Will the Bills release Tyrod Taylor?

Maxman

7 minutes ago, Mecca said:

This post is so bad I don't know where to begin. 

- Watkins has essentially been a decoy most of the games he's played in, even admitting he's not 100%.

- Tyrod played fantastic in the 16-0 shutout to New England. One of only 2 games the Pats lost ALL year.

- Tyrod just had 390 total yards of offense with 3 passing TD's and 0 turnovers against the playoff Miami Dolphins. 

issa L

cool, your entitled to your opinion, I strongly disagree about Tyrod. Teams don't let good QBs get away when they have nothing to replace him with. 

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, August said:

I get that but Taylor has proven himself in actual games. Cardale not so much. And it might not translate into real games. 

The Pegulas are showing themselves to be impatient 

Terry is used to making immediate cash with his fracking business and Kim, who actually manages the team, is used to everything being great in her life

That's why Rex is getting fired after two years and not even having a losing season

12 minutes ago, Mecca said:

This post is so bad I don't know where to begin. 

- Watkins has essentially been a decoy most of the games he's played in, even admitting he's not 100%.

- Tyrod played fantastic in the 16-0 shutout to New England. One of only 2 games the Pats lost ALL year.

- Tyrod just had 390 total yards of offense with 3 passing TD's and 0 turnovers against the playoff Miami Dolphins. 

issa L

Lol

Don't bother with these guys they think Bryce freaking Petty should be the starting QB next season without even a vet to compete with him

Tyrod Taylor isn't the problem with the Bills, it's the horrible defense that craps out every time they need it to come up big. A defense put together by Wrecks and his equally inept brother, Rob. When those two losers are shown the door Sunday, the search for a real coach will begin. At least the new coach will have a QB.

38 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Tyrod Taylor with our receivers would be a force to be reckon with

He's had a good season throwing to absolute scrubs

I agree. You snag Taylor, you draft either Fournette or Cook, whoever you will be the best NFL player & your in business. Looks like Shell might be our answer at RT (imagine if he's 3/4 the player Art was?). 

That means you try to renegotiate Mangold, lower his salary but give him 2 years if he wants to stay. Trade Sheldon to Dallas for Ron Leary.

Now you have a QB with escape ability which really helps the tackles.

So you have LT?, Carpenter, Mangold, Leary, Shell. That's a pretty good Oline! With the biggest question being LT. Macc might have to sign a short term older hold the fort vet. But maybe we can find a LT in the 2nd round this year? 

Im not a big fan of resigning Mangold but if he agrees to a lower salary & 2 years he could retire a NY Jet. I'd cut Marshall (disruption seems to follow this guy & he's never been to the playoffs, we have to remove bad mojo from this team).  Decker-Enunwa-Anderson-Smith-Peake-ASJ is plenty to work with. You add a dynamic RB like Fournette or Cook & you've got some explosion now that you have 3 WRs with 4-2 to 4-4 speed out there in Anderson, Smith & Enunwa. 

14 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Lol

Don't bother with these guys they think Bryce freaking Petty should be the starting QB next season without even a vet to compete with him

Who said anything close to that? Do you hear voices in your head that tell you these things?

7 hours ago, Maxman said:

It seems like they either have to give him the 15 million guarantee or waive him, right? The cap # would be crazy otherwise.

What do you think he would get on the open market? Sorry to put you on the spot. :)

Id guess in the ballpark of $15M on the high end if a team is really into him.  Follow a pattern similar to Kaepernick or Dalton deals which are team friendly contracts. The big question I would have in giving him a figure that high though is how many teams will be into signing him. Just two years ago as a backup he had minimal interest and signed in Buffalo for around $2M a year or something like that. Im not sure how much that opinion would change from not wanting him a $2-3M vs wanting him at $15M off the two Bills seasons especially in light of the dumpster fire known as Brock Osweiler. My guess is the majority of teams would see the Bills stint as enough to go to like $7.5 ot $8M per year on a two year deal. Thats kind of where the market is for the RG3 guys and where Denver (which might be a ogical choice for Taylor) was willing to go for Kaepernick. The higher end of the question mark starters was Nick Foles around $12M which is what Fitzpatrick presumably used to leverage his $12M deal. Jets never really wanted to go above $7 until they seemed to panic at the end. Most of these players all flopped too. Once you get into the $15M range its no longer a question mark and he is without a doubt the starter. 

Tyrod is the one thing Rex got right in Buffalo.  The fact that the kid is producing despite one of the least QB-friendly NFL HC's in the business makes him at least a solid starter (maybe even a franchise QB).  It would be insanity for the Bills to let him go, and if he came loose, you go after him, absolutely.

This isn't an ordinary "castoff".  This is a young QB with serious talent that would make Jets games exciting and give us a chance to win nearly every week. 

21 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

The Pegulas are showing themselves to be impatient 

Terry is used to making immediate cash with his fracking business and Kim, who actually manages the team, is used to everything being great in her life

That's why Rex is getting fired after two years and not even having a losing season

I didn't know all of that. 

2 minutes ago, August said:

I didn't know all of that. 

Let's hope she's an idiot & lets Taylor go. Sign him, draft Fournette or Cook & lets have at least some damn offensive excitement next year! Taylor can get the ball deep to Anderson, Peake, Smith, Enunwa. Plus you can play some games with him if you have a great RB on the goaline. We have 4 WRs that can run under 4-4. Talk about opening lanes for a RB or if Tyrod has to scramble!

Plus he actually throws the ball away like a SMART QB when he has to. Something Geno & Petty can't seem to do. Nothing wrong with living for another play. 

Taylor is okay.

For that reason the Bills probably do not dump him but if they do there will be some competition to pick him up from the rest of the teams at the bottom. If he is dumped he will command a lot more money than Glennon, Geno or any of the other non-starter garbage that teams will throw away in the offseason. He's started the past two years and teams can fairly assess his skills. It isn't taking a chance on the hope some other team was wrong about a guy riding pine the last two years. 

We would likely have to pay him more money than a bridge player is worth. I'm not sure it makes sense to give up that much cap space over drafting another QB and letting three young guys battle it out while we spend on other problem areas.

I am absolutely flabbergasted at how many fans of and the love of frigin tyrod taylor.

If we want to pay a Qb 16 million a year and a Qb that will be 11-19 for 151 yards, 1 td and 1 int and run for 53 yards every single game then he is your guy,

Buffalo was the leading rushing team this year, tyalor will fall hard on his ass like a sanchez if you try and put more on him.

We are desperate but I'd rather have a glennon or a cutler.

Fools gold.

If they release him, which they might if Jets make them look terrible in the last game, we need to sign him the moment he becomes available. Give him the long term contract and build the franchise around him. 
Sweaten up the running game and the OLine and watch this man flourish. 

Why would you want to sign a QB that our defense could make look terrible?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Any Jet fan that says they wouldn't take Tyrod hasn't watched the Jets since 2008. If you got Taylor you could still bring Hack along slowly, draft Fournet, trade Decker, Richardson, Pryor, for whatever picks you can get for them.
Once Richardsons gone, Marshall head will clear. Tyrod can throw bullets, Marshall would love more quick back shoulder throws.

Are you saying Sheldon Richardson is the reason that Brandon Marshall has been dropping passes all season?

He's being benched and if they foolishly don't want him I'll take him. He's no Unitas but he is a capable starter with good running ability. Seems like the owners are running the show in Buff. Which means they have a steep hill to climb. Doug Marrone knew what he was doing 2 years ago. I don't even think that Rex deserved to be fired after two seasons even though I dislike the guy. 

3 hours ago, Snell41 said:

Tyrod brings you average. That's what he is overall, just average. If he was anything more than that BUF wouldn't even think of letting him go. Yea, he's better than anything we currently have by a mile, but I'd much rather keep swinging for the fences at the risk of striking out.

I disagree, primarily because of his age. Here is a guy that doesn't turn the ball over and is still in his 20's. He has only played two full years. His best years are ahead of him.

Benching him this week is a strong indication that he could hit the market. If so, I hope the Jets lock him up.

I disagree, primarily because of his age. Here is a guy that doesn't turn the ball over and is still in his 20's. He has only played two full years. His best years are ahead of him.
Benching him this week is a strong indication that he could hit the market. If so, I hope the Jets lock him up.

I disagree, but I do like your mobile app! Free at last from Tapatalk!

7 hours ago, Jetster said:

I agree. You snag Taylor, you draft either Fournette or Cook, whoever you will be the best NFL player & your in business. Looks like Shell might be our answer at RT (imagine if he's 3/4 the player Art was?). 

That means you try to renegotiate Mangold, lower his salary but give him 2 years if he wants to stay. Trade Sheldon to Dallas for Ron Leary.

Now you have a QB with escape ability which really helps the tackles.

So you have LT?, Carpenter, Mangold, Leary, Shell. That's a pretty good Oline! With the biggest question being LT. Macc might have to sign a short term older hold the fort vet. But maybe we can find a LT in the 2nd round this year? 

Im not a big fan of resigning Mangold but if he agrees to a lower salary & 2 years he could retire a NY Jet. I'd cut Marshall (disruption seems to follow this guy & he's never been to the playoffs, we have to remove bad mojo from this team).  Decker-Enunwa-Anderson-Smith-Peake-ASJ is plenty to work with. You add a dynamic RB like Fournette or Cook & you've got some explosion now that you have 3 WRs with 4-2 to 4-4 speed out there in Anderson, Smith & Enunwa. 

I think Mangold is done and even if he's not he is not worth even $5-6 mil which is the most drastic paycut he'd be willing to accept.  Even if his ankle heals properly he's at best an ok player at this stage of his career.

Sign AQ Shipley from Arizona to be our starting Center next year.

19 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

He's being benched and if they foolishly don't want him I'll take him. He's no Unitas but he is a capable starter with good running ability. Seems like the owners are running the show in Buff. Which means they have a steep hill to climb. Doug Marrone knew what he was doing 2 years ago. I don't even think that Rex deserved to be fired after two seasons even though I dislike the guy. 

Bills are turning into a complete sh_tshow.

Fire Rex even though they were competitive this season and 8-8 last year.  Benching Taylor to start EJ Manuel over Cardale Jones just shows stupiditiy on their part.

Kim Pegula is running the show up there in Buffalo.  Beautiful lady but she knows nothing about football.

635755721395451855-JG-080715-Kim-Pegula-

Bills are turning into a complete sh_tshow.

Fire Rex even though they were competitive this season and 8-8 last year.  Benching Taylor to start EJ Manuel over Cardale Jones just shows stupiditiy on their part.

Kim Pegula is running the show up there in Buffalo.  Beautiful lady but she knows nothing about football.
635755721395451855-JG-080715-Kim-Pegula-6.jpg

Holy sh*t she's the Yoko of football!!

7 hours ago, section314 said:

Tyrod Taylor isn't the problem with the Bills, it's the horrible defense that craps out every time they need it to come up big. A defense put together by Wrecks and his equally inept brother, Rob. When those two losers are shown the door Sunday, the search for a real coach will begin. At least the new coach will have a QB.

The Bills offense was ranked 7th this year.  

We wish we were ranked 7th this year....

10 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

You're a pretty level headed guy here but your QB stance confuses me. You'd happily take Tyrod and you're in favor of Glennon. My simple question is why? Why do you want other teams mediocre to below average cast offs? Are they better than what the Jets currently have? Sure but the margin is not that great. They're guys that will make a few plays, make you want to tear your hair out but never get you to where you want to go. Neither guy is getting a team to the playoffs, forget the Super Bowl. Why not aspire for something better? I'm all for upgrading the QB position, but you don't band aid a gaping hole in someone's stomach. That's what those guys are. Bottom third of the league guys who look good only because the Jets QB situation looks so bleak. 

In a nutshell...young guys who can make everyvthrow and have proven they can produce at the pro level and do a good job of protecting the football.

When was the last time the Jets had anything remotely close to that?

In my time as a fan (29 years), I'm thinking...never.

I've also watched Glennon play at a high level against good/elite defenses with very little supporting cast.

1 minute ago, Charlie Brown said:

The Bills offense was ranked 7th this year.  

We wish we were ranked 7th this year....

With scrubs like Marquise Goodwin and Robert Woods as Taylor's primary receivers.

Did you Taylor play @Seattle?  He would have won the game if it wasn't for a botched call by the refs -- Fitzgarbage and Petty only wish they could play like that.

Archived