Looks like Mixon isn't even on our Draft Board....

JoJoTownsell1

2 hours ago, PepPep said:

I could care less if he is off the board. 

A- there are a number of better RB prospects in this draft

B- there are a ton of good RB prospects in this drafts

C- the Jets top need is not RB, not right now. I'd be totally fine if they don;t draft a RB this year, maybe sign an UDFA. I know this is a deep draft for RBs, which would suggest we should take one. But there are always a number of great RB prospects. I'd be fine with taking one next year. 

A is so false, with out the incident he goes top 5 book it.

5 hours ago, Warfish said:

Not picking a legit Top 5 Overall Prospect in the mid-rounds because of our GM's WIFE'S special interests and a few 98 year old intolerant fans who don't like 2nd chances for young black guys:  

Same Old Jets.

Right. It's because he's a black guy that only old people feel doesn't belong in the NFL.  Got it.  Not that he's the human embodiment of a piece of sh*t.  

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/21/joe-mixon-settles-civil-lawsuit-arising-from-2014-incident/

The criminal charges related to the devastating punch thrown by running back Joe Mixon at the face of a young woman in Oklahoma in July 2014 were resolved months ago. On Friday, the civil claim arising from the incident was settled.

““I am happy we were able to bring the lawsuit to an end,” victim Amelia Molitor said. “Joe and I were able to meet privately, without any attorneys, and talk about our experiences since that night. I am encouraged that we will both be able to move forward from here with our lives. From our private discussions I am satisfied that we are going to put this behind us and work towards helping others who may have found themselves in similar circumstances. I greatly appreciate his apology and I think the feelings he expressed were sincere. We both could have handled things differently. I believe if we had a chance to go back to that moment in time, the situation would not have ended the way it did.”

“I’m thankful Mia and I were able to talk privately,” Mixon said. “I was able to apologize to her one-to-one. The way I reacted that night, that’s not me. That’s not the way I was raised. I think she understands that. Talking together helps move us past what happened. I know I have to keep working to be a better person, and this is another step in that direction. I love working with kids, and I’m looking for more chances to do that kind of work. I want to lead a life that inspires them, and I hope I can lead by example from today forward.”

“Going forward, Joe and I agreed we needed to move on from this situation and focus on the future,” Molitor said. “I’m now planning to attend graduate school. I still plan to speak out and support other people, whether on college campuses or elsewhere, who are faced with overcoming difficult circumstances that have attracted intense public scrutiny. I’m finished talking about what happened that night with Joe. It’s time to move on from that. I wish Joe the best of luck in his future.”

The amount of the settlement was not disclosed, which is common when it comes to the resolution of civil cases. In this case, liability wasn’t an issue; the punch happened. The question is whether and to what extent a jury would have awarded significant financial damages to Ms. Molitor, with the primary factors being out-of-pocket expenses (typically, medical bills), pain and suffering, and emotional harm.

For both sides, the question becomes picking a value that both sides can live with, as opposed to rolling the dice on an outcome that one side or the other may have found to be completely unacceptable. Also, there’s value in not going through the stress and acrimony of a trial, and the agony of waiting for the jury to return its verdict. (Of all the things I don’t miss about practicing law, waiting for the jury to knock loudly and firmly on the door to the deliberation room is the thing I miss the least.)

It’s believed that the settlement consisted of a flat, finite sum, with no percentage of Mixon’s future earnings tied to the payment.

The settlement won’t hurt Mixon’s draft stock, which currently is the subject of much speculation and debate. For any team thinking about picking Mixon, that team will now be able to proceed without ever having to worry about a public trial in which Mixon would testify — and during which the video of the punch would be played multiple times, both in court and during any news coverage of the trial and its outcome.

And he doesn't need the jets if the reports are true if I where him I would rather play for packers anyway ..  Eagles, Raiders, Bucs also have serious interest in him as well. 

I hope this kid does well with his 2nd chance . There won't be another . 

6 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Right. It's because he's a black guy that only old people feel doesn't belong in the NFL.  Got it.  Not that he's the human embodiment of a piece of sh*t.  

Those stupid old people.  Always rambling on about how it's not cool to knock women unconscious.  Get with the times you old geezers.

11 hours ago, SR24 said:

Might not be a popularity opinion but if the kid can play we should go get him. We need playmakers bad, he sat out the 2014 season served his punishment. He's a solid rb and we need one. Not condoning what he did at all but He's a very talented running back 

By saying this you are condoning it. 

Would you hire a guy that punched a woman at your workplace? Or drove 150mph with a kid and a gun, like Sheldumb?

It is the same thing.

Please stop, he was 18 years old, she pushed his buttons, he reacted in a ridiculous manner & obviously has anger issues & a short fuse. I'm not condoning anything this kid did but the bottom line for me is this same organization signed one of the biggest pieces of sh*t to ever don an NFL uniform & that's Michael Vick. 

I don't care how long Vick spent in jail. He knowingly killed animals not once but many times in a sick & demented way consciously over & over without remorse until he got caught. Mixon made a terrible error of judgement in a split second and let his quick temper overtake him, something that can be handled with maturity & counciling.

13 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Again, the woman hit him, so her vagina does not make it worse because it's a vagina.

The other thing was not proven and has just surfaced before the draft so grain of salt. You can't stack two half things on top of each other and make them a whole thing.

What if you get scared half to death...twice?

16 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

A is so false, with out the incident he goes top 5 book it.

Well, agree to disagree. 

Personally, I think Fournette and Cook and better overall prospects in nearly every regard. I think Kamara, if not faster, is a quicker more elusive version of Mixon and can do a lot of the things Mixon can do. I think Foreman is a better power back, if that is what you are looking for. And he has the 'burst' to be a lead back. I think McCaffrey is more versatile, if that is what you are looking for in RB.  

4 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Well, agree to disagree. 

Personally, I think Fournette and Cook and better overall prospects in nearly every regard. I think Kamara, if not faster, is a quicker more elusive version of Mixon and can do a lot of the things Mixon can do. I think Foreman is a better power back, if that is what you are looking for. And he has the 'burst' to be a lead back. I think McCaffrey is more versatile, if that is what you are looking for in RB.  

I like Kamara a lot.

1 hour ago, PepPep said:

Well, agree to disagree. 

Lmaooo and yet there's some NFL executives that think a Mixon is the best player in the draft

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/24/one-executive-thinks-joe-mixon-is-the-best-player-in-the-draft/related/

I know for a fact he is easily in the conversation with a Cook and Fournette . He is the most Complete back by far . Those other guys might do something better but they don't do it all like he can ..  

Archived