Giants look like they're tanking lol

johnnyjet

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

I bet he gets very close on his first attempt in and he eventually gets in.  Just my hunch .  Without looking at stats, his are probably near to Plunkett for example and the Manning name will be worth a few votes as will 2 Super Bowls. 

Just google the topic... most sports writers disagree with you. 

the superbowls are a plus but both times they came in as wildcards.  and there was a considerable amount of time between playoff appearances even with coughlin and eliTE.   have the giaints even won a division title with eliTE at qb?

37 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

The Giants stink. They have a regressing QB and they have a worse O-Line than ours. They can't protect their over the hill QB.

I didn't like the Giants at all coming into this season. They were being completely overrated by people who think Eli is Peyton when he isn't.

wait until eliTE gets benched and geno takes over.

20 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Didn't matter cause MCaDufus thinks he is a genius offensive mind and he don't need no OL.... :) 

Amazing guys like him get promoted..Why???? 

Cause he was a Great TE coach with GB? Or is it because it came to the Giants to be the OC of a two time SB winning QB and franchise?

The Giants aren't really that much better than the Jets and that is PATHETIC!!

The Giants got rid of Coughlin for this.....

Folks give Bowles grief and he was an Assistant Coach of the Year and he came to a team that everyone knew was crappy and folks are saying why aren't the Jets better with still horrific talent; while no one criticizes Super Ben McAdoo who was handed a team, that had the key skill positions in place (for example, best WR in NFL) and the team is scoring points at a historically poor level, yea!

A joke!!

To be fair, Coughlin was pretty old and I think there was talk of him retiring for some time. He had losing records his last 3 years. McAdoo took over for Gilbride in 2014.  In 2013 the Giants were a bottom 5 O.  In 2014 and 2015 they were top 10.  I am sure part of that was adding Beckham, but I don't think we should be crucifying the guy.  He went 11-5 last year.  I just pointed out that doesn't make them super bowl contenders, but he made the playoffs last year as a rookie coach and Coughlin only had a better record than that once, back in 2008.  The guy deserves some slack.  Reese probably deserves more blame than the coaching change.

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

To be fair, Coughlin was pretty old and I think there was talk of him retiring for some time. He had losing records his last 3 years. McAdoo took over for Gilbride in 2014.  In 2013 the Giants were a bottom 5 O.  In 2014 and 2015 they were top 10.  I am sure part of that was adding Beckham, but I don't think we should be crucifying the guy.  He went 11-5 last year.  I just pointed out that doesn't make them super bowl contenders, but he made the playoffs last year as a rookie coach and Coughlin only had a better record than that once, back in 2008.  The guy deserves some slack.  Reese probably deserves more blame than the coaching change.

I agree that Coughlin was getting old.  He had really two years left as a HC in truth. 

The problem for me (I'm a jet Fan not so much)  was that the GM was incompetent in many ways and the OC in Ben who ws undermining Coughlin by saying he was a threat to leave the team.  We can't say Coughlin's team didn't perform x, y, or z in the regular season but he won two SBs as if the latter is an after thought.  But I don't see it that way because winning SBs is the name of the game. 

If Bowles had an 8 and 8 record for the next seven years but we won 5 SBs I would take that deal everyday!

But that is me.. :) 

Go Jets!!

4 hours ago, sourceworx said:

I can already tell you how this is going to play out:

- Sam Darnold will blow out his shoulder some time in the next couple of weeks.
- Going into the final week of the season, we will be neck and neck with the Giants for the #1 pick. If we lose we get the pick.
- The Giants will lose their final game.  We will win, resulting in us dropping to the 4th pick behind the Giants, San Francisco, and Cleveland respectively.
- Josh Rosen, Mason Rudolph, and Lamar Jackson will be selected with the first 3 picks.
- Because of his shoulder injury, Sam Darnold will fall to the 32nd pick, where New England will take him. He will go on to play there for 15 years and win multiple Super Bowls.
- With the 4th pick in the draft, the Jets will take a DB from the SEC with a mediocre 40 time, but tons of leadership qualities. 

Post of the Week. (We don't do that anymore, do we) @Maxman

54 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

McAdoo sounds like thename of a cartoon character

5 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Again.... you seem to disagree with 90 percent of sports writers.  That's OK.  I've learned you are passionate on your beliefs, even if they fly in the face of facts. ?

the facts are all on my side, outside of his SB MVPs(which he didn't deserve either) there is no reasonable argument that he should be in the HOF.  Tell me why he should be in please?  tell me what he has done to ensure his place among the greatest of the greats?

3 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Didn't matter cause MCaDufus thinks he is a genius offensive mind and he don't need no OL.... :) 

Amazing guys like him get promoted..Why???? 

Cause he was a Great TE coach with GB? Or is it because it came to the Giants to be the OC of a two time SB winning QB and franchise?

The Giants aren't really that much better than the Jets and that is PATHETIC!!

The Giants got rid of Coughlin for this.....

yeah I'm not sure why the Giants just handed McAdoody the HC job.  He did not distinguish himself ever as the OC.  I get that they didn't want to make Eli learn a new playbook so either keep Mcadoo as OC or hire a OC who uses the same playbook

6 hours ago, nyjunc said:

I knew we'd suck this year so my enjoyment is coming while watching the giants tumble.  I hope they keep this up.  it's also fun to finally see some people talk realistically about Eli Manning rather than the nonsensical HOF talk b/c he had 2 good months in postseason in his career.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/eli-manning-is-profoundly-mediocre/

Giggity.

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

Streak of games started.  7th all-time in career passing touchdowns

the streak is damn impressive, you don't get there just for showing up though.

7th in pass TDs looks impressive but he played his entire career in this pass happy era.  all of his #s are complied b/c he is durable and throws a lot.  he's never near the leaders in seasons, has never even been 2nd team all pro, only made 2 real PBs and the Pb is a joke anyway.  he has had 2 seasons in his entire career that are even worthy of discussing for the Hall- this is his 14th season.

for TDs he has been top 5 just 2 times, both at #4.

pass yds just 2 top 5 finishes, both at #5.

pass attempts 3 times top 5(high was 3rd)

rating: never top 5, only once top 10(7th)

the only major category he has led in his INTERCEPTIONS where he led the league THREE times and has been top 5 five times.

19 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

the facts are all on my side, outside of his SB MVPs(which he didn't deserve either) there is no reasonable argument that he should be in the HOF.  Tell me why he should be in please?  tell me what he has done to ensure his place among the greatest of the greats?

There is a thread on here....  90 percent of posters here also disagree with you, as usual, and they point out the facts.

1 minute ago, southparkcpa said:

There is a thread on here....  90 percent of posters here also disagree with you, as usual, and they point out the facts.

I almost always disagree with nyjunc but he posted A LOT of facts regarding why Eli wasn't deserving -- and you're just responding with "most sports writers disagree with you." 

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

Eli is a compiler.  As we have seen, the hall loves compilers.

the Hall should be about greatness, I would say 70-80% of HOFers were truly great players.  they let far too many undeserving players in which gives Eli hope(along w/ the last name and the D carrying him to 2 SBs) but to me he's not even a borderline candidate.  if it was close the MVPs would get him in, I thought he'd have a chance w/ Beckham to pad the resume but he's been terrible the last few years and the chances are at his age he's not going to all of a sudden play like 2011(one of his only 2 really good seasons)

21 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I almost always disagree with nyjunc but he posted A LOT of facts regarding why Eli wasn't deserving -- and you're just responding with "most sports writers disagree with you." 

17 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

you always fall back on "90%" garbage, think for yourself for a change. 

My opinion is also in that thread......   my opinion matters not.   I don't vote.     I say yes,  read the thread. 

34 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

My opinion is also in that thread......   my opinion matters not.   I don't vote.     I say yes,  read the thread. 

you compared Eli to Jurgensen and Griese based on compiled stats rather than against their peers in the other thread.  You don't have an argument.

4 minutes ago, jack48 said:

he could shoot it---and rebound it. Just coudn't win it

He played some serious minutes and averaged double digit points in the playoffs for a couple of those Laker championship teams.  Had a big block on Dr J one year and was there when they finally beat the Celtics.  That team was stacked though.

13 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

He played some serious minutes and averaged double digit points in the playoffs for a couple of those Laker championship teams.  Had a big block on Dr J one year and was there when they finally beat the Celtics.  That team was stacked though.

at the end, yes.  but he toiled in obscurity in places like Buffalo--his peak years.  I liked watching him

Archived