Geno to Marshall part 2......lol

johnnyjet

Can't wait for the 3rd pre season game.  That snoopy trophy is as good as ours. 

Geno,the Giant. Wow it has such a sweet ring to it.  I really hope Eli gets a bad flu bug and they need to start Geno and he sharts, sh*ts and pukes the bed.  

Pending physical they they are signing him btw. 

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn Giants.  Take our best WR, best QB, third best Dlineman (Leo and Shelodon are better than Snacks), and potentially our best olineman.

And we steal Dallas' best CB.

Makes ya wonder if we're basically the Giants' wingman partner.  Kinda like in racing where a team has multiple drivers and they all help one guy win.

27 minutes ago, johnnyjet said:

Geno,the Giant. Wow it has such a sweet ring to it.  I really hope Eli gets a bad flu bug and they need to start Geno and he sharts, sh*ts and pukes the bed.  

What makes you think Smith will be the back up?

Would be funny if they signed IKE, after all, they seem to like our throwaways. Having said that, I guess the Giants finally realized Ryan Nassib cannot play.

But imagine if Geno Smith turns out to be good with them? What would that say about us?

By the way, anyone else wondering if our Jets have a clue what they are doing?

33 minutes ago, johnnyjet said:

umm, right now, even the Giants sh!tshow (backups) are better than our starters. 

1 hour ago, johnnyjet said:

That Snoopy trophy has been about all we have won in many years................

1 hour ago, Mike135 said:

Damn Giants.  Take our best WR, best QB, third best Dlineman (Leo and Shelodon are better than Snacks), and potentially our best olineman.

Makes ya wonder if we're basically the Giants' wingman partner.  Kinda like in racing where a team has multiple drivers and they all help one guy win.

You made us sound more like their AAA affiliate that feeds them our best talent. 

They also did the same with Kareem McKenzie. 

9 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

You made us sound more like their AAA affiliate that feeds them our best talent. 

They also did the same with Kareem McKenzie. 

Pretty much.  Think we tried to give them Fitz and they weren't dumb enough to take the pos.

6 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Before I respond, are you suggesting we become Giant fans?

Not in the least.  

I'm stating (not suggesting) that you two have been obsessed with Geno Smith, and are almost assured to continue to be obsessed with Geno Smith going forward.

Lets not pretend the second Geno throws a TD in preseason, you (or he, or one JetDawgg) wouldn't be here starting threads about how dumb we were for letting him go.

I'm simply giving you a more appropriate location to vent your admiration for the man, given that he plays for them now.  Well, plays may be a bit much, maybe "carries the clipboard" would be more appropriate for now.

You can thank me later for the link.

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Not in the least.  

I'm stating (not suggesting) that you two have been obsessed with Geno Smith, and are almost assured to continue to be obsessed with Geno Smith going forward.

Lets not pretend the second Geno throws a TD in preseason, you (or he, or one JetDawgg) wouldn't be here starting threads about how dumb we were for letting him go.

I'm simply giving you a more appropriate location to vent your admiration for the man, given that he plays for them now.  Well, plays may be a bit much, maybe "carries the clipboard" would be more appropriate for now.

Darn.  I was kinda hoping you were insulting us by suggesting we become Giant fans.  Found a couple great insult videos that would've been a perfect response for that.  Eh, they'll have to wait for another time I suppose.

Also, on Geno.  I never wanted to draft the guy.  Didn't want him playing over Mark either.  Actually really disliked him at first.

It was how he persisted against such a complete $hit team/fanbase/situation that made me like the guy.  Plus the fact that he obviously was the most talented QB on the team the past couple years didn't hurt either.

I wish him all the best and almost feel the need to apologize for the Jets and the fans here.  

If he does well, will I bring it up here?  Absolutely.  As a team in QB hell for decades, we decided to play that piece of $hit Ryan Fitzpatrick instead of letting Geno play.  

Playing behind Eil probably means he won't get an opportunity, but I wish him well regardless.  Not saying he would have been a great or even good QB, but this organization made it impossible for him to try.

3 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

It was how he persisted against such a complete $hit team/fanbase/situation that made me like the guy.  Plus the fact that he obviously was the most talented QB on the team the past couple years didn't hurt either.

It's your utter disdain for reality that really does make me love you MIke.

I wish him all the best and almost feel the need to apologize for the Jets and the fans here.

I don't In anyone is owed an apology, it's Jets Fans.  Geno was a massive bust, and it was mostly his fault for being one.

If he does well, will I bring it up here?  Absolutely.

Shocking.;)

As a team in QB hell for decades, we decided to play that piece of $hit Ryan Fitzpatrick instead of letting Geno play.  

Playing time is earned, not given.  Geno never earned it.

Playing behind Eil probably means he won't get an opportunity, but I wish him well regardless.  Not saying he would have been a great or even good QB, but this organization made it impossible for him to try.

Self-Hating Jets Fans.  Gotta love it.

Good for Geno, hope the fresh start and new organization will allow him to leave all the Jets baggage in the other locker room.
If he gets a chance to start, I will surely watch and root for him to do well except when he plays the Jets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Not in the least.  

This has to go both ways. Meaning don't make threads about him if/when he throws a pick in a preseason game, deal? 

5 hours ago, j4jets said:

umm, right now, even the Giants sh!tshow (backups) are better than our starters. 

It's simple Geno Smith is far superior to me than Josh McCown whom the Jets are thinking about bringing in and that tells you all you need to know about what is happening in Jet land!!!

12 hours ago, Mike135 said:

Might as well let them take you while were at it. 

10 hours ago, fltflo said:

Good for Geno, hope the fresh start and new organization will allow him to leave all the Jets baggage in the other locker room.
If he gets a chance to start, I will surely watch and root for him to do well except when he plays the Jets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geno is like pigpen. Garbage just follows him wherever he goes. 

imagejpeg

Genos attitude sucked, that's why he's no longer here. To blame anything on Jet fans regarding Geno is ridiculous. If you don't take care of the ball in the NFL you'll be criticized for it. Geno had zero regard for protecting the ball, in fact, other than Fitz in 2015 (except his sh*tshow in Buffalo), we haven't had a QB that takes care of the ball in FOREVER! Freaking every single time the Jets let the leash off of Sanchez the ball was going the other way after a pick. Being fans of a team without a decent QB absolutely SUCKS. I like Macc but I'm at a point regarding anyone that GMs this team, the only criteria I care about is finding a f*cking QB & having the people we need here to develop him once we find him. Everything else is the moot. You can't compete without a QB. I'm sick of it! Find a god damned QB!

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

Genos attitude sucked, that's why he's no longer here. To blame anything on Jet fans regarding Geno is ridiculous. If you don't take care of the ball in the NFL you'll be criticized for it. Geno had zero regard for protecting the ball, in fact, other than Fitz in 2015 (except his sh*tshow in Buffalo), we haven't had a QB that takes care of the ball in FOREVER! Freaking every single time the Jets let the leash off of Sanchez the ball was going the other way after a pick. Being fans of a team without a decent QB absolutely SUCKS. I like Macc but I'm at a point regarding anyone that GMs this team, the only criteria I care about is finding a f*cking QB & having the people we need here to develop him once we find him. Everything else is the moot. You can't compete without a QB. I'm sick of it! Find a god damned QB!

+ 10000000000000000000000

3 hours ago, Jetster said:

Preach on brotha!

Was listening to Stephen A yesterday. He made a great point  about Geno signing with the Giants. Eli has never missed a game, therefore Geno will never get to play. Perfect situation for both parties. Referred to it as the "NFL's version of welfare."  Good line.

15 hours ago, Mike135 said:

Darn.  I was kinda hoping you were insulting us by suggesting we become Giant fans.  Found a couple great insult videos that would've been a perfect response for that.  Eh, they'll have to wait for another time I suppose.

Also, on Geno.  I never wanted to draft the guy.  Didn't want him playing over Mark either.  Actually really disliked him at first.

If he does well, will I bring it up here?  Absolutely.  As a team in QB hell for decades, we decided to play that piece of $hit Ryan Fitzpatrick instead of letting Geno play.  

Telling fans "Go f*ck yourself", skipping team meetings to see a movie, getting punched out over chump change by a teammate, and moping like a prissy child on national television during the Arizona game last year are hardly actions that I would define as "persisting", but that's just me.  After the Idzik disaster, he managed to get another GM and another coach, both with zero ties to him, to give him a legitimate shot with legitimate weapons and he f*cked it all up.

Geno has absolutely no one else but himself to blame for his Jets tenure.  I say that as someone who defended the idea of starting him all the way up until Fitzpatrick was resigned and it was clear that Geno was done here.

What's really insane is that the board is still arguing about Fitz/smith.  smith is right now a 3rd stringer with the Giants, Fitz, if he wants to play real cheap, may get picked up in camp by a desperate team, or he might be out of football.  Here we are arguing about them like either one is relevant in the NFL.  

12 minutes ago, flgreen said:

What's really insane is that the board is still arguing about Fitz/smith.  smith is right now a 3rd stringer with the Giants, Fitz, if he wants to play real cheap, may get picked up in camp by a desperate team, or he might be out of football.  Here we are arguing about them like either one is relevant in the NFL.  

I guess until we find a decent QB we argue.......

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

I guess until we find a decent QB we argue.......

Yeah but we're living in the past.  There's lots to argue about with what we have.

Petty's the future and got screwed by a lazy beaten team last year.  Hack is right on schedule.  Once he gets a few reps he'll be the next Marino.  He's a natural.

Or

Petty had his chance, he sucks anyone could see that in 4 games.  Hack can't hit the ocean from the end of the dock.

C'mom people stop living in 2016.  Get with it!

4 hours ago, Jetster said:

The way some people gave passes to Fitzpatrick despite his divisive behavior leads me to believe that no one gives a sh*t about "attitude" just as long as you find the guy "likeable". 

So Geno didn't cut down his turnovers between year 1 to year 2? 21 interceptions to 13 is not improving on taking care of the ball? Then you mention Fitzpatrick "taking care of the ball" yet he had 15 interceptions and led the league in dropped interceptions in 2015, an anomaly that clearly wasn't sustainable as we saw in 2016.

Archived