Who are the 5 players on your all time Jets offensive line?

Sarge4Tide

The Jets have had a revolving door of terrible players. While posting the videos in the Classic section it is very easy to see. We have been really suffering here.

Time to turn this franchise around. I bet it may be easier to pick the worst OL the Jets had?

O line was a positive for the Jet franchise for many years. Remember when we had great O linemen?

Kevin Mawae

Jim Sweeney

Marvin Powell

Dan Alexander

Joe Fields

I think we drafted all except Mawae. Not bad picks.

11 hours ago, rangerous said:

oline? i'd go with mawae, marvin powell,  rasmussen, winston hill, dan alexander.

this

The Jets had the best O line in football throughout the 70's they protected a QB who could not even move and it a great job of it.

5 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

I think Mangold comes in at number 3 at center behind Joe Fields and Kevin

Mawae and thats not a knock on Mangold he was a very good player the other 2 were just a little better.

Mawae is one of the alltime greats at his position which is why I was shocked he got snubbed in HOF voting a couple years ago

But then again so did TO

13 minutes ago, rangerous said:

wasn't he a player's rep? and during a strike year?

The union thing may have hurt.  I think Mawae is simply not a big enough name most of these sportswriters who don't know more than a casual fan forgot who he was 10 years ago

5 hours ago, thadude said:

Mawae is one of the alltime greats at his position which is why I was shocked he got snubbed in HOF voting a couple years ago

But then again so did TO

he will get in, it's hard to make it especially for an OL who never won SBs but he will make it eventually.

19 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

O line was a positive for the Jet franchise for many years. Remember when we had great O linemen?

Kevin Mawae

Jim Sweeney

Marvin Powell

Dan Alexander

Joe Fields

I think we drafted all except Mawae. Not bad picks.

Two centers, interesting.  

On 6/27/2017 at 8:53 PM, Obrien2Toon said:

We've had good centers. Still have Mawae and Sweeney.

Kendall and Jumbo possibles

We have.  Joe Fields was no slouch either.  

I'd go with Ferguson, Faneca, Mawae, Randy Rasmussen, Marvin Powell.

As far as an intact Oline unit: 2010 was possibly our all-time best Ferguson, Faneca, Mangold, Moore, Woody

On 6/27/2017 at 7:34 PM, Sarge4Tide said:

I might go with 

Ferguson - Rasmussen - Mangold - Faneca - Hill 

Sorry to play Faneca and big Winston out of position 

Mawae should be on there over Mangold. JMHO. 

I cannot believe nobody mentioned Sherman Plunkett.  He was a mountain of a man and dwarfed most the offensive linemen of his time (especially after joining the Jets).  He was a dominant OT.  Plus, according to Joe Namath, came up with the nickname "Broadway Joe".  

29 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Ooh! I love Jeopardy!

Who are three players that were better than Adrien Clarke.

The big reason i always give kellen clemens a pass. he had adrien clark and clement in his starting o line and mccariens as his #1 wr

31 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The big reason i always give kellen clemens a pass. he had adrien clark and clement in his starting o line and mccariens as his #1 wr

I get your point, but McCareins was the #4 WR on that club.  They had Coles, Cotchery and Brad Smith.  They also had Thomas Jones and Leon Washington.  Clement was at RT in 2006, so the only offensive downgrade was Clarke and maybe the injury to Pennington.

I think I would go Hill - Rasmussen - Mangold - Herman - Powell

You can't go wrong with guys like D'Brick, Rasmussen and Dan Alexander because those guys never took plays off, let alone games.

If it is the best O-Line players ever to play for the Jets then Jumbo Elliot and Alan Faneca seem to be overlooked in this thread.

If it is the best performing O-Linemen while playing for the Jets then i understand the choices here.

27 minutes ago, EM31 said:

If it is the best O-Line players ever to play for the Jets then Jumbo Elliot and Alan Faneca seem to be overlooked in this thread.

If it is the best performing O-Linemen while playing for the Jets then i understand the choices here.

Jumbo and Faneca were both way past their primes late in their careers when they got here

Archived