LaDainian Thompson has seen enough of Fitzpatrick

joewilly12

There is a video of his rant but I cannot copy and paste it. 
By Darryl Slater | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com 
Email the author | Follow on Twitter 
on October 04, 2016 at 10:17 AM, updated October 04, 2016 at 12:00 PM

Ex-Jets running back and current NFL Network analyst LaDainian Tomlinson has seen enough of Ryan Fitzpatrick. 

The past two weeks, in losses to the Chiefs and Seahawks, Fitzpatrick has thrown six and three interceptions. 

Tomlinson, after the Seattle game, said he believes it is time for the Jets to turn to backup quarterback Geno Smith, who mostly struggled as their starter from 2013-14, before taking a back seat to Fitzpatrick last season. 

(Video down below of Tomlinson saying this on NFL Network.) 

Tomlinson initially addressed how Jets wide receiver Brandon Marshall publicly and passionately backed Fitzpatrick

"I get it, though, B," Tomlinson said. "I get it. You're a loyal guy. And that's your quarterback. But you know what? Honestly, it's time. Instead of J-E-T-S, you guys have got to start going G-E-N-O. That's right: It's time for Geno.

"You can't throw nine picks in two weeks and think you can keep your starting job. Meanwhile, Geno Smith beat you out two years ago, and he's still on the bench. Come on, man. Roll it. It's time to get Geno in there, because Ryan Fitz-tragic is taking over, and it's not good." 

Jets' 2016 game-by-game picks

Will the Jets make the playoffs?

Actually, Fitzpatrick wasn't on the Jets' roster two years ago. It was last year that Fitzpatrick was set to be Smith's backup entering the season.

But then IK Enemkpali punched Smith in the face and broke his jaw, because of an unpaid debt. Fitzpatrick was pressed into starting, and he played well for the most part, so Smith didn't start any games in 2015. 

The 2016 season is the final year of Smith's rookie contract. Fitzpatrick is playing on a one-year contract this season. 

There's no question the Jets need to fix their offensive issues. The past two weeks, they have had 13 second half possession. The results: four punts, eight Fitzpatrick interceptions, and a fluke fumble recovery touchdown. 

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

I forget, which team hired him as a QB talent evaluator?

To be fair, he did have a 66.7 completion % in his NFL career.  He also threw 7 TD's and no picks, averaged 11.9 yards/attempt and had a 146.9 QB rating.  Pretty good. 

Of course, he didn't do any of that as a Jet though.  The one time he tried to pass in 2011, he got sacked.  lol.  So Jetsy.....

25 minutes ago, slowmoe57 said:

Never heard of LaDainain Thompson. 

25 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

Same guy.......... Ryan Fitzpatrick will never sniff the Hall of Fame just like the playoffs 

LaDainian Tomlinson, Kurt Warner among favorites for 2017 Hall of Fame class

44 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

Any fool can see Fitzpatrick sucks sadly not many of our fans see it that way. 

He leads the NFL in turnovers he actually leads most teams in total turnovers. 

Im sure he has the lowest passing rating as well. 

LT future hall of famer, he dont know jack sh*t...............yea right 

Make fun of Tomlinson all you want but he is 110% correct.  Time to see if Geno Smith has grown up and if he has learned anything from the QB Guru Chan the man Gailey.  Geno has the arm and the wheels to make the offense more dynamic.  Fitzpatrick is a journeyman QB who is regressing into a journeyman QB.

38 minutes ago, gajets said:

Time to see if Geno Smith has grown up and if he has learned anything from the QB Guru Chan the man Gailey.

What did you see this Preseason that would indicate that Geno Smith has made major strides in his development since 2013?

What have you seen from Geno this year off the field that would indicate he has taken major strides in his maturity?

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

What did you see this Preseason that would indicate that Geno Smith has made major strides in his development since 2013?

What have you seen from Geno this year off the field that would indicate he has taken major strides in his maturity?

How did Fitzpatrick look in pre-season this year?   

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:
There is a video of his rant but I cannot copy and paste it. 
By Darryl Slater | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com 
Email the author | Follow on Twitter 
on October 04, 2016 at 10:17 AM, updated October 04, 2016 at 12:00 PM

Ex-Jets running back and current NFL Network analyst LaDainian Tomlinson has seen enough of Ryan Fitzpatrick. 

The past two weeks, in losses to the Chiefs and Seahawks, Fitzpatrick has thrown six and three interceptions. 

Tomlinson, after the Seattle game, said he believes it is time for the Jets to turn to backup quarterback Geno Smith, who mostly struggled as their starter from 2013-14, before taking a back seat to Fitzpatrick last season. 

(Video down below of Tomlinson saying this on NFL Network.) 

Tomlinson initially addressed how Jets wide receiver Brandon Marshall publicly and passionately backed Fitzpatrick

"I get it, though, B," Tomlinson said. "I get it. You're a loyal guy. And that's your quarterback. But you know what? Honestly, it's time. Instead of J-E-T-S, you guys have got to start going G-E-N-O. That's right: It's time for Geno.

"You can't throw nine picks in two weeks and think you can keep your starting job. Meanwhile, Geno Smith beat you out two years ago, and he's still on the bench. Come on, man. Roll it. It's time to get Geno in there, because Ryan Fitz-tragic is taking over, and it's not good." 

Will the Jets make the playoffs?

Actually, Fitzpatrick wasn't on the Jets' roster two years ago. It was last year that Fitzpatrick was set to be Smith's backup entering the season.

But then IK Enemkpali punched Smith in the face and broke his jaw, because of an unpaid debt. Fitzpatrick was pressed into starting, and he played well for the most part, so Smith didn't start any games in 2015. 

The 2016 season is the final year of Smith's rookie contract. Fitzpatrick is playing on a one-year contract this season. 

There's no question the Jets need to fix their offensive issues. The past two weeks, they have had 13 second half possession. The results: four punts, eight Fitzpatrick interceptions, and a fluke fumble recovery touchdown. 

Well that settles it, right to the bench for him.

52 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Despite some popular belief Geno was never going to be the starter.  He was the 'starter' because the other guy had a broken leg and as soon as Fitz was healed up he was going to be the starter.  Geno beat out air last year.

Not sure I agree with that.  If I remember correctly Fitz coming off the broken leg looked awful in Preseason.  I think Geno would've started the season as QB whether he would've kept the job is another story.

9 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Well if our underachievers are gonna back him I thought id post an article where a future hall of famer offers his opinion.......

Just busting your balls, take it easy. I heard Booger McFarland say no way they should go with Geno, but I don't take that as Gospel.

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Any fool can see Fitzpatrick sucks sadly not many of our fans see it that way. 

He leads the NFL in turnovers he actually leads most teams in total turnovers. 

Im sure he has the lowest passing rating as well. 

LT future hall of famer, he dont know jack sh*t...............yea right 

Good thing your not a voter.  Probably end up giving your  vote to that Thompson guy by accident.  

21 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

How did Fitzpatrick look in pre-season this year?   

Let it go. he hates Geno. His hatred is gonna take 10 years off his life. Comment poorly about Fitz? You must love Geno.

I feel good knowing I knew this would happen.  Fitz has Shlt the bed for 4 team, we make 5.

Well...maybe in my children's lifetime we will win a superbowl.

8 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Let it go. he hates Geno. His hatred is gonna take 10 years off his life. Comment poorly about Fitz? You must love Geno.

I feel good knowing I knew this would happen.  Fitz has Shlt the bed for 4 team, we make 5.

Well...maybe in my children's lifetime we will win a superbowl.

Actually this is 6th team in 12 years and yes he has sh*t the bed for all of them including the NY Jets. 

1 hour ago, rex-n-effect said:

It doesn't take a Trump-sized genius:

The past two weeks, the Jets have had 13 second half possession. The results: four punts, eight Fitzpatrick interceptions, and a fluke fumble recovery touchdown. 

2 minutes ago, phill1c said:

It doesn't take a Trump-sized genius:

The past two weeks, the Jets have had 13 second half possession. The results: four punts, eight Fitzpatrick interceptions, and a fluke fumble recovery touchdown. 

He flat out sucks everyone should know this.

36 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I saw Ryan Fitz play this PS and I clearly stated that Geno should be after his job then

22 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Just busting your balls, take it easy. I heard Booger McFarland say no way they should go with Geno, but I don't take that as Gospel.

Any one withe name "Booger" has zero credibility with me, sorry. 

Archived