TE Jordan Leggett

Lupz27

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, JiF said:

I'm going to custom order a Leggett Cheaters jersey and bring it to training camp to try and get him to sign it.  I'll wear it every game day.

In pink, because Brady is gay.

11 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Solid logic, yet year after year guys in the NFL prove otherwise.

I know a running back that was drafted by the Pats that said the Jets were a bottom of the barrel team that he would never play for want to guess who that was??

17 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

I'm glad you two ankle-grabbing heathens thinks it's funny that we drafted a Jet-hater.

How does an completely revamped scouting department whiff on something like this? Seriously? Was BIG MACCC too busying asking for his zit-faced barista to spell his name in all-caps on his venti latte? **** this guy. **** this franchise.

This is worse than going to a Jets home game, and having them play 'Shipping up to Boston' to get the crowd pumped up. Has this franchise become some envious that they cannot even see that they've crossed the threshold from 'influenced by' to 'stalker that wants to wear their skin'?

There is no way Leggett succeeds here. None. The difference between making and not for late round picks is commitment. How committed do you think he's going to be to a team he clearly hates? MACCC wasting picks like Idzik.

Happy ******* Spring. More of the same old Jets.

See, if there was an Ape II on the board he'd be admonishing Ape I for this whining, thereby suggesting he's above such lowly outbursts. ;) 

4 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

See, if there was an Ape II on the board he'd be admonishing Ape I for this whining, thereby suggesting he's above such lowly outbursts. ;) 

@The Crusher is Ape. @JiF is Ape. @CTM is Ape. @Pac is Ape. The list goes on.

We are Ape.

My poop flinging is like a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire.

14 hours ago, Tinstar said:

ASJ counts 1.2 mil against the cap with zero dead money and is suspended for the 1st 2 games of the season . Parker counts 540K  and  Jets appear to like this player .  If these players are last cut to 53, ASJ might have a problem .  

Agreed. I was not too impressed with ASJ last year. He seemed very stiff. Compared to Kellen davis he looked like Mickey Shuler, but once we start to upgrade the TE position he will likely be cut. 

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

We are Ape.

I think I'm sophisticated
'Cause I'm living my life like a good homosapien
But all around me, everybody's multiplying
And they're walking round like flies man

So I'm no better than the animals sitting in their cages
In the zoo man
Because compared to the flowers and the birds and the trees
I am an Apeman

I think I'm so educated and I'm so civilized
'Cause I'm a strict vegetarian
But with the over-population and inflation and starvation
And the crazy politicians

I don't feel safe in this world no more
I don't want to die in a nuclear war
I want to sail away to a distant shore
And make like an Apeman

I'm an Apeman, I'm an Ape Apeman
No, I'm an Apeman
Well, I'm a King Kong man, I'm a Doo-Doo man
No, I'm an Apeman

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

We are Ape.

keep my name outcha mouth.

While I happen to agree that this Leggett kid should get cut out of principal, most of your other opinions are sheep sh-t.

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

In the zoo man
I am an Apeman

And make like an Apeman

No, I'm an Apeman
No, I'm an Apeman

^ fat ape

7 minutes ago, Pac said:

keep my name outcha mouth.

While I happen to agree that this Leggett kid should get cut out of principal, most of your other opinions are sheep sh-t.

^mexican ape

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

In the zoo man
I am an Apeman

And make like an Apeman

No, I'm an Apeman
No, I'm an Apeman

I Am Groot

Why TE Jordan Leggett could be a fifth-round steal for Jets

i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2017%2F0112%2Fr170537_1

"I was a finalist for the best tight end in the nation this past year and the year before that," said Jordan Leggett, a Jets fifth-round pick from Clemson. "I'm kind of good at what I do." Mark LoMoglio/Icon Sportswire

The New York Jets passed on the consensus No. 1 tight end in last week's draft, O.J. Howard, opting for the unexpectedly available Jamal Adams, a safety. Can't quibble with that.

They waited until the fifth round to address their well-chronicled need at tight end, passing on some good ones along the way. Finally, they grabbed Clemson's Jordan Leggett, who made Mel Kiper's list of early-impact rookies in the late rounds. And, by the way, Leggett posted better receiving numbers than Howard in 2016.

Check it out:

Maybe, just maybe, the Jets uncovered a third-day gem, something they haven't done too often in recent years.

"[Y'all] have seen the film," Leggett told reporters after being drafted. "At Clemson, I played everywhere. I played H-back, I played on the line, I played slot receiver, I played wideout. Honestly, you just have to look back at the film. I've honestly done it all. I mean, I was a finalist for the best tight end in the nation this past year and the year before that. I'm kind of good at what I do."

And confident, apparently.

With a dearth of talent at tight end in New York, Leggett will have an opportunity to compete for early playing time. He has the ideal frame (6-foot-5, 258 pounds) with good speed and giant hands (10⅜ inches). New offensive coordinator John Morton is looking for an athletic pass-catcher at tight end, and Leggett possesses those traits.

"For me, I feel like I post a big [mismatch] on the field," said Leggett, who will participate in rookie minicamp Friday. "I mean, honestly, anywhere against anybody."

Leggett wasn't known as a sturdy blocker in college. Early on at Clemson, he developed a reputation for being a slacker. His nickname was "Lazy Leggett," but he matured and became a key player on the Tigers' national-championship team.

"He was one of those guys his first couple of years that was kind of half-in," Clemson coach Dabo Swinney once said. "He was a sometimer. Sometimes he was committed, sometimes he wasn't. Sometimes he practiced hard, sometimes he didn't. Sometimes he wanted to be great, sometimes he didn't."

Leggett lasted until the 150th pick for a reason, 131 spots after Howard, but sometimes a talented player falls through the cracks. He could be a steal for the Jets.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000806631/article/mts-notebook-jets-te-among-best-2017-nfl-draft-values?campaign=tw-cf-sf76389626-sf76389626

TE Jordan Leggett, Jets, Round 5 (pick 150): This year's tight end class was loaded with talent. This caused some very talented players to slide in the draft. In a normal draft, Leggett would've been a second- or third-round pick. This year, he fell all the way to the Jets in the fifth round. He has a very similar skill set to former Browns/Dolphins TE Jordan Cameron. He should make an immediate impact for the Jets.

1 hour ago, Larz said:

So have we reached consensus on why this kid sucks yet?

He only shows up to play and can be effective in a game when he wants to. - Possibly the next Johnny Mitchell or Richard Caster.

Archived