Prediction for the rest of the season

Cap'nObvious

As for our schedule, By very soft you mean Balt, a team that probably should have 5 wins, the Dolphins (twice) who just gave Pitt a beat down, the Rams who are one of the better defenses in the league, the Bills who have won 4 in a row, and the Pats twice.  The other three games are @ Cle, Indy, and SF.  Indy still has Luck and we can't stop the big play so even that game is iffy.

So we're left talking about the two worst teams in the league.  We will probably win both thus pick 3rd in a 2-QB draft.  

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

1 hour ago, Cap'nObvious said:

No he wont, not if the Jets are winning, which they will do regardless of who plays QB with the schedule turning the way it does.

Geno will perform at the same level he has for two years - a sub par level, regardless of who the competition is. He's proven himself to be a stiff time and time again, and thankfully, this will be the last time on the Jets watch.  Don't get me wrong, I root for the laundry and hope the Jets win the next 10 in a row with him at the helm, but I will not be holding my breath. 

Switch is made to Geno at QB

Baltimore - Loss (1-6)

at Cleveland - Win (2-6)

at Miami - Loss (2-7)

Los Angeles - Win (3-7)

New England - Loss (3-8)

Switch is made to Petty at QB

Indianapolis - Loss (3-9)

at San Fran. - Win (4-9)

Miami - Win (5-9)

at New England - Loss (5-10)

Buffalo - Win (6-10) Keeping Buffalo out of the Postseason.  Favor returned.

That's my prediction.

24 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

They win two more games, keep the coaching staff and front office, **** up the draft, pick a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round, don't address the Oline or DBs with any real talent then push for ticket sales like everything is great. 

Better, Faster, Greener

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Baltimore - Loss (1-6)

at Cleveland - Win (2-6)

at Miami - Loss (2-7)

Los Angeles - Win (3-7)

New England - Loss (3-8)

at San Fran. - Win (4-9)

Miami - Win (5-9)

That's my prediction.

and a crappy draft pick..

the one saving grace is that i should be able to finally get to sit in the coaches club this year without taking a second mortgage out on the house

1 hour ago, Cap'nObvious said:

Zero chance of us going 1-15, zero. Team still has some talent on it, despite it playing like dog poo for the first 6 games. The schedule is about to get very soft, very fast, starting this week with a terrible Ravens team that handed the Giants a win despite the Giants trying as hard as they could to lose it.

You call yourself Cap'n obvious but you miss the obvious here. These guys have been paid millions. The season has nothing to play for, nothing to risk injury for. Besides, you cannot win if you cannot score. This team is bereft of an offensive clue and will not /can not score more than 3-6 points per game as we have seen. Look at the defenses we will face: Balt, LA, NE twice, MIA twice, BUF, SF on the road where we are afraid of our own shadows. Don't tell me we will win at Cle, they will most likely come in winless and we are the easiest victim of their first win. The only D that really sucks is Indy but Luck can out score any offense we throw at them. Now, God forbid we get a defensive or ST TD or 2 in any game, that could change things, however, if everything remains as is, I think there is a real good chance of 1-15.

10 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Baltimore - Loss (1-6)

at Cleveland - Win (2-6)

at Miami - Loss (2-7)

Los Angeles - Win (3-7)

New England - Loss (3-8)

at San Fran. - Win (4-9)

Miami - Win (5-9)

That's my prediction.

I don't think the Jets are going to lose to Baltimore, even more so if Flacco is out. And for some bizarre reason, Geno always makes the Dolphins his bitch. Jets are going 4-1 in their next 5, and he will not come out if that is the case, even if they are winning in spite of him.

12 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Baltimore - Loss (1-6)

at Cleveland - Win (2-6)

at Miami - Loss (2-7)

Los Angeles - Win (3-7)

New England - Loss (3-8)

at San Fran. - Win (4-9)

Miami - Win (5-9)

That's my prediction.

Looks good except Geno Smith will absolutely destroy the Dolphins in Miami, its like his only holy grail, the powers of the Florida swamp somehow empower him.  So I see him winning that game and then losing against the Rams.

3 hours ago, Jets_Win said:

I can't believe after 6 games anyone still believes that any part of the schedule for this team is soft. 

Looking at the schedule, IMO , there are truly no winnable games....Cleveland fights pretty hard (I wish the Jets went after Hue Jackson instead of Toilet Bowles) and although San Fran is awful - its a long trip out west and Geno has time zone issues...so.....

3 hours ago, Cap'nObvious said:

Zero chance of us going 1-15, zero. Team still has some talent on it, despite it playing like dog poo for the first 6 games. The schedule is about to get very soft, very fast, starting this week with a terrible Ravens team that handed the Giants a win despite the Giants trying as hard as they could to lose it.

I don't know, the 1996 team was very talented and went 1-15 and we have our worst HC since Kotite so anything is possible.

Archived