The St. Louis Jets?

UnitedWhofans

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was born and raised in St. Louis and witnessed not one but two NFL team buses heading off to another city. It's not a good feeling. I do not want the Jets fans to go through that. St. Louis supported the Rams through thick and thin. Stan Kroenke made it seem like St. Louis was not a viable market and that's total bullsh*t. The TWA dome was rocking for many years even during the 1-15, 2-14, 3-13 years; I mean the Rams won its only Super Bowl here. We the tax payers offered to build a brand new river front stadium to keep them, and yet the franchise left. St. Louis is an NFL city; we just need our own team. An expansion team would do very well in St. Louis. I wish Georgia Frontiere had never moved the Rams to St. Louis. In 1994 St. Louis was set to to get an expansion team in the St. Louis Stallions after a failed attempt to buy and move the Cheaters. Here comes Georgia with her hand out for the best deal in the NFL for any of the franchises (worst for a city). St. Louis was so desperate for a franchise that a new dome was built, LA's PSLs were paid off, and a deal to where if the stadium wasn't in the top of the heap the Rams could leave. This was exposed by Stan Kroenke the business shark and despite our best efforts to keep the Rams the franchise packed up and moved to the city that only supports winning franchises. That 2002 expansion team awarded to Houston should have been ours. Anyway, good luck to you guys and I hope the Titans of New York stay put.

On 1/13/2017 at 11:23 AM, section314 said:

1) NFL won't let a team leave the New York area. 2) St. Louis has lost 2 franchises in the last 30 years or so. You don't have to be a genius to see that.

Its about ownership NOT cities that may have lost a franchise (or two). If the Busch family has the resources and will build a stadium the NFL will let it happen. I say go ahead, I have had about enough of the freakin Jets anyway. I could then root for who the F ever I wanted after that. 

12 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

and play in a downtown stadium, does Woody still own the rights to the Westside Stadium location? 

West Side Stadium, which Woody owns nothing to, would be amazing

Dolans would be no improvement over Woody despite that though

3 hours ago, JiF said:

Wait what?  That NFL is going to expand 4 teams but they're going move an original AFL team to a sh*t hole only to backfill them in NY?

i don't even...

That back-fill will be incredibly lucrative for the collective NFL owners.  

Would anyone be opposed if the Jet name stayed and a new owner built a stadium in NY for a team that is supposed to be a NY team? Don't give me that 8 games a year bullspit either. Dinkins built a stadium for 1 event a year and that was okay but the Jets aren't worthy? Another venue for concerts etc. would benefit the city. IF the name stayed and they were a team that played its home games within the actual State of NY I would not have a problem with it. The shape of this team is almost at the expansion level anyway with all its need's. Why would anyone be opposed if they were still the NY Jets actually playing in NY?

This is such a waste of time thread.  The Jets spent millions building a state of the art training facility in Florham Park and have a long term lease on a stadium that they invested millions to build.  Despite being a poor team in 2016 they still drew large crowds and because of a comment by Carton on WFAN, which has not been reported anywhere of reputation, a thread was made. Really it must be the off season!

28 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

This is such a waste of time thread.  The Jets spent millions building a state of the art training facility in Florham Park and have a long term lease on a stadium that they invested millions to build.  Despite being a poor team in 2016 they still drew large crowds and because of a comment by Carton on WFAN, which has not been reported anywhere of reputation, a thread was made. Really it must be to off season!

The Giants would buy the Florham Park facility and buyout the Jets in the stadium deal in a heartbeat. 

Its about ownership NOT cities that may have lost a franchise (or two). If the Busch family has the resources and will build a stadium the NFL will let it happen. I say go ahead, I have had about enough of the freakin Jets anyway. I could then root for who the F ever I wanted after that. 

STL did not deserve to lose either of those franchises. They provided great fan support to both.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

No way. I would say that the NFL would be idiots to let a long standing NY franchise move to a loser city like St. Louis (there's a reason why three franchises have left), but then again, we're talking about Roger Goodell, whose stupidity level genuinely scares me. 

Have you ever been to STL? It's a great place to work and live.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

2 minutes ago, Schwerb22 said:

I know how you all feel. I live in St. Louis. Been Rams PSL owners since they moved here. I don't wish this feeling on even Cub fans. I hope the Jets stay. The NFL is run by a bunch of idiots and this plan has too many moving parts. No way

Wow. So what happens with your PSL? Were you financing it or is it paid in full? Sorry.

Archived