Will the Bills release Tyrod Taylor?

Maxman

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I wish the Jets had a playmaker like LeSean McCoy. He drives that offense, not Tyrod. 

So Lesean McCoy, a part-time RB, is the only reason the Bills had a top 10 offense?

He had a very good season but jeez, even the Jets have better players at the skill positions.

21 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

So Lesean McCoy, a part-time RB, is the only reason the Bills had a top 10 offense?

He had a very good season but jeez, even the Jets have better players at the skill positions.

Not the only reason, no. But the main reason for sure. The Bills average 20 yards less rushing per game than they do passing. Marinate on that one. Do a little research. It won't kill you. 

3 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Not the only reason, no. But the main reason for sure. The Bills average 20 yards less rushing per game than they do passing. 

Because Taylor also averages about 40 yards per game rushing while his receivers were JAGs.

I did plenty of research skippy.  Are you going to tell me next that Karlos Williams is the reason Taylor had a 99.4 QBR in 2015?

4 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Because Taylor also averages about 40 yards per game rushing while his receivers were JAGs.

I did plenty of research skippy.  Are you going to tell me next that Karlos Williams is the reason Taylor had a 99.4 QBR in 2015?

Did you just compare LeSean McCoy to Karlos Williams? Really? Jesus. 

I would rather have Tyrod than Glennon. That's for damn sure. I don't know if I give him a huge contract but I would sign this guy if the Bills let him go. Why would they start Manuel over this guy? I know a meaningless game at the end of the season but I would rather go with the guy who gives you the best chance to win. Wait that sounds familiar........

3 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Did you just compare LeSean McCoy to Karlos Williams? Really? Jesus. 

Stop alright.  You think Taylor sucks even though he's been very good last 2 seasons with mostly crap wide receivers and a Head Coach who knows 0 about offense.

Yeah I'm sure Bryce Petty would look great throwing to Robert Woods.

3 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Stop alright.  You think Taylor sucks even though he's been very good last 2 seasons with mostly crap wide receivers and a Head Coach who knows 0 about offense.

Yeah I'm sure Bryce Petty would look great throwing to Robert Woods.

Not sure what Bryce Petty has to do with this conversation, but any QB would look good with McCoy behind him. And most would throw for more than 190 yards a game. It's a passing league. Taylor isn't getting this team to the playoffs or to the next level. Period. 

12 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

I would rather have Tyrod than Glennon. That's for damn sure. I don't know if I give him a huge contract but I would sign this guy if the Bills let him go. Why would they start Manuel over this guy? I know a meaningless game at the end of the season but I would rather go with the guy who gives you the best chance to win. Wait that sounds familiar........

Injury clause in the contract.  They don't want to pay him gtd money if he gets hurt in week 17.

Those knocking Tyrod should see this thread from a Bills forum on the guy.

Yea there are a few who knock him but they definitely are in the minority.

Remember he was the QB Rex wanted to initially bring to the Jets..

http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?538144-Tyrod-finishes-season-with-top-10-PFF-grade-84-7

Also the following quote from Bills Poster says it all..

"This knock on Taylor that everyone, including myself at times, has parroted, about him not "seeing the middle of the field well", honestly, a good OC who knows that can develop game plans that get him out of the pocket so he can. Which is exactly what A. Lynn has done with him...almost always since taking over. Tyrod CAN be used to get wins, and another GM somewhere is going to see that."

10 hours ago, drdetroit said:

Cardale Jones looked good in preseason and has been looking good in practice.  Has higher upside than Taylor and way cheaper

Why won't they play him then?  What are you basing his looking good in practice on?

10 hours ago, Mecca said:

Romo is not going to be a backup next year. He has too much pride and his contract is too large.

Chicago is terrible and years away. He's going to go to a team on the bubble. 

I said Buffalo because they've been 9-7 to 8-8 3 straight seasons and will be looking to go all in next year with a new HC as well.

I could see him in Denver, they are a QB away from the playoffs.

10 hours ago, Mecca said:

This post is so bad I don't know where to begin. 

- Watkins has essentially been a decoy most of the games he's played in, even admitting he's not 100%.

- Tyrod played fantastic in the 16-0 shutout to New England. One of only 2 games the Pats lost ALL year.

- Tyrod just had 390 total yards of offense with 3 passing TD's and 0 turnovers against the playoff Miami Dolphins. 

issa L

They have only beaten one team over .500 and that was New England with their third string QB.

5 hours ago, AFJF said:

In a nutshell...young guys who can make everyvthrow and have proven they can produce at the pro level and do a good job of protecting the football.

When was the last time the Jets had anything remotely close to that?

In my time as a fan (29 years), I'm thinking...never.

I've also watched Glennon play at a high level against good/elite defenses with very little supporting cast.

Tyrod is my absolute # 1 hope for this offseason.

Glennon, I have no idea about. But I don't want them sitting back, take chances at the QB position. If you have 4 QBs, you have no QB apparently.

7 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Glennon, I have no idea about. But I don't want them sitting back, take chances at the QB position. If you have 4 QBs, you have no QB apparently.

What kind of contract would you give to Tyrod hypothetically speaking? They invested in Hack a 2nd round pick. Whomever they bring in is going to be a bridge type QB and not a guy looking for multiple years and big time money. I don't think Tyrod is worth a long term investment. This is a passing league and you can't win consistently with less than 200 yards a game passing. Especially when there isn't an offensive line or a running game that the Jets have that can rack up 170 yards a game. 

5 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

What kind of contract would you give to Tyrod hypothetically speaking? They invested in Hack a 2nd round pick. Whomever they bring in is going to be a bridge type QB and not a guy looking for multiple years and big time money. I don't think Tyrod is worth a long term investment. This is a passing league and you can't win consistently with less than 200 yards a game passing. Especially when there isn't an offensive line or a running game that the Jets have that can rack up 170 yards a game. 

Well who would be in the Tyrod sweepstakes? Browns, 49ers and Jets? 3 years 45 million. Macc gives an out for year 3 like he has done with the other contracts.

I can't see Hack being ready to start next year if they aren't comfortable letting him play a meaningless week 17 game. And Petty, I am not feeling good about him. He got hurt in 3 different games this year. It is a tough sport but 3 times when he wasn't playing much, that is rough.

Bring on Tyrod.

One clarification...I am assuming that Bowles will be back. If Bowles is fired, they damn well better hire an offensive coach. Then he decides, you don't stick him with a game manager if he has the ability to put together a high powered offense.

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Knowing the stupidity of the owner and curse of this franchise we either trade for Romo or just stick             Petty and Hack

41 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Knowing the stupidity of the owner and curse of this franchise we either trade for Romo or just stick             Petty and Hack

I deleted your other post and edited this one. Don't call out other posters, and no personal attacks.

7 hours ago, Maxman said:

Well who would be in the Tyrod sweepstakes? Browns, 49ers and Jets? 3 years 45 million. Macc gives an out for year 3 like he has done with the other contracts.

I can't see Hack being ready to start next year if they aren't comfortable letting him play a meaningless week 17 game. And Petty, I am not feeling good about him. He got hurt in 3 different games this year. It is a tough sport but 3 times when he wasn't playing much, that is rough.

Bring on Tyrod.

One clarification...I am assuming that Bowles will be back. If Bowles is fired, they damn well better hire an offensive coach. Then he decides, you don't stick him with a game manager if he has the ability to put together a high powered offense.

I believe they are going to cut Tyrod...it will be interesting to see if a team claims him.

You think the Jets will pick up his contract?  

On 2016-12-27 at 9:37 AM, Mecca said:

Playing QB match maker.

- Bills, Romo, draft Watson

- 9ers - Trubinsky, Foles

- Bears - retain Hoyer, Kizer

- Jaguars - Cutler, retain Bortles

- Rams - Kaep to back up Goff

- Browns - Glennon

- Jets - Tyrod

I honestly see this playing out. I wouldn't be surprised if I aced this.

If acing means getting Tyrod to the Jets wrong, which will probably make the Bills one wrong.  Tyrod is not going anywhere with that contract he just signed.  Almost $19 million in dead money to eat in 2017 if he is not on the team?  I think not.

15 hours ago, AFJF said:

In a nutshell...young guys who can make everyvthrow and have proven they can produce at the pro level and do a good job of protecting the football.

When was the last time the Jets had anything remotely close to that?

In my time as a fan (29 years), I'm thinking...never.

I've also watched Glennon play at a high level against good/elite defenses with very little supporting cast.

But we have that in Hackenberg.  A young guy who can make all the throws and performed well in high school/first year of college.

Why not try him?  Glennon would cost us $12-15 million a year to put the same product on the field as Hack who won't cost us that.

12 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

But we have that in Hackenberg.  A young guy who can make all the throws and performed well in high school/first year of college.

Why not try him?  Glennon would cost us $12-15 million a year to put the same product on the field as Hack who won't cost us that.

You guys are such homers

Hack is horrible.  Our coaching staff is hiding him for a reason

I don't see the Tampa coaching staff forcing Glennon to wear fleece sweaters on the sidelines and fill water bottles like Hack

1 hour ago, CanadaSteve said:

If acing means getting Tyrod to the Jets wrong, which will probably make the Bills one wrong.  Tyrod is not going anywhere with that contract he just signed.  Almost $19 million in dead money to eat in 2017 if he is not on the team?  I think not.

That's not accurate according to over the cap. It's about 3 million in dead money and 13 million in cap savings. 

13 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

That's not accurate according to over the cap. It's about 3 million in dead money and 13 million in cap savings. 

Yeah Jason posted about it here himself. It is a very real possibility that Tyrod gets cut, they benched him for "business reasons" so his guarantee doesn't kick in if he gets hurt.

14 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

Someone doesn't know the actual contract.

His contract is almost like a team option. The dead money is minimal.

6 hours ago, drdetroit said:

I have a bad feeling that's Woody's plan is Romo

I swear to you it's going to happen. Just another bandaid on this inept organization. We're going to go 8-8 with Romo 'grooming' Hack until the sky falls in 2018 and we're back at square one.

23 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

I thought that was the reason that the owners wanted Tyrod out of the last game.  Something about if he gets injured his contract next year is guaranteed.  THat was the straw that broke the camels back with REx being let go since he was going to play Tyrod.  SOmething ANthony Lynn made known was a management decision and not his decision for the last game.

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

Yeah Jason posted about it here himself. It is a very real possibility that Tyrod gets cut, they benched him for "business reasons" so his guarantee doesn't kick in if he gets hurt.

why not just cut him now if they are worried about him getting injured. He could trip getting onto the practice field and be injured.

9 hours ago, Mecca said:

I swear to you it's going to happen. Just another bandaid on this inept organization. We're going to go 8-8 with Romo 'grooming' Hack until the sky falls in 2018 and we're back at square one.

We're not going 8-8 with Romo the guy won't survive the season

Which means Petty starts which means another miserable year

Archived