming some time in 2018

We spent our first round talent on the wrong part of the team. Yeah its great that we have 3 all pro d-line men but in todays nfl those interior o-linemen are allowed to hold more often then not. This completely ruins our one advantage on defense and since our  olb's cannot get any pressure on the defense 9 out of 10 times the qb has plenty of time to stand in the pocket and find the wide open guy.

Blame the corners all you want, but if any of you watch any other games you will see every qb pick apart any secondary with the amount of time we give a qb in the pocket. 

On offense we have no ground game. Forte is a great THIRD down back ( Powell is the same type of back as Forte). He is not a guy that is going to pound the rock for you 20 times a guy and get those tough yards. The loss of Robinson before the season started hurts this team more then the loss of Decker currently. 

9 interceptions in 2 games is an astronomical number of interceptions. Even throwing picks in garbage time trying to come back from down two scores is still completely unacceptable. There are guys in this league that do not throw 9 interceptions a season, and we are talking about half of a quarter of a season. Fitz has been absolutely as advertised and we shouldn't beat him up for it. He is a backup qb playing full time against the best defensive talent in the world. He will never be that guy and its why this season  barely had any hope to begin with.

10 hours ago, jetsfan719 said:

I agree, but i think qb is more of a priority.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That i think is debatable depending on how petty and hack develop during this season. Either way more of a priority or not if there is no viable QB available but there is a decent CB prospect do you reach for a project Qb?

On 10/3/2016 at 9:33 AM, jdeacon said:

We spent our first round talent on the wrong part of the team. Yeah its great that we have 3 all pro d-line men but in todays nfl those interior o-linemen are allowed to hold more often then not. This completely ruins our one advantage on defense and since our  olb's cannot get any pressure on the defense 9 out of 10 times the qb has plenty of time to stand in the pocket and find the wide open guy.

Blame the corners all you want, but if any of you watch any other games you will see every qb pick apart any secondary with the amount of time we give a qb in the pocket. 

On offense we have no ground game. Forte is a great THIRD down back ( Powell is the same type of back as Forte). He is not a guy that is going to pound the rock for you 20 times a guy and get those tough yards. The loss of Robinson before the season started hurts this team more then the loss of Decker currently. 

9 interceptions in 2 games is an astronomical number of interceptions. Even throwing picks in garbage time trying to come back from down two scores is still completely unacceptable. There are guys in this league that do not throw 9 interceptions a season, and we are talking about half of a quarter of a season. Fitz has been absolutely as advertised and we shouldn't beat him up for it. He is a backup qb playing full time against the best defensive talent in the world. He will never be that guy and its why this season  barely had any hope to begin with.

You are right on the holding; most rules now favor scoring and that is one of them. Jets didn't figure this out, apparently. But also, the lineman are talented too. So you need to have a coach who can scheme correctly, to utilize his talent. 

Bowles seems like a nice guy, probably a decent defensive coordinator (somehow) and a guy the players like initially, until the realize he's not that good a coach, is overmatched, and is holding them back.

Anyone remember Mike Woodson when he coached the Knicks. Breath of fresh air after no D D'Antoni. For a season, the Knicks bought what he was selling, because he's good guy, good motivator, but when they figured out he wasn't a good coach, they turned. 

Bowles is going the same way. 

On 10/2/2016 at 10:40 PM, ASH1962 said:

We beat the then 6-3 Steelers, 20-13, on Nov 9th 2014. Snapped an 8 game losing streak. Steelers finished 11-5 that year and clinched their division.

The Steelers are good for a clunker every now and then which is why I wish they didn't lost to PHI.  Not taking anything away from the Eagles but PITT looks like they won't have too many more games like that.  Tomlin is one of the best coaches in the league and he won't let the Steelers take us lightly.

Archived