FREE AGENT NEWS

joewilly12

1 minute ago, Stark said:

but we know HB is a playmaker and has proven it in the league, we also know he did well in TB defense. Minkah has never played an NFL game, remember Dee Milliner? lol. I mean he was supposed to be good and well he sucked so yeah I would spend a little more on a 26 yr old that has shown he can play at a high level.

A little more? You can get Minkah for for years for roughly the same money you’d be giving to Mathieu for one.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

A little more? You can get Minkah for for years for roughly the same money you’d be giving to Mathieu for one.

6th pick is going to get about 23 mil? for 4 years... so yeah its more than a little more, but do you want to take the chance on another Alabama DB flaming out, I feel like that is more of the Bama DB's trend in the league.

6 minutes ago, Stark said:

6th pick is going to get about 23 mil? for 4 years... so yeah its more than a little more, but do you want to take the chance on another Alabama DB flaming out, I feel like that is more of the Bama DB's trend in the league.

I’m only advocating for Minkah because it’d be the most catastrophic pick, both practically and emotionally. I’m not saying I want the player on my squad.

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I’m only advocating for Minkah because it’d be the most catastrophic pick, both practically and emotionally. I’m not saying I want the player on my squad.

Yeah i know you are just ruffling feathers.. no worries.

46 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

i'm not disagreeing with you.  but based on what we know about him, if he's on the phone with indy's gm and the guy is telling mccags what the bills offer is, and if he'll up his offer, i just don't have faith that he's willing to part with the draft picks - especially, at that point, if it's for mayfield or allen, assuming darnold and rosen are gone.  i could easily see him bailing, buffalo getting allen, and then mccagnan praying that elway doesn't take mayfield.  or, maybe he can convince cleveland to go back 2 spots, take mayfield, but cleveland would have to assume that nobody is trading up for barkley with denver.

If Buffalo trades up - Jets miss-out on one of the 4 - end of discussion.  They simply can not allow that to happen.  Mac knows his job is on the line if he doesn't do it.

Just now, FidelioJet said:

If Buffalo trades up - Jets miss-out on one of the 4 - end of discussion.  They simply can not allow that to happen.  Mac knows his job is on the line if he doesn't do it.

anything is possible.  the giants may choose not to trade with the jets.  indy may want buffalo's 2 first round picks that the jets don't have.  cleveland may want barkely at 4 and that's that.  the jets are not in control here and that's their own fault.  it could well come down to whether elway takes mayfield or not.  imagine those 10 minutes on draft day.

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

anything is possible.  the giants may choose not to trade with the jets.  indy may want buffalo's 2 first round picks that the jets don't have.  cleveland may want barkely at 4 and that's that.  the jets are not in control here and that's their own fault.  it could well come down to whether elway takes mayfield or not.  imagine those 10 minutes on draft day.

His fault or not - he's out of a job.  

My guess - #6, both 2's and next years 1...that'll be about what it's going to take to go from 6 to 3.   Good thing we got that 5th win.  

Colts still get Chubb is think scenario.

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

If you want a guy, you make an offer that won't be turned down. May end up being a lot but if you firmly believe he's THE guy, why you gonna let a team behind you jump ahead? That's BS to me. 

If the 4 do go before we pick though, you kind of have to pick Allen. Who else you going with? 2nd round guy? Jackson will probably go to a team in the middle of the draft. 

1 hour ago, BrickTamland said:

What a puny offer. If we dont beat that...

Correct, the Jets could match that and they still get Chubb.  Get their cake and eat it too.

#6, both two's and next year's 3...they get all of that plus their player.  That's def. a better deal.  I sign up for that right now.

3 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

If you want a guy, you make an offer that won't be turned down. May end up being a lot but if you firmly believe he's THE guy, why you gonna let a team behind you jump ahead? That's BS to me. 

If the 4 do go before we pick though, you kind of have to pick Allen. Who else you going with? 2nd round guy? Jackson will probably go to a team in the middle of the draft. 

i don't think this is mccagnan, that's why we don't have wentz.

i think the draft pivots at 2.  i think a qb is going there, but will it be the giants or buffalo, and will it be rosen or allen?  truth, if rosen makes it to 3, i can see mccagnan being more aggressive than if it's mayfield vs. allen.  

4 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

The Jets are in the drivers seat here - these reporters aren't really thinking it through - both of the Jets' 2's are higher than the Bill's and they're only moving down 3 spots - they'll lose out on Barkley but get the next best player they want.

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

i think the draft pivots at 2.  i think a qb is going there, but will it be the giants or buffalo, and will it be rosen or allen?  truth, if rosen makes it to 3, i can see mccagnan being more aggressive than if it's mayfield vs. allen.  

Giants are taking a QB.  I have no problem if Buffalo moves to 2 - that means the Giants are out of the QB race and the competition to trade up becomes MUCH less...Jets could get away much cheaper moving to 3.

Giants are taking a QB.

if darnold/rosen go 1/2, then the bills may well be very aggressive in trading with indy.  i'll assume allen is the target.  so then the jets would have to convince the browns that they'd still get barkley at 6, or else cleveland takes barkley and the broncos have a layup to mayfield if they want it.

Just now, Augustiniak said:

if darnold/rosen go 1/2, then the bills may well be very aggressive in trading with indy.  i'll assume allen is the target.  so then the jets would have to convince the browns that they'd still get barkley at 6, or else cleveland takes barkley and the broncos have a layup to mayfield if they want it.

Yes....which is why the Jets can not let the Bill beat them out for the 3rd pick.  It's just not acceptable - at all.  

More than welcome to trade for the 2nd though. - Let's hope the Giants trade out with the Bills..better for us.

4 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

WELP. We're taking Lamar Jackson at 6 then. 

If it goes

Browns - Darnold

Giants - Rosen

Colts - trade to Bills - Allen

Browns - Chubb/Barkley

Broncos - Mayfield

Jets - JACKSONNNN

Yes....which is why the Jets can not let the Bill beat them out for the 3rd pick.  It's just not acceptable - at all.  

More than welcome to trade for the 2nd though. - Let's hope the Giants trade out with the Bills..better for us.

i agree that the giants may trade out with buffalo.  that's why i think the giants control the draft.  rb/qb/trade.

Just now, MDL_JET said:

If it goes

Browns - Darnold

Giants - Rosen

Browns - Chubb/Barkley

Broncos - Mayfield

Jets - JACKSONNNN

at that point it may make the most sense ironically for him to explore trade down scenarios.  he'd get tarred and feathered if he took jackson at 6.  he may as well trade back and get more picks, someone would trade up for chubb or barkley at that point.

1 minute ago, MDL_JET said:

If it goes

Browns - Darnold

Giants - Rosen

Browns - Chubb/Barkley

Broncos - Mayfield

Jets - JACKSONNNN

No.  In this scenario, The jets take Barkley or Chubb (whichever is there) and then use one of the 2's plus a 3 to move up for Jackson. 

at that point it may make the most sense ironically for him to explore trade down scenarios.  he'd get tarred and feathered if he took jackson at 6.  he may as well trade back and get more picks, someone would trade up for chubb or barkley at that point.

And do what at QB? That's why Mac can't fuk around sitting at 6. He NEEDS a QB. Can't walk away day 1 of the draft without a QB.

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

or the jets take Barkley or Chubb (whichever is there) at #6 and then use one of the 2's plus a 3 to move up for Jackson. 

Just now, MDL_JET said:

And do what at QB? That's why Mac can't fuk around sitting at 6. He NEEDS a QB. Can't walk away day 1 of the draft without a QB.

do what?  do the same thing he's done for 4 years - wimp out.  take a qb in the 2nd round.  try to sell the fanbase it's all ok.  get fired.  it is a possibility.  teams need qbs besides the jets, we do not have an aggressive gm.

51 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Try this: See all these posts freaking out about what a great fit Mathieu would be here? Minkah is a bigger, more athletic Honey Badger who won’t cost you $11 mil per season.

It will cost approx. 1 HC and GM.

do what?  do the same thing he's done for 4 years - wimp out.  take a qb in the 2nd round.  try to sell the fanbase it's all ok.  get fired.  it is a possibility.  teams need qbs besides the jets, we do not have an aggressive gm.

Then he's a f'n moron. lol. It's go get a QB or be fired. It's quite simple. But guess we'll see. 

Just now, Dcat said:

or the jets take Barkley or Chubb (whichever is there) at #6 and then use one of the 2's plus a 3 to move up for Jackson. 

i still don't know what that does.  what is jackson?  what kind of offense does he run?  you may need to trade into the mid first round to get him. 

Just now, MDL_JET said:

Move up to where? 

to where they can get Jackson.  Jackson + barkley or Chubb would be the only somewhat acceptable scenario if we miss out on the top 4 QB prospects.  Or thak Chubb/Barkley at 6 and then use a 2 on Laulletta or White?

i acknowledge the possibility that mccagnan gets shut out of the qb derby b/c he's too cheap.

I don't buy it.  I think Mac knows his job is on the line - I really don't think he loses out on one of the 4. 

Honestly, if he doesn't come away with one of those 4 I'm not even sure he gets through the season - in fact I doubt he does.

Archived