Snacks just lost a lot of cred

UnitedWhofans

4 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Maybe so, but at the end of the day you are criticizing a man who has won 2 Super Bowl rings and is considered one of the greatest Giants of all time. That's not good.

I wonder what Jets fans would do if Joe Namath criticized the Jets...

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, whodeawhodat said:

nope, he isnt defending apples effort, he is defending his teammates that someone is criticizing.  i have no doubt that snacks hasnt said/done things behind closed doors as he is noted for doing.  like that saying, you can lead a horse to water...

So who is a bigger bust a 9th overall CB who was always hurt, and couldn’t get his head around, or a 10th overall pick who dogs it?

6 hours ago, Mogglez said:

I love Snacks, but one of the guys Carl Banks has called out for quitting is Eli Apple (bottom of the screen), and for Damon to defend this type of behavior is a pretty scary thing.

Snacks always went out of his way to say he isn't a leader and to not expect that out of him.  If this is the sh*t he would tolerate, then that is a good thing.  Very odd hill he's chosen to die on.

It looks like Revis last season, thought he signed for the Chiefs..

8 hours ago, roscoeword said:

don't understand why people are upset that they pulled Manning. Season is over, why not try new guys? I'm shocked that everyone is shocked. What, Manning is holy and you can't replace him? Please explain to me.

Eh....you give Eli the rest of the season and part ways guy won you two Super Bowls, been nothing short of a pro’s pro, it’s the right thing to do, unless you had a highly touted prospect sitting behind him waiting to take over the reins, not Geno Smith. 

Just not something you would expect from the giants organization, as much  as it kills me to say it, this move screams NY Mets 

3 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

Eh....you give Eli the rest of the season and part ways guy won you two Super Bowls, been nothing short of a pro’s pro, it’s the right thing to do, unless you had a highly touted prospect sitting behind him waiting to take over the reins, not Geno Smith. 

Just not something you would expect from the giants organization, as much  as it kills me to say it, this move screams NY Mets 

he didn't win them 2 SBs, he was part of a team that won 2.  How long of a leash does he get? they have made the playoffs one time in the last 6 seasons(and Eli was terrible while the D carried them), were 2-9 this year.  when is it ok to bench him?

the Giants once ushered out Phil Simms AFTER an 11-5 playoff season so they could start DAVE BROWN.  It is a Giants move.

8 hours ago, roscoeword said:

don't understand why people are upset that they pulled Manning. Season is over, why not try new guys? I'm shocked that everyone is shocked. What, Manning is holy and you can't replace him? Please explain to me.

It’s just silly.  The jets are statistically still in contention for a wildcard but should bench McCown for Hackenberg but the giants are 2-9 God forbid they ever bench Eli to protect his health 

7 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

he didn't win them 2 SBs, he was part of a team that won 2.  How long of a leash does he get? they have made the playoffs one time in the last 6 seasons(and Eli was terrible while the D carried them), were 2-9 this year.  when is it ok to bench him?

the Giants once ushered out Phil Simms AFTER an 11-5 playoff season so they could start DAVE BROWN.  It is a Giants move.

After the season, unless they had real talent behind him. You don’t bench him mid season for a career back up

2 super bowl mvps earns you a lil more respect 

3 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

There is no comparison between the giant and jet management which is why they have 3 Super Bowl wins since 1990 and we have 0 and the Giants will be making the playoffs with Josh Rosen next season while Mac and Bowles have a third straight season of 5-11 or worse

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

It’s just silly.  The jets are statistically still in contention for a wildcard but should bench McCown for Hackenberg but the giants are 2-9 God forbid they ever bench Eli to protect his health 

They’re upset because by starting Geno instead of Webb, they are sending out the impression that they are still trying to win games. And they even said that. 

Just now, Philc1 said:

There is no comparison between the giant and jet management which is why they have 3 Super Bowl wins since 1990 and we have 0 and the Giants will be making the playoffs with Josh Rosen next season while Mac and Bowles have a third straight season of 5-11 or worse

So Giants fans should jumping for joy right now, right?

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

They’re upset because by starting Geno instead of Webb, they are sending out the impression that they are still trying to win games. And they even said that. 

If you are a Giants fan, when the people who run your team tell you Geno gives you a chance to win games, you have to be very, very worried.

7 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

After the season, unless they had real talent behind him. You don’t bench him mid season for a career back up

2 super bowl mvps earns you a lil more respect 

and missing the playoffs in weak division 7 of 9 seasons loses that respect.

7 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

actually we have been very similar since about 1991.  Both up and down franchises.  the major difference was NYG had a ton of things break their way in 2007/2011 and we didn't in 2009/2010.  2007/2011 easily could have ended before the SB and our 2 seasons easily could have ended w/ SB titles.  we actually have playoff wins in more seasons than the Giants over that long span.  we are very similar.

Just now, nyjunc said:

and missing the playoffs in weak division 7 of 9 seasons loses that respect.

actually we have been very similar since about 1991.  Both up and down franchises.  the major difference was NYG had a ton of things break their way in 2007/2011 and we didn't in 2009/2010.  2007/2011 easily could have ended before the SB and our 2 seasons easily could have ended w/ SB titles.  we actually have playoff wins in more seasons than the Giants over that long span.  we are very similar.

Can I be similar and win multiple Super Bowls?  7 straight years and no playoffs and jets fans are actually happy, unreal

3 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Can I be similar and win multiple Super Bowls?  7 straight years and no playoffs and jets fans are actually happy, unreal

2011 NYG fumbles and they blow whistle dead, 2010 Sanchez throws forward pass and they call it fumble for TD.  2 plays that could have gone either way and changed the fortunes of both teams.  Giants got more breaks in those 2 runs, our teams were very similar to their teams.

I'm happy?  I'm just having a discussion.  I want a SB, I wish our D/STs played like NYG's D/STs in title games and we'd have 1 or 2 or if the great Bill Belichick could lead his D to protect a double digit 2nd half lead in 1998 we'd have one.

2 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

2011 NYG fumbles and they blow whistle dead, 2010 Sanchez throws forward pass and they call it fumble for TD.  2 plays that could have gone either way and changed the fortunes of both teams.  Giants got more breaks in those 2 runs, our teams were very similar to their teams.

I'm happy?  I'm just having a discussion.  I want a SB, I wish our D/STs played like NYG's D/STs in title games and we'd have 1 or 2 or if the great Bill Belichick could lead his D to protect a double digit 2nd half lead in 1998 we'd have one.

7 years and 0 playoff appearances- 8 if you count next season after Mac, Bowles and McCown all come back with no qb of the future still

So keep celebrating the giants doing what a smart organization would do and tank their way to Darnold or Rosen while we have a 4-12 moral victory season

8 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

Yes that’s why you move on after the season, again unless you have talent waiting in the wings 

I don't disagree, they could have let him play out season but I also don't think he is above benching.

5 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

7 years and 0 playoff appearances- 8 if you count next season after Mac, Bowles and McCown all come back with no qb of the future still

So keep celebrating the giants doing what a smart organization would do and tank their way to Darnold or Rosen while we have a 4-12 moral victory season

and we've had 3 HCs, 3 GMs, 4 different full time starting QBs.

smart organizations don't tank, they know talent can be found anywhere.

Just now, nyjunc said:

I don't disagree, they could have let him play out season but I also don't think he is above benching.

and we've had 3 HCs, 3 GMs, 4 different full time starting QBs.

smart organizations don't tank, they know talent can be found anywhere.

Tell the Colts who got both Manning and Luck tanking or the San Antonio Spurs who got Duncan via tanking

2 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Tell the Colts who got both Manning and Luck tanking or the San Antonio Spurs who got Duncan via tanking

The Colts didn't tank for Manning and let's not forget the big talk going into that draft was how close Peyton and Ryan Leaf were.  There is no such thing as a sure thing.

The Colts did tank for Luck but that hasn't really worked out w/ the injuries, has it?

Basketball is a very different sport and the Spurs had the 3rd worst record in the NBA that season. 

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 6:31 PM, ASH1962 said:

Giants are a hot mess, but you can guarantee they will wind up better in the end then we will with a higher pick, better coach, better GM.

Unreal, it never changes.

HE GETS IT.  GIANTS END UP TANKING FOR A FRANCHISE QB

JETS HAVE DRECK.

Archived