*OFFICIAL JETS V SAINTS GAME THREAD*

T0mShane

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

I really wanna see hackenberg for better or worse but also know that because I really wanna see hackenberg will turn into iron man kinda like McCown did for much longer than usual 

Same here.  The one Jet I have any interest in seeing play the rest of the year is the same guy that Bowles says he has no plans to play.

1 hour ago, LIJetsFan said:

I'm rooting for Petty.  If the light bulb goes on and he looks like an NFL QB then that's another nail in Bowles's coffin.  Go Jets!  There is always something to root for!  

Barring a total collapse these final 3 games I think it's almost a certainty that Bowles is coming back next year.

I can't believe my luck that this game is being televised in NH. I've watched most Jet games in pieces on Redzone. I don't want anymore moral victories for Todd Bowles and it's so ironic that I'm in the semi finals in fantasy football & my starting QB is Drew Brees & my RB is Alvin Kamara. I also grabbed the Saints defense & was going to start them but after careful consideration I've determined that the Eagles D vs the Giants is the better pick (Eagles D vs an immobile Eli & a really bad oline). Jets might run the ball 60 times. 

Its incredibly important that we lose these last 3. Bowles has to go & like Rex we don't need a couple meaningless wins that knock us out of the QB sweepstakes or BAP if we go free agency (Cousins-bridgewater?), LT, Pass Rusher, CB. These coaches literally quit last week. Absolutely NOTHING good comes with a victory these last 3 games & anyone that believes anything ROLLS OVER to the next year in football with all of the changes to a team are nuts.

5 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I can't believe my luck that this game is being televised in NH. I've watched most Jet games in pieces on Redzone. I don't want anymore moral victories for Todd Bowles and it's so ironic that I'm in the semi finals in fantasy football & my starting QB is Drew Brees & my RB is Alvin Kamara. I also grabbed the Saints defense & was going to start them but after careful consideration I've determined that the Eagles D vs the Giants is the better pick (Eagles D vs an immobile Eli & a really bad oline). Jets might run the ball 60 times. 

Its incredibly important that we lose these last 3. Bowles has to go & like Rex we don't need a couple meaningless wins that knock us out of the QB sweepstakes or BAP if we go free agency (Cousins-bridgewater?), LT, Pass Rusher, CB. These coaches literally quit last week. Absolutely NOTHING good comes with a victory these last 3 games & anyone that believes anything ROLLS OVER to the next year in football with all of the changes to a team are nuts.

All of our wins this year have most likely hurt the franchise long-term.  There's a very good chance we're already out of the QB sweepstakes.  But I guess it was worth it because we "owed McCown" and he had the most epic under-.500 season in decades!

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

All of our wins this year have most likely hurt the franchise long-term.  There's a very good chance we're already out of the QB sweepstakes.  But I guess it was worth it because we "owed McCown" and he had the most epic under-.500 season in decades!

Jets are only 80 or so games below .500 now so there is that to be grateful for.

49 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

I really wanna see hackenberg for better or worse but also know that because I really wanna see hackenberg, petty will turn into iron man kinda like McCown did for much longer than usual 

lol trust me you dont want to see the kid play.......he had no 1st team reps this week and he was bad to begin with or at least bad enough to only be 3rd string. I dont want to see him just to see him make an ass of himself but I think it might happen anyway. Once Petty goes down Hack will get to throw a few passes this year. Our Oline will virtually gaurantee it. 

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

now thats a dumb ass comment....you have no idea if he has made strides since last year? I know you dont want to say anything to the media but cmon now....just be real and say you are not about to sit here and say where he has improved so the media can pick apart the areas he hasnt improved. 

Not that this is important but it is somewhat interesting.  We've beaten 3 of the AFC playoff teams (Jags, Chiefs, Bills) and we led the Pats 14-0 before losing.  Of course, we know the AFC stinks this year.

Steelers, Pats, Jags, Chiefs, Titans, Bills

18 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Not that this is important but it is somewhat interesting.  We've beaten 3 of the AFC playoff teams (Jags, Chiefs, Bills) and we led the Pats 14-0 before losing.  Of course, we know the AFC stinks this year.

Steelers, Pats, Jags, Chiefs, Titans, Bills

Bills suck! Chiefs D is horrendous (Jets finally got some help from the refs), we've had MANY close losses to the Pats even when Geno Smith was our QB. Forget the Jags game, timing had everything to do with that. Jags dealt with a hurricane, a trip to London & then to NY. LUCK! (The Powell slip when the Jags thought he was down). Jags right now would beat the Jets 9 out of 10 games easy.

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Let me say this I wanted Hackenberg drafted; I did and will take my deserved lumps but......

This is an indictment of Macagnan and the picking of Hack (when he picked him);  no way in the world can the Giants think of benching Eli Manning so that they can "see" what thy have but with Bowles Hack is so putrid that the mere suggestion is treated like it is an abomination!!

Just wow.....

And with that on with the show.... :) 

Archived