Kapernick - why the hell not?

PavlovsDogs

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

No.  You don't need to continue to bring in 8 win QB's.  You keep drafting QB's until you find a legitimate franchise QB.  Continuing to roll out mediocre,, recently cut trash is the worst thing a team could do.

in case you missed it we didnt  draft any QB's.

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Just when I thought you couldn't post anything more asinine, you prove me wrong. Congrats

Josh McCown and Ryan Fitzpatrick say hello....

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Even worse is Josh McCown has already been promised 6 million dollars to suck at QB for us. So... we good. 

Ryan Fitzpatrick II the suck continues.....different face same results. 

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Kaepernick got the American flag tattooed on his forehead and changed his name to Mr. Patriot McConstitution and bathed in the divine blood of Abraham Lincoln before every game, I still wouldn't sign him to be a Jets QB. The front office infrastructure of the team can't handle it, the local media is already (justifiably) primed to whip the sh*t out of everyone on the roster, and the coach is a ******* moron. Bringing him here is lose-lose for everyone up to and including the United States of America. Let him go to a team where adults are present.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Fits the "Play terrible so we can acquire Sam Darnold" pedagogy.  Or perhaps a shorter nickname for such a venture. 

Fuck Sam, USC and stuff, probably no better than Hackenburgh after freshman year, fluke season, maybe Aliens, give me 6-10! Improvement, culture, success. 

43 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

in case you missed it we didnt  draft any QB's.

Josh McCown and Ryan Fitzpatrick say hello....

Ryan Fitzpatrick II the suck continues.....different face same results. 

Holy hell could you imagine McCown going 10-6? Be worth it just to see a little swagger back in Coach Bowles step. 

Aside from his political BS which a NY media would chew up and spit out and Woody would not tolerate....he sucks. Johnson wants to fill up his stadium not empty it. He's a one read and run QB. Inaccurate passer as well. With his shoulder surgeries his throws like a girl now. NFL teams have figured him out and thats why no team is picking him up. Would be surprised if he is picked up at all. Maybe the should try the CFL. They will love him in Canada.

2 hours ago, Jethead said:

Based on the evidence I have, Kaep is 10x better than any QB on the Jets roster. What I can't know is how much progress the two kids have made and how much the Jet's brass believe in them. If the Jets think that one of them can be the guy then I'm fine with no Kaep.

If the Jets don't believe then not giving Kaep a look borders on malfeasance. I could care less about Kaep's political position. The issue is on the field.

We can give Ridley a look though. SMH

Kapernick made himself socially relevant with his kneel downs.  But he still sucks as a QB and isn't worth the time.

If teams thought he was a good QB he'd have a job already.  They simply don't.

I had faith in trying him out prior to last year.  However, he's a media lightning rod similar to A-Rod for the Yankees the last few years, where the negative attention overtook the value on the field.  I'd pass.  

6 minutes ago, win4ever said:

I had faith in trying him out prior to last year.  However, he's a media lightning rod similar to A-Rod for the Yankees the last few years, where the negative attention overtook the value on the field.  I'd pass.  

Maybe he should do a reality show about the offseason or even last season

43 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If Kaepernick got the American flag tattooed on his forehead and changed his name to Mr. Patriot McConstitution and bathed in the divine blood of Abraham Lincoln before every game, I still wouldn't sign him to be a Jets QB. The front office infrastructure of the team can't handle it, the local media is already (justifiably) primed to whip the sh*t out of everyone on the roster, and the coach is a ******* moron. Bringing him here is lose-lose for everyone up to and including the United States of America. Let him go to a team where adults are present.

Would make him an even bigger fraud as he's not 100% Irish.

18 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

Maybe he should do a reality show about the offseason or even last season

His problem is that he let fame get to his head.  3 years ago, he was part of a group that was supposed to be the new face of the NFL and I saw him endorsing things left and right everywhere.  It was him vs. Wilson, but he doesn't realize that he no longer has that status.  It's evident from the contract he signed too, because he went for more money vs. guarantees, so it was easier for teams to get rid of him.  He thought he'd be a star player, so no team would do it, and it backfired.  

People can make stances, freedom to do so in the country.  But it also has consequences at work, because they also have the freedom to not employ you.  Football isn't a game, it's a business first.  The 49ers don't just make money if they win, like schoolyard pride, they make money when people come to the stadium, buy merchandise, spread the brand.  It's the biggest reason why Tebow was a Jet, because it was a business over football decision that flubbed on the field, but I bet they made money from the Tebow move.  No team wants to deal with that controversy now, and imagine the backlash if he was kneeling for 9/11 memorial with the Jets.  A large chunk of our fan base was effected directly that day, and he decides to kneel?  If people thought Geno got it rough for seeing a movie...

I think he's going to go the way of a reality show.  Maybe Dancing with the stars or something because they seem to be scrapping the bottom of the barrel by now.  Somewhere to stay relevant, and earn money.  

4 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

He's a back-up level QB which simply is never worth the distraction. 

This100%

If he were Tom Brady, I would be tied naked to the Jets gate demanding he be on the team. 

The idea that we know what views anybody have on the team is ludicrous and IMO in America everybody is entitled to their views whether or not I find them disagreeable.   

The idea that anybody should be shutdown on the left or the right is repugnant to me and should be to any true thinking patriotic American.  

7 minutes ago, MaxAF said:

The Jets have their QB's for 2017. Good, bad or ugly. The young QB's need to get their shot and they will. 

See thats the problem here good bad or ugly isn't the way to address the QB situation, sadly it makes fans want the likes of a Colin Kaepernick. 

We need stability at the position. 

Hopefully Petty or Hackenberg are the answers. 

The NFL simply found out to how to defend him, and he is just not skilled enough to adjust and be an effective QB. Its just that simple. The whole kneeling thing is filled with hyperbole, overreaction, and general stupidity on both sides of the extreme. 

31 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

See thats the problem here good bad or ugly isn't the way to address the QB situation, sadly it makes fans want the likes of a Colin Kaepernick. 

We need stability at the position. 

Hopefully Petty or Hackenberg are the answers. 

The Jets have the worst QB Corps in the AFCE

4 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

Well since he likes kneeling so much, he should get a job at an adult movie theatre. 

image.php?encI=X55g9%3ADDiii.%2FWBs.JvVD

Funny....  I was trying to explain to a few southerners here what 42nd street was like in the 80's with live peep shows, triple XXX theaters etc. They had no idea what a live peep show was.   

1 hour ago, win4ever said:

His problem is that he let fame get to his head.  3 years ago, he was part of a group that was supposed to be the new face of the NFL and I saw him endorsing things left and right everywhere.  It was him vs. Wilson, but he doesn't realize that he no longer has that status.  It's evident from the contract he signed too, because he went for more money vs. guarantees, so it was easier for teams to get rid of him.  He thought he'd be a star player, so no team would do it, and it backfired.  

People can make stances, freedom to do so in the country.  But it also has consequences at work, because they also have the freedom to not employ you.  Football isn't a game, it's a business first.  The 49ers don't just make money if they win, like schoolyard pride, they make money when people come to the stadium, buy merchandise, spread the brand.  It's the biggest reason why Tebow was a Jet, because it was a business over football decision that flubbed on the field, but I bet they made money from the Tebow move.  No team wants to deal with that controversy now, and imagine the backlash if he was kneeling for 9/11 memorial with the Jets.  A large chunk of our fan base was effected directly that day, and he decides to kneel?  If people thought Geno got it rough for seeing a movie...

I think he's going to go the way of a reality show.  Maybe Dancing with the stars or something because they seem to be scrapping the bottom of the barrel by now.  Somewhere to stay relevant, and earn money.  

These things happen to young people. Fame and fortune early isn't always a blessing. Things did not go well in SF once JH left. The whole structure fell apart and Kap was hit hard by that. On the flip side as you mentioned Wilson had his team built around him. Several pieces left but they remained competitive. 

Now the OL is being rebuilt for him. Stability in the FO is essential

12 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

These things happen to young people. Fame and fortune early isn't always a blessing. Things did not go well in SF once JH left. The whole structure fell apart and Kap was hit hard by that. On the flip side as you mentioned Wilson had his team built around him. Several pieces left but they remained competitive. 

Now the OL is being rebuilt for him. Stability in the FO is essential

I think it's similar to all these players that spend big when they get their first salary, and end up broke years later if their careers don't pan out.  They think they will sustain that level of ability and are shocked when the checks don't roll in.  In this case, I think he got too high thinking he'd have this big say in politics and people would be moved by him being a pioneer, but it backfired on him, because his actions crossed the line for a lot of folks.  

I think Wilson stayed much more low key, and didn't try to create controversy, because he's somewhat media savvy.  Do things with no backlash whatsoever, like visiting sick children, and it projects a much cleaner image for the public to stand behind.  

2 minutes ago, win4ever said:

I think it's similar to all these players that spend big when they get their first salary, and end up broke years later if their careers don't pan out.  They think they will sustain that level of ability and are shocked when the checks don't roll in.  In this case, I think he got too high thinking he'd have this big say in politics and people would be moved by him being a pioneer, but it backfired on him, because his actions crossed the line for a lot of folks.  

I think Wilson stayed much more low key, and didn't try to create controversy, because he's somewhat media savvy.  Do things with no backlash whatsoever, like visiting sick children, and it projects a much cleaner image for the public to stand behind.  

Wilson also got married to Ciara and they have recently birthed a baby. America is conservative. The Rebels lost that war a long time ago.

2 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

Wilson also got married to Ciara and they have recently birthed a baby. America is conservative. The Rebels lost that war a long time ago.

I don't even think it's a matter of politics, I think it's a matter of not creating controversy.  After Jordan and Jeter, I think the best super athlete to control the media has been Lebron, and he went with the "All Lives Matter" approach, and stood up for anthem.  He's the ideal version.  Melo spoke about supporting BLM, yet people would still want him (maybe not Knicks fans, but that's more on-court issues than off-court), he's the version that Kapernick should have picked.  

The fault for him was that, he went over-board for attention, and wanted to do something that would get him noticed.  And he certainly got attention, but it also has consequences and he faces it right now.  He's made enough money in his career, and his net worth is somewhere around 22 million now, that he doesn't have to work another day in his life.  However, history has shown that a lot of high profile players tend to go broke soon after retiring, so we will see.  

He took a knee, teammates supported him, the Seahawks supported the act by locking their arms together, which included their Head Coach, players on the Miami Dolphins, Patriots,  The Sacramento Kings players in the NBA, college players all around the country did either locking of the arms or kneeling in support of what Colin Kaepernick was saying, which it was bringing awareness to social injustice, not because he, those other players or coaches hate America. 

People dont have to agree, but atleast get the story straight. 

With that said, he'll probably never be able to play in this market, not because of why he did what he did, but because of what it's been turned into. 

Archived