so what kind of offer do we make for Romo?

Blackout

We need to develop a young quarterback. If Petty plays well down the stretch I would sign a Josh McCown next offseason. If Petty struggles I'd entertain bringing back Geno, then letting the 3 of them battle it out in camp. Either way we need to stop going after retreads. Plus I think Romo would not want to come here anyway. 

Just now, August said:

We need to develop a young quarterback. If Petty plays well down the stretch I would sign a Josh McCown next offseason. If Petty struggles I'd entertain bringing back Geno, then letting the 3 of them battle it out in camp. Either way we need to stop going after retreads. Plus I think Romo would not want to come here anyway. 

Fack no I DO NOT want McClown

And so it begins...

I like Romo.  He is a very good QB. But hell no.  Romo should be for a "win now" team. 

Other possibilites are a team that erroneously thinks they're close, or a dysfunctional franchise.  Oh wait, the Jets fit into that last one. 

Broncos?  I don't like Lynch at all.

Dolphins and trader Mike?

Redskins if they let Cousins walk?

49ers?

3 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Forte and Powell are ok.  Our offensive line isn't good but its not even close to the worst in the NFL.

Forte will be 1 year older..ancient for a RB 

Ben and Winters in contract year

Mangold done

U wonder why the jets are doing so many little dinks and dunks 

3 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

Forte will be 1 year older..ancient for a RB 

Ben and Winters in contract year

Mangold done

U wonder why the jets are doing so many little dinks and dunks 

Mangold is not done.  Everyone thought Mawae was done when Mangini got rid of him he had another 3 years left in him so does Mangold.  We are resigning Winters.

And Powell is way better than Forte.  I hope we get rid of Forte and start Powell next season. We can draft a RB.

4 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Mangold is not done.  Everyone thought Mawae was done when Mangini got rid of him he had another 3 years left in him so does Mangold.  We are resigning Winters.

And Powell is way better than Forte.  I hope we get rid of Forte and start Powell next season. We can draft a RB.

Have no doubt he will be a jet next year...didn't say he was leaving.

OH Brno goner tho. ..not me a loss but it will be a new line next year was my point who h will not attta t any FA 

7 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Insurance for what?  Sucking?

In case Petty gets hurt we need a vet that could step in and play but won't challenge for the starting job unlike Mr when the coaches don't believe in me and the owner don't believe in me. 

3 minutes ago, August said:

In case Petty gets hurt we need a vet that could step in and play but won't challenge for the starting job unlike Mr when the coaches don't believe in me and the owner don't believe in me. 

Josh McCown is horrible.  It's wierd because he looks like he would be good because he's this big athletic guy with a great arm but he always finds ways to lose hence the winless Browns.

I'm not willing to give up on Petty yet but unless he impresses next couple of games there is no f'n way he should be our starting qb next season.  That would be negligence.

4 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Josh McCown is horrible.  It's wierd because he looks like he would be good because he's this big athletic guy with a great arm but he always finds ways to lose hence the winless Browns.

I'm not willing to give up on Petty yet but unless he impresses next couple of games there is no f'n way he should be our starting qb next season.  That would be negligence.

I'm not saying to bring him in to start. I'm saying to bring in McCown as a backup. If he has to start he can be serviceable until Petty gets back. 

18 minutes ago, j4jets said:

He'll probably be the best Jet QB In a while if we got him. He has 2-3 good years left. 

The Jets have no team.  This franchise  is nowhere close to competing.  How do you rationalize seeking Romo?   And I like Romo.  He would have made sense with the 2010 roster.  Not this collection of stiffs.

There is no logic in it whatsoever.  I am going to beat you STB type guys over the head with this until it sinks in.

Four. Year. Rebuild.  No "win now" trades.  No free agency splurging.  Fill holes one at time through the draft.  That's it.

6 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

The Jets have no team.  This franchise  is nowhere close to competing.  How do you rationalize seeking Romo?   And I like Romo.  He would have made sense with the 2010 roster.  Not this collection of stiffs.

There is no logic in it whatsoever.  I am going to beat you STB type guys over the head with this until it sinks in.

Four. Year. Rebuild.  No "win now" trades.  No free agency splurging.  Fill holes one at time through the draft.  That's it.

I can't agree with this enough. Just tell the fans that you're rebuilding. Go with a youth movement and sprinkle in a few vets here and there. 

51 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Four year rebuild? Really? So when we are ready, our QB (Hack?), Sheldon, Leo, Lee, all the WRs, and any player we draft this next draft will require a new contract, and hopefully big contracts. Where's the rebuild then if you have to let go a bunch of starters for cap issues? NFL teams can't afford 4 year rebuilds. 2 years max. 

Archived