Charone Peake

JetBlue

I noticed lately that when discussing Jet receivers, the press and some on this board seems to be over looking Charone Peake.   I know that Robby Anderson had a better rookie season but Charone flashed a couple of times and lets face it; between Fitz and Petty it is a wonder that any passes where completed at all.  

All kidding aside, I am intrigued to see if he has improved over last year; I think he might have the most upside of any our receivers because he has the size and speed to become a match up nightmare for most corners.  Robby is a little faster or has better acceleration but Peake is definitely stronger and able to out fight defenders better.    I am looking forward to seeing what these two do in mini camp and training camp in a few months.   I think our receiving corp may not be as bad as some people think.   I am hopeful that Hack can take that next step and win the starting quarterback job.   It would be great to see him working with a young corp or receivers and tight ends, (ASJ and Jordan Leggett).

Just now, flgreen said:

Really not much to overlook.  he didn't do much 19 catches, 0 TD's.  It's possible he'll have a break out seson, but certainly nothings been over looked

My point is in a couple of cases, he wasn't even mentioned or the focus was on the two rookies. It would seem to me that Anderson and Peake would have the leg up on any rookies coming in. 

He had a real nice heads up play last year against Seattle when he picked up a fumble and ran it into the endzone. But other than that he didn't do a whole lot last year. He certainly has potential and his size is hard to overlook. But I think he's going to need a big training camp to have a meaningful offensive role on the team. They have Enunwa and Anderson who at this point seem cemented in their roles and the team just drafted Hansen and Stewart.

All I remember about Charone Peake last season is that he got his first TD in the most unorthodox way possible and almost died on the playing field when Fitz left him out to dry vs. Arizona on MNF.

Otherwise, yes, he's definitely being overlooked as one of they many potential stud WR's the Jets have on their roster. 

7 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

My point is in a couple of cases, he wasn't even mentioned or the focus was on the two rookies. It would seem to me that Anderson and Peake would have the leg up on any rookies coming in. 

Well, the new guys are  3rd and 4th round draft picks.  Both will be expected to contribute this year.  if Peake makes the roster, cool.  if he contributes, it will be a surprise.  7th round picks have a high mortality rate in the NFL if two guys are selected at their position in the following draft in the 3,and 4th round.  

It's possible he'll make the team because the Jets released their #1 and #2 WR's.

5 minutes ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

i think he will make the team, but needs to show a lot in camp and preseason. big fan of him. he was great at clemson. if he can contribute as well as stewart and hansen i will be very happy. jalin marshall is the odd man out i think

Enunwa

Anderson

Stewart

Peake

Hansen

Marshall

All those guys should make the team with Gabe Marks making the team until Marshall returns from suspension. Marks was a beast at WSU and he'll be great next year when we draft Luke Falk.

I liked him. We have a number of talented young receivers and maybe like Q did one of them will stand out and be a good player. But no way they should have gotten rid of our two best vet receivers and guys who in a good offense can be star players. 

Looking forward to see what all these kids look like when the pads go on .  What I especially like about this year is that it's a new system on offense and everyone is starting at the same level . If you want to play, out-shine the other guy and the job will be yours . It's that simple because they're no real  front-line players ahead of you .

On defense, I can almost pick with some certainty the Jets starting defensive lineup . If it were up to me, I would see how Jordan Jenkins looks at the Mike Linebacker position

I followed him in college. Clemson fan. I try to catch all the Clemson games. I was a little disappointed last year. He made some great plays with Clemson. I think there's a highlight film of him somewhere on the web. This kid has potential if the Jets can get the ball to him. Runs good routes, good concentration, good size, gets up and goes after the ball. Keep an eye on Jordan Leggatt this year too. I'm kinda surprised he went in the 5th round. Thought he would at least been a 4th rounder.

There's this guy that works at the deli near me. Accidentally knocked over a chair behind him, but CAUGHT it before it hit the ground. I think he could have a breakout year for the Jets at WR because he did almost as much as Peake did last season. Remember guys, ANYTHING can happen! Don't overlook him.

3 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

He had a real nice heads up play last year against Seattle when he picked up a fumble and ran it into the endzone. But other than that he didn't do a whole lot last year. He certainly has potential and his size is hard to overlook. But I think he's going to need a big training camp to have a meaningful offensive role on the team. They have Enunwa and Anderson who at this point seem cemented in their roles and the team just drafted Hansen and Stewart.

he didn't do much but neither did any of the other receivers.  they need a qb to get them the ball and if it's thrown there way they need to catch it.  marshall alone had nearly 50% of his targets missed and most of those were right in his hands.

1 hour ago, MaxAF said:

I followed him in college. Clemson fan. I try to catch all the Clemson games. I was a little disappointed last year. He made some great plays with Clemson. I think there's a highlight film of him somewhere on the web. This kid has potential if the Jets can get the ball to him. Runs good routes, good concentration, good size, gets up and goes after the ball. Keep an eye on Jordan Leggatt this year too. I'm kinda surprised he went in the 5th round. Thought he would at least been a 4th rounder.

Actually I believe he was 7th round not 5th.

9 minutes ago, Joejet said:

Actually I believe he was 7th round not 5th.

He was #150 overall and went in the 5th round just for the record. And I'm not the kinda  guy that has to always be right on Jet Nation. So..... just for informational purposes. B)

4 minutes ago, MaxAF said:

He was #150 overall and went in the 5th round just for the record. And I'm not the kinda  guy that has to always be right on Jet Nation. So..... just for informational purposes. B)

peake was 20th pick in 7th round, 241 overall

7 minutes ago, MaxAF said:

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2017/04/nfl_draft_2017_jets_select_clemson_te_jordan_legge.html

I must be reading fake news. It's pretty prevelent these days.

The thread is about Peake and that is who I was referring to when I said 7th.  I reread your post and noticed that you said Leggett in the fifth, I missed that, my bad.

6 minutes ago, Joejet said:

The thread is about Peake and that is who I was referring to when I said 7th.  I reread your post and noticed that you said Leggett in the fifth, I missed that, my bad.

+1  also thought we were talking about peake.  reading comp. apparently not my thing

28 minutes ago, Joejet said:

It's all good bro and if Peake turns out as well as I think he will, he's a good grab for a 7th rounder.

13 hours ago, rangerous said:

he didn't do much but neither did any of the other receivers.  they need a qb to get them the ball and if it's thrown there way they need to catch it.  marshall alone had nearly 50% of his targets missed and most of those were right in his hands.

most? 

There were 8 drops in those 69 incomplete passes. Even if one wanted to argue it's a conservative stat where he had more drops than were recorded, any overlooked drops certainly wouldn't be ones that were "right in his hands" or thereabouts. 

Marshall had a dog**** season, but he didn't drop anywhere close to 35+ passes. 

3 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

most? 

There were 8 drops in those 69 incomplete passes. Even if one wanted to argue it's a conservative stat where he had more drops than were recorded, any overlooked drops certainly wouldn't be ones that were "right in his hands" or thereabouts. 

Marshall had a dog**** season, but he didn't drop anywhere close to 35+ passes. 

okay, maybe right in his hands was a little overreach.  how about catchable?  the guy is supposed to be an all pro.  most of his passes were catchable.

Archived