Which of these realistic but execrable choices do you want at QB in 2017?

T0mShane

Which of these realistic but execrable choices do you want at QB in 2017?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these realistic but execrable choices do you want at QB in 2017?

• Christian Hackenberg
    • Drew Brees
    • Jay Cutler
    • Ryan Fitzpatrick
    • Tony Romo
    • Bryce Petty
    • Geno Smith
    • Sam Bradford
    • Brad Kaaya

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SickJetFan said:

Why not Fits, Petty, and Hack

Have a real QB competition 

Fits might be cheap to come by. Amiright 

Fitz won't be back.. no way is Mac going to wait around for the failed diva 2 years in a row.. He will be in denial when the jets only offer him a 1 yr deal for 3-5 million. Mac will move on to a more reasonable qb who is on planet earth when it comes to knowing his market value..

26 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Fitz won't be back.. no way is Mac going to wait around for the failed diva 2 years in a row.. He will be in denial when the jets only offer him a 1 yr deal for 3-5 million. Mac will move on to a more reasonable qb who is on planet earth when it comes to knowing his market value..

We shall see.  I think he would be perfect backup for the yutes.

I don't prescribe to the burn everything down and start over crowd around here calling for new coaches etc..

I hope Mac, bowels and chan  stick around at least 2 more years and build something with yute movement.  Having fitz as extension of chan for yutes would be good.

13 hours ago, T0mShane said:

That's why they should have done this exact thing this year. Bite the bullet and try to find the QB. Now if they do worse than 8-8 and try to sneak in a 4-12 next year to get Hack playing time, everyone is doomed.

That's a better solution than peeling the Band-Aid off slowly IMO. 

If Petty doesn't get more than 6 starts, and play great in those starts, I don't see how he - never mind Hackenberg - could get the nod week 1. They'll pick up Bradford or Glennon, and at best Petty might have a chance at beating Glennon type out in a preseason competition. If they pick up Bradford, no competition.

If this happens, no drafted QB In 2017, except maybe a 6th-7th rounder just to do it, ensuring the pick is wasted because no way MM cuts Hackenberg so soon for a bottom-round rookie.

If Petty gets some action and doesn't look so great, then I expect both a veteran and a mid-round pick (but not higher than Hackenberg's slot), and Petty gets either cut or traded for very little by the end of the summer. Possible they carry 4 again if Hackenberg looks hopeless again, but they still won't cut him just yet. 

0% chance of Geno returning. 50/50 chance of Fitz returning for actual backup dollars this time, but only if Petty looks particularly good this year. If Bowles even lets him play, of course. 

8 hours ago, SickJetFan said:

Why not Fits, Petty, and Hack

Have a real QB competition 

Fits might be cheap to come by. Amiright 

If Fitz returns as part of this trio it will be as the clear backup after Petty shows something this year. If Petty is going to be in a competition next year it won't be with Fitz; it'd be with a different veteran. 

4 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

That's a better solution than peeling the Band-Aid off slowly IMO. 

If Petty doesn't get more than 6 starts, and play great in those starts, I don't see how he - never mind Hackenberg - could get the nod week 1. They'll pick up Bradford or Glennon, and at best Petty might have a chance at beating Glennon type out in a preseason competition. If they pick up Bradford, no competition.

If this happens, no drafted QB In 2017, except maybe a 6th-7th rounder just to do it, ensuring the pick is wasted because no way MM cuts Hackenberg so soon for a bottom-round rookie.

If Petty gets some action and doesn't look so great, then I expect both a veteran and a mid-round pick (but not higher than Hackenberg's slot), and Petty gets either cut or traded for very little by the end of the summer. Possible they carry 4 again if Hackenberg looks hopeless again, but they still won't cut him just yet. 

0% chance of Geno returning. 50/50 chance of Fitz returning for actual backup dollars this time, but only if Petty looks particularly good this year. If Bowles even lets him play, of course. 

This is how I see it, too, which made the Hackenberg pick so troubling. Maccagnan  seems to have painted himself into a corner and now he needs Hackenberg (or Petty) to quickly turn into a better QB than currently seems likely. 

I would be fine with Petty and Hack battling with Glennon for the starter job next year.  Glennon has some experience as a starter, he is still young with a strong arm and that periscope neck that allows him to see the whole field.

The team itself isnt very good. We're going to have some holes next year to fill and a lot of cutting to do. Realistically I only see Hack and Petty as the only two options unless the team tanks so bad they can draft another QB this year. 

16 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Chase Daniel has plenty of experience and a few starts. Denver has Sanchez there. It they're more the exception than the rule. 

Chase had two starts, hardly plenty of experience.  Denver does not have Sanchez.

But you get my point. 

22 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

Luke Falk from Wash St  is my darkhorse for a late riser up many draft boards. 

Falk and WSU dismantled Stanford last night. This guy is going to start getting more recognition. Mike Leach's offense is more of a quick hit WCO style where Falk completes around 70% , but this kid has all the tools. 

I think you go with a Hack/Petty quarterback competition.  You can't keep drafting these guys just to not ever let them play.  Open competition with a short to medium leash for the winner.  Let's find out what we have in both.  In the worst/best case scenario, they have a top 3 pick if they both flop to grab another guy.

32 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Sorry. Meant had. And Denver still has Austin Davis who has starting experience. But you get my point. Which is better than your point. 

Whatever you say.  And buy.  But this is the wrong year to claim you need a vet at QB, can't play a rookie

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Whatever you say.  And buy.  But this is the wrong year to claim you need a vet at QB, can't play a rookie

That's not my point. My point is you can't have a team with 3 QBs with zero experience. You need one vet. You know of a team with 3 QBs this season that has zero game experience? I'm all for throwing a rookie to the wolves. I never said you can't. Not sure why you're making things up. 

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

That's not my point. My point is you can't have a team with 3 QBs with zero experience. You need one vet. You know of a team with 3 QBs this season that has zero game experience? I'm all for throwing a rookie to the wolves. I never said you can't. Not sure why you're making things up. 

You just can't stop, have to keep running with it.  Denver and the Eagles basically fit that description.  Proof is Seimien goes down and a rookie goes in, not a vet.  I got it, enough

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You just can't stop, have to keep running with it.  Denver and the Eagles basically fit that description.  Proof is Seimien goes down and a rookie goes in, not a vet.  I got it, enough

Do they not have Austin Davis on that team? Do the Eagles not have Chase Daniel? It's not that hard. I don't think you got it at all. 

Just now, SickJetFan said:

I'd sign that contract with devil if jets were to draft cam Robinson and rueban foster 

People can say what they want about him, but hes doing an awesome job with the Vikings who lost their star player

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Do they not have Austin Davis on that team? Do the Eagles not have Chase Daniel? It's not that hard. I don't think you got it at all. 

You're right.  It's not hard.  

Unless you're an fool who just wants to keep going on and on.  I agree with you and you continue to argue.  Figure out your own point, a vet or Chase Daniels with all of 2 starts, how can you miss the point?   Shlt, you're dense.  

Just now, Jet Nut said:

You're right.  It's not hard.  

Unless you're an fool who just wants to keep going on and on.  I agree with you and you continue to argue.  Figure out your own point, a vet or Chase Daniels with all of 2 starts, how can you miss the point?   Shlt, you're dense.  

IS 2 STARTS 0?! Jesus shut up. You're excruciatingly annoying now. My point is correct. Good day. 

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

IS 2 STARTS 0?! Jesus shut up. You're excruciatingly annoying now. My point is correct. Good day. 

You're just a moron, really.  How stupid can we get?  After saying I get your point and you coming back at me for no apparent reason it's time to tell you to STFU

Just now, Jet Nut said:

You're just a moron, really.  How stupid can we get?  After saying I get your point and you coming back at me for no apparent reason it's time to tell you to STFU

Classy. Classy. Name calling because you're wrong. Cool. I think I'll put you on block now. 

On 10/8/2016 at 3:16 PM, CrazyCarl40 said:

0 career starts between the three of them. Cool. What could go wrong?

Could start 1-4 :) agree it is not ideal but but the options are limited with 2 project QB's on the roster

I would like to see Petty play real games before his rookie contract runs out (think we can agree that should happen this year)

Eventually Hack will get a chance based on the 2nd round "investment" and if they still think Hack can be fixed after this year then Mac should find a way to extend Fitz on the cheap, but we have seen that show before...

So the options are limited; go with 4 QB's again? or fill in the blank + Petty + Hack

Trade for McCarron? Glennon could be an option but could also demand a big contract after what the Texans gave Brock last year

23 hours ago, jason423 said:

The team itself isnt very good. We're going to have some holes next year to fill and a lot of cutting to do. Realistically I only see Hack and Petty as the only two options unless the team tanks so bad they can draft another QB this year. 

Haven't seen you around in a while, congratulations on the book!

54 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

We're signing Cutler or Glennon

On the assumption that Fitzpatrick does not turn it around substantially, which I do not take for granted, the Jets will be best served getting a vet Qb in either FA or a trade, going into camp next year.  I doubt they will see enough and enough good of Petty to rely on him as the Opening Day starter by the onset of the off season, and Hack at best can light it up in camp, but will give them even less data than Petty will. 

Of the vet Qb's likely to be available, Cutler may make the most sense in terms of being available, might want (I think would want) the change of scenery, and imo still has talent to contribute.  Glennon I simply do not think is as good as Cutler.

So yes, I can see them getting Cutler.

I'd like to see the Jets pursue Brees, but if that doesn't happen then you gotta just throw Petty in there. He's had some time to sit back and watch, now it's time to throw the young guy in there and see what happens. Look at the league for the last couple of years. There's been an influx of young QBs playing well for winning teams when it wasn't really expected. Throw Petty in there and see where it goes.

Archived