Its official Darrelle Revis first ballot Hall of Shame

Kleckineau

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, HessStation said:

LOL. Revis came up small in the biggest spot of his career. Momentum was changing in that game. Jets just scored. That was the biggest play of the game. Jets finally put points up, you could sense the change. He dropped an easy INT. You can call it what you want. It would have been bad for anyone. But worse for the highest paid player on the team and the guy suppose to be one of the greatest of all time. Can't sniff Deion's jock.

i am no revis fan but he did make a critical int against the chargers in the playoffs. without that and their field goal kicker wiffing i dont think we make it to the afc champ game against the colts. that missed pick was huge but he did make plays in big moments 

Darrele Revis makes more in 1 season than I will make in a lifetime.  I could care less if Derrele wants to embarrass himself by not making an effort, but by doing so, precludes himself from being categorized as a pro's pro; gives his all, all heart, etc..  In my mind, he doesn't belong in the hall of fame.  That distinction is for players who love the game, put everything they have on the field, and loves to win, all about the team, etc...

Darrele once called Randy Moss a "Slacker", because he accused him of slacking on the field.  He once told told Dez Bryant that they are both "bulls" fighting it out on the field. 

Darrele is a slacker and no longer a bull, but a cow, getting paid for slacking on the field and not giving the effort necessary to show the other players on the field that he even gives a sh*t.  

He is an embarrassment to himself, the Kansas City Chiefs and the NFL, in that order.

I can hear you all now; "he was great; he brought the Jets into respectability", etc..

You know what!  I wish I could slack off on my job and tell people all the great things I did in the past for my company, but I would get fired for doing that.  I work my tail off to feed my family.  But for what I read in this post, we should all be so grateful for what Derrele did for the Jets organization in the past.

You know what I say to that?  Darrele deserves nothing but the millions of dollars that fill up his bank, but nothing more than that.  I don't want him in the Jets "ring of honor" next to Joe Klecko and Curtis Martin.  They both bled and gave their blood on the field for the Jets, and Derrele Revis doesn't belong next to them.

5 hours ago, HessStation said:

LOL. Revis came up small in the biggest spot of his career. Momentum was changing in that game. Jets just scored. That was the biggest play of the game. Jets finally put points up, you could sense the change. He dropped an easy INT. You can call it what you want. It would have been bad for anyone. But worse for the highest paid player on the team and the guy suppose to be one of the greatest of all time. Can't sniff Deion's jock.

Whatever works for you, really.  You have to dig this hard to find something to complain about one of the all time great players for this team there's nothing more to say.  Other than you haven't seen many play and never saw Deion play.

3 hours ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

i am no revis fan but he did make a critical int against the chargers in the playoffs. without that and their field goal kicker wiffing i dont think we make it to the afc champ game against the colts. that missed pick was huge but he did make plays in big moments 

Stack them up against the other guys though. sh*t Asante Samuel's career was more memorable. Guy was a top 5 corner through his prime, played at a high level his entire career, and knew how to cat and mouse QB's into turnovers. Once Revis' knee went in 2012 he couldnt compensate for lost athleticism with generating turnovers. Samuel has like 50+ ints, an absurd amount of TD's and one of the best post season resume's ever.

Revis has, um...2009 I guess.

19 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Whatever works for you, really.  You have to dig this hard to find something to complain about one of the all time great players for this team there's nothing more to say.  Other than you haven't seen many play and never saw Deion play.

Watch all of last year's low lighits. Revis got his money deservedly and then went on and played like a dog. He continued that trend this year for KC. 

7 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Watch all of last year's low lighits. Revis got his money deservedly and then went on and played like a dog. He continued that trend this year for KC. 

Played like shlt last season, without a doubt.  

To transfer that to he sucked most of his career and cost us the Pitt playoffs game is a different story.  That's what I was talking about.  Jet fans hate him, that's fine but no reason to make shlt up.

19 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Played like shlt last season, without a doubt.  

To transfer that to he sucked most of his career and cost us the Pitt playoffs game is a different story.  That's what I was talking about.  Jet fans hate him, that's fine but no reason to make shlt up.

All straw man arguments of sh*t I never said and nothing was made up. Carry on though. 

Just now, Snell41 said:

He’s not a HOF’er, and as time goes by it’s gonna become even more apparent as people look at his entire career. As someone mentioned earlier, he had 4-5 HOF seasons, but not a HOF career.

My mistake, didn’t know someone had mentioned it. It must be true now. 

8 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Had he caught that pass they’d have gotten 17 points worth of #momentum. 

I like gato. So I'll explain it slowly. I remember watching The game and it was like over.24-3? Sanchez finally caught some rhythm marched them down and threw a nice td. A little bit of hope sprang. A little momentum...I remember everyone scream they need a turnover now to make this inteeesting. Lo and behold Rothlessbutger throws a wounded duck straight into the Revis' hands that not only the greatest CB to ever live would have caught returned as there was a lot open grass. There was a moment of hope until it went right through his hands. Never did I say the Jets would have won the game but if they were going to make it interesting that would have been the moment considering the circumstances. Somehow they still made it interesting but yes, I believe that was the moment to really change the course of the game.

The greatest CB of all time would have caught that ball and returned it.

9 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I like gato. So I'll explain it slowly. I remember watching The game and it was like over.24-3? Sanchez finally caught some rhythm marched them down and threw a nice td. A little bit of hope sprang. A little momentum...I remember everyone scream they need a turnover now to make this inteeesting. Lo and behold Rothlessbutger throws a wounded duck straight into the Revis' hands that not only the greatest CB to ever live would have caught returned as there was a lot open grass. There was a moment of hope until it went right through his hands. Never did I say the Jets would have won the game but if they were going to make it interesting that would have been the moment considering the circumstances. Somehow they still made it interesting but yes, I believe that was the moment to really change the course of the game.

The greatest CB of all time would have caught that ball and returned it.

I like you too and respectfully consider this a very lame narrative. Hate the game! 

My mistake, didn’t know someone had mentioned it. It must be true now. 

Revis has 29 ints, 129 passes defended, 3 TD’s, and 2 sacks. That doesn’t even put him close to the leaders in any category at all. For 2 years he was all world. For 3 other years he was a stud. His last 2 years of his 11 year career were atrocious. For the other 4 years he was good. That’s not a HOF career.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Just now, SenorGato said:

I like you too and respectfully consider this a very lame narrative. Hate the game! 

A narrative you made up in your own head. I never said he wasn't a HOFer. I don't think he's first ballot though. And for all his greatness, that play, for me, was the biggest of his Jets career, and he dropped it when the team needed his greatness the most. It was a huge drop at the worst time. Never said that cost the Jets the game. But if they were ever gonna have a chance to win it, they needed Revis to come through in that spot. Deion Sanders not only catches that ball he probably returns it back to the Pittsburgh 25. 

11 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Revis has 29 ints, 129 passes defended, 3 TD’s, and 2 sacks. That doesn’t even put him close to the leaders in any category at all. For 2 years he was all world. For 3 other years he was a stud. His last 2 years of his 11 year career were atrocious. For the other 4 years he was good. That’s not a HOF career.

Cool, he also didn’t get to play in a league where QBs were happy to complete 50-55% of their passes with higher turnover rates. Or in a league where the CBs were allowed to press and jam all day err day. Or in a league where 24 points was a windfall for an offense. Or in a league with multiple 4000+ yard passers. 

Dude’s the GOAT, really don’t get what the big deal is. Boo hoo you don’t want him role modeling for the kids or whatever. 

7 minutes ago, HessStation said:

A narrative you made up in your own head. I never said he wasn't a HOFer. I don't think he's first ballot though. And for all his greatness, that play, for me, was the biggest of his Jets career, and he dropped it when the team needed his greatness the most. It was a huge drop at the worst time. Never said that cost the Jets the game. But if they were ever gonna have a chance to win it, they needed Revis to come through in that spot. Deion Sanders not only catches that ball he probably returns it back to the Pittsburgh 25. 

I made no imaginings about some dropped INT being the defining moment of his career, so definitely not from my head. I also don’t care for what it’s imagined Sanders would do, not really a thing. 

13 hours ago, nyjunc said:

the game has changed since then if you haven't noticed.  Would the same people bashing him be cheering for him if he went all out after Henry got the 1st down then got hurt?  he had NO CHANCE to prevent the 1st down.

Remind me NOT to book you as a motivational speaker for a professional sports team.  

NO CHANCE....NO WORRIES!  

4 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

I made no imaginings about some dropped INT being the defining moment of his career, so definitely not from my head. I also don’t care for what it’s imagined Sanders would do, not really a thing. 

It was his defining moment as a Jet for me along with holding the team for ransom during his prime. **** Revis.

Archived