Decker has Hip Surgery

NYJ37/12

13 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

He's out all of next year. Confirmed!!

Link? I interpreted it as hip surgery first, then once off crutches will have shoulder surgery. Assuming arthroscopic hip surgery then should be off crutches 4-6 weeks tops, then have shoulder surgery. Be good for next summer.

Given the training required to compete in the NFL, it would appear that players who spend the entire off season recovering from injuries come back as a semblance of themselves.  

Revis did not train last off season and look at him.

Wilkerson had a broken leg.

Fitz did not practice while he demanded more money.

In all of those situations the team may be better shelving the player or waiting a year to bring them back.

if they bring back Devin Smith this year, it will end disasterously.

If they train, it would not surprise me to see Revis and Wilkerson come back better next year.  Even Fitz could improve if he practiced all off season instead of golf.

Only 1 or 2 of them will be Jets next season.  Decker?  2017 is looking really bad.  

If he is cuttable for next season, the Jets save almost $6mm against the cap.  

4 hours ago, HessStation said:

Decker's career, for all intents, is over. He'll make a team for another year or two as a hang on vet, possesion guy and then go on to live in some tropical paradise with his hot wife the rest of his life. 

No, it's not.  He'll be on crutches for a couple of weeks and then get the shoulder surgery.  

3 hours ago, HessStation said:

I'll believe it when i see it. I'll bet good money 3 years tops left in the NFL, gun to head 2 years left with half the production. 

Well, as someone who works in medicine, I hope that isn't a loaded gun you've got to your head.

Archived