Giving Anderson credit

CobraVerde

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

We need an immediate impact player in round 1 an edge rusher OLB would be nice or a game changing RB or a top CB. 

Edge rusher, left tackle, top flight corner and QB are all top needs. WR is fine. RB is deep in 2017 and can be found in the 3rd or 4th round. 

14 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Edge rusher, left tackle, top flight corner and QB are all top needs. WR is fine. RB is deep in 2017 and can be found in the 3rd or 4th round. 

Is there a LT or a QB worth taking top 5?

Edge rusher, totally agree if one falls to us.  You HAVE to have those guys.  If super WR falls to use, great.  Marshall is 32, and Decker has been hurt 2 out of 3 years.

20 hours ago, David Harris said:

He's what Devin Smith was supposed to be.

Seriously, if Devin Smith was doing exactly what Anderson is doing now we'd be pretty happy and think a 2nd round pick was appropriate.

Anderson is still just a rookie.  I think he's got real knuckle head potential so I don't know if he'll progress up to his physical potential but he has top tier speed and leaping ability, at times has shown very good hands and has above average fight on 50/50 balls.

Knuckle head potential? Based on what?

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Anderson 1 fumble 2 drops. Mitchell 0 fumbles 1 drop. Not a significant difference. Mitchell is a 4th round pick. Anderson is an UDFA. Significant difference. 

Whats with the anderson hate?  He didnt even require a draft pick to get and is learning on the fly on how to be an nfl reciever.

Led the team in recieving this week.  Undrafted free agents from temple shouldnt even be in he league.  This guy is surpassing all expectations.

1 hour ago, chirorob said:

Is there a LT or a QB worth taking top 5?

Edge rusher, totally agree if one falls to us.  You HAVE to have those guys.  If super WR falls to use, great.  Marshall is 32, and Decker has been hurt 2 out of 3 years.

Not that I've read on LT or QB. WR is not a need unless the cut Marshall and Decker. 

1 hour ago, section314 said:

You are talking about a legitimate #1 receiver for years. To me, that's not a luxury, it's a necessity. 

WRs are a dime a dozen. No need to take one in the top 5. Especially on a rebuilding team with 4 solid young receivers already. 

32 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Whats with the anderson hate?  He didnt even require a draft pick to get and is learning on the fly on how to be an nfl reciever.

Led the team in recieving this week.  Undrafted free agents from temple shouldnt even be in he league.  This guy is surpassing all expectations.

Ask JoeWilly. He hates the guy for some reason. 

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

No I dont Tiger Beat Carl don't put words in my mouth I just hope he improves and he should with a legitimate QB and hope Bryce Petty is that guy. 

Actually you said he sucks, he's a stickman, can't take an NFL hit.

3 minutes ago, Joejet said:

He has improved a lot.  Does he need to improve more?  Sure he does but he has come a long way from training camp until now. Those two catches that he went up to get were big time.

Agree JO he played a big part in yesterdays win, hopefully he can do it against better teams. 

5 hours ago, rangerous said:

no doubt about moss.  the guy was an awesome receiver.  imo smith just isn't giving it his all.  when he plays he seems tentative and he seemed to be getting more nicked up than he should be.  anderson is upbeat and always ready.  and after seeing some of the hits he's taken it's amazing he still grabs passes out of the air.

Yeah, Moss was just a monster.  It's a shame he got stuck in Oakland for awhile because his career would have looked even better without that place.  I remember when the Pats traded for him, Jet forums (I forget which one, some rudimentary one) had fans claiming he was over the hill and it was a sign of desperation.  

I think the main reason he looked tentative last year was because the situation wasn't right for him at all.  

5 hours ago, section314 said:

You draft Mike Williams from Clemson this year and you can say this for the next 8-10 years.

While Williams stands out in this class, we have so many other areas of need though.  

Assuming no drastic changes, Marshall/Decker/Enunwa/Anderson/Smith/Peake with Jalin most likely left off is the depth chart now.  To bring in Williams, we would have to drop Peake, who has been a very good gunner in special teams this year.  While Williams is great, the upgrade from Peake to Williams is substantial, but there are other areas where the talent defect is even wider.  Especially if we move on from Revis.

This year's draft is loaded at CB and RB, so I would probably go there since both are areas of possible need.  CB then RB.  

10 hours ago, JetBlue said:

Knuckle head potential? Based on what?

Missed 2014 season after being suspended for academic purposes and elements of his game fell off in 2015. 

-------

that is from a predraft scouting report.

He doesn't seem very intelligent to me based on the interviews I have seen. He also has a reputation of overconfidence, that may not be a bad thing, but it may be as well hence my opinion he has potential to be a knucklehead.  Personally I also think less of people with neck tattoos and/or full body tattoos. That's admittedly a personal bias.  

So knucklehead potential, maybe not but there's some potential.

3 hours ago, David Harris said:

Missed 2014 season after being suspended for academic purposes and elements of his game fell off in 2015. 

-------

He doesn't seem very intelligent to me based on the interviews I have seen. He also has a reputation of overconfidence, that may not be a bad thing, but it may be as well hence my opinion he has potential to be a knucklehead.  Personally I also think less of people with neck tattoos and/or full body tattoos. That's admittedly a personal bias.  

Lol, I was thinking the same thing when I saw the neck tattoos. To each his own but what do you do if you blow your knee out? "Would you like cream & sugar?".

5 hours ago, David Harris said:

-------

I read about the kid and also saw him interviewed. I think that is bunch of horsesh*t.   He is a typical young kid who didn't take school as seriously as he should have; nothing more or nothing less.   He has done nothing on or off the field for anyone to come to the conclusion that he has "knucklehead" potential.    If that is the case so does everybody including you and I. 

3 hours ago, JetBlue said:

I read about the kid and also saw him interviewed. I think that is bunch of horsesh*t.   He is a typical young kid who didn't take school as seriously as he should have; nothing more or nothing less.   He has done nothing on or off the field for anyone to come to the conclusion that he has "knucklehead" potential.    If that is the case so does everybody including you and I. 

Ok pal. Sounds good.

11 hours ago, David Harris said:

-------

He's probably not the the brightest bulb on the tree  http://www.newyorkjets.com/videos/videos/Postgame_OnField_1on1_with_Robby_Anderson/3ddf5362-2ab6-4561-a5ba-fbdf6790e10b

But I can't recall anything that indicates he's a bad guy, or a locker room problem.  he keeps on high pointing the ball the way he has been, and running past guys I don't care if he can't read

24 minutes ago, flgreen said:

He's probably not the the brightest bulb on the tree  http://www.newyorkjets.com/videos/videos/Postgame_OnField_1on1_with_Robby_Anderson/3ddf5362-2ab6-4561-a5ba-fbdf6790e10b

But I can't recall anything that indicates he's a bad guy, or a locker room problem.  he keeps on high pointing the ball the way he has been, and running past guys I don't care if he can't read

I don't care if he's in Mensa, can he run a route tree and catch a football?

Archived