Yankees - 2018 and beyond

Maxman

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

And even if the Yankees survive that one game playoff they’d end up on the road, down their ace against the Sox or Astros. 

Tanaka is the Yankees postseason ace.

That said once the assign uniform #s to Degrom and Machado they should settle the division debate quickly.

For real though, the Red Sox are unreal though. They are a machine, it is very frustrating lol.

12 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Why are we going after Machado?  We have a ton of infield offense already plus the rest of our offense way more than makes up for not having  a great hitting 3B. Andujar has been effective.  If anything we need a starting pitcher

The best starting pitcher is more offense. Or something like that.

2 hours ago, chirorob said:

No, he isn't

If Gray was even decent...   but he's not.   He is awful.   Take out is ERA when he isn't pitching against the Orioles, it's over 6.  

Gray's ball moves.  A lot.  He had a real nice outing.  Orioles or not.  It's not like he can't turn the corner. 

On 7/13/2018 at 1:36 AM, Maxman said:

Tanaka is the Yankees postseason ace.

That said once the assign uniform #s to Degrom and Machado they should settle the division debate quickly.

For real though, the Red Sox are unreal though. They are a machine, it is very frustrating lol.

They are already talking about a postseason rotation where Chad Green starts and pitches two innings and the rest of the bullpen takes over as our third or 4th starter

On 7/17/2018 at 6:27 AM, Philc1 said:

Gray is the new Javy Vazquez

You know what I never understood?   They brought him in the 1st time, it made sense.   He looked like a stud.   Javy proved he couldn't handle it, so they traded him, and then....   they brought him back so he could prove a second time he could not handle it.

That's why their farm system is so important.   Trading for starters, some just can not handle NY.  Guys who come up and make it obviously can handle it.

21 hours ago, chirorob said:

You know what I never understood?   They brought him in the 1st time, it made sense.   He looked like a stud.   Javy proved he couldn't handle it, so they traded him, and then....   they brought him back so he could prove a second time he could not handle it.

That's why their farm system is so important.   Trading for starters, some just can not handle NY.  Guys who come up and make it obviously can handle it.

The braves offered up Vazquez for peanuts because they wanted to shed his salary and also get him out of the NL

Some guys just can’t handle NY.  Explains why Gray has been better on the road 

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

The braves offered up Vazquez for peanuts because they wanted to shed his salary and also get him out of the NL

Some guys just can’t handle NY.  Explains why Gray has been better on the road 

It really does seem like that for Gray.  In this free-swinging era he should be dominating with his stuff.  He's not a hard thrower but you don't need to be one today to win. Players can hit 99 mph.  The off speed stuff is the killer.

My top 3 annoying Yankees ATM

Gray

Sanchez

Bird

I have been telling my buddies for over a month now that we need to trade all 3 of these guys.  When I say trade I mean in a package for a true ace not for nothing mind you.  I know its not going to happen although I can definitely see Gray getting traded.  

18 minutes ago, gqxluvx said:

Gray

Sanchez

Bird

I have been telling my buddies for over a month now that we need to trade all 3 of these guys.  When I say trade I mean in a package for a true ace not for nothing mind you.  I know its not going to happen although I can definitely see Gray getting traded.  

Betances annoys me as well. He's great now, like he always is, but then there's a time later in the season when he can't find the strike zone.  

For Sanchez I think it's mental. He needs to straighten that out.  Bird is coming along, but for how long is he going to be healthy?  Gray just can't perform in NY.

They need to trade for a top of rotation pitcher. They have to.  I think they'll be the WC anyway because the Sox beat up on bad teams and the Yanks dont.

53 minutes ago, SMC said:

Betances annoys me as well. He's great now, like he always is, but then there's a time later in the season when he can't find the strike zone.  

For Sanchez I think it's mental. He needs to straighten that out.  Bird is coming along, but for how long is he going to be healthy?  Gray just can't perform in NY.

They need to trade for a top of rotation pitcher. They have to.  I think they'll be the WC anyway because the Sox beat up on bad teams and the Yanks dont.

Betances has been awesome.   He is just a 1 inning guy at this point.

Sanchez needs to go down.   His approach at the plate is crap, and his defense is poor.

Having Didi bunt last night was terrible.   Took the bat out of Didi and Stanton's hands, and put it into Hicks and Sanchez

1 hour ago, gqxluvx said:

Gray

Sanchez

Bird

Bird is finally hitting.   He's just made of glass

Yanks trade for Britton.

Amazing bullpen.    Come playoffs, really just tell the starters to go 4-5.   The depth is amazing.

On a side note, Severino has been off for last 4 starts, they need him pitching like he was.  He's still young, maybe some fatigue.  If that's the case, just skip him a start.   Tanaka looked great last night.

5 hours ago, chirorob said:

Yanks trade for Britton.

Amazing bullpen.    Come playoffs, really just tell the starters to go 4-5.   The depth is amazing.

On a side note, Severino has been off for last 4 starts, they need him pitching like he was.  He's still young, maybe some fatigue.  If that's the case, just skip him a start.   Tanaka looked great last night.

Yankees managed him terribly in the first half, needlessly pitching him extra innings.  Even on Monday night, it was clear he should of come out after the 5th, but they sent him out there anyway.  He is young and has never thrown this much.  Something to watch.

Yanks now 11-11 vs Tampa and Baltimore.  Going to be tough to catch Boston playing like that.

6 hours ago, gqxluvx said:

Yankees managed him terribly in the first half, needlessly pitching him extra innings.  Even on Monday night, it was clear he should of come out after the 5th, but they sent him out there anyway.  He is young and has never thrown this much.  Something to watch.

Yanks now 11-11 vs Tampa and Baltimore.  Going to be tough to catch Boston playing like that.

Agree.  I skip him a start, just to give him a breather.  How they played against baltimore is a crime.  Tampa is a decent team, orioles are epically bad.

1 hour ago, gqxluvx said:

Frazier is dealing with concussion symptoms.  It would of been an ideal shot for him otherwise.  They will probably call up Tyler Austin and have him DH while Stanton plays full time RF.

Judge, 3 weeks before he can start swinging, so more like 4-5.   I've never heard of anyone coming back from a chipped bone in 3 weeks.

I agree on Frazier.   Anyone know how long till he is cleared?

51 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Judge, 3 weeks before he can start swinging, so more like 4-5.   I've never heard of anyone coming back from a chipped bone in 3 weeks.

I agree on Frazier.   Anyone know how long till he is cleared?

No idea on Frazier.  Looks like they are recalling Tyler Wade.  Walker has been hot so they will probably have him man the DH spot for a bit and Stanton will play RF.

It was the best of the bad news with only a month for Judge, but I'm concerned that the wrist injury will linger considering how important the wrists are to swinging.

The Yanks weren't catching the Sox because of the difference in starting pitching and the fact that the Sox demolish bad teams and the Yanks are merely just good against them.  As gqx mentioned, Yanks being 11-11 against O's and Rays is killer/

I think Frazier will be back soon.

Finally, there was a interesting stat that in the last 2 yrs Yanks are 5-10 in games Judge hasn't played and average only 3.3 runs.  They need guys like Didi and Bird to pick it up.  At least Bird looks like he righted things.

Archived