Jump to content

FREE AGENT NEWS


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Many of the same people who have bitched incessantly for a year about drafting 2 safeties and abhor the idea of drafting Minkah Fitzpatrick are now whining that we didn't sign Tyran Mathieu.  If there

Posted Images

49ers sign Jerry Attaochu to one-year deal

Posted by Charean Williams on March 15, 2018, 5:46 PM

The 49ers have signed outside linebacker Jerry Attaochu to a one-year deal, his representatives, SportsTrust Advisors, announced on Twitter.

The Chargers moved up in the second round in 2014 to select Attaochu, who left Georgia Tech as the school’s all-time sack leader with 31.5. But his four seasons with the Chargers were defined by injuries

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

There is still Ebron and hey look on the bright side you can stat pitching TEs to us in the draft forum like there is no tomorrow.  Now where is Brandon Pettigrews phone number?

Don't you dare mention that sweet prince's name in here. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ken Shroy said:

Kirk and his agent can kiss my ass.

I wanted Kirk. Auto-stability. No need to surrender draft picks.

That said, he has put himself in a tough spot. Its SB or bust. Minny isnt the NY media but they have hardcore fans. And theyre hungry.  Expectations are as high as can be.

Meanwhile, in NY the expectations would be: get us to the playoffs as competitors and keep us there for the next 4 years. The team would have the resources to give him some weapons this year and cater the team to his needs. There’s nowhere to go but up.

In Minny, Diggs is about to command about 18-22M per year. They’ve already lost a key playmaker in McKinnon. Barr, Kendricks and Hunter all FA after next year. Minny will be in a bind to maintain their level of success. Their currently listed with about 30M in cap space after next year.

And Minny will again have to claw through the NFC gauntlet in the playoffs where they were already clobbered by PHI after a lucky win cs NO.

Good luck Kirk, you’re gonna need it.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

It's time for Kirk to piss or get off the pot.

He's a good QB, no argument but the circus around him being a FA is over, he's got his money and the team of his choosing. Time to deliver. If I'm Minny, I don't want to hear in 2 years time after going 9-7 and losing in the Wild Card any bitching or excuses. Kirk thinks he's that good, time to prove it.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, BrickTamland said:

I wanted Kirk. Auto-stability. No need to surrender draft picks.

That said, he has put himself in a tough spot. Its SB or bust. Minny isnt the NY media but they have hardcore fans. And theyre hungry.  Expectations are as high as can be.

Meanwhile, in NY the expectations would be: get us to the playoffs as competitors and keep us there for the next 4 years. The team would have the resources to give him some weapons this year and cater the team to his needs. There’s nowhere to go but up.

In Minny, Diggs is about to command about 18-22M per year. They’ve already lost a key playmaker in McKinnon. Barr, Kendricks and Hunter all FA after next year. Minny will be in a bind to maintain their level of success. Their currently listed with about 30M in cap space after next year.

And Minny will again have to claw through the NFC gauntlet in the playoffs where they were already clobbered by PHI after a lucky win cs NO.

Good luck Kirk, you’re gonna need it.

 

That teams is going to implode.  They cant afford to sign their core players, unless they try amd back load the contracts.  Diggs, Kendricks, Barr, Floyd are all on the final year of their contracts.  They could draft well, restructure contracts etc, but as you stated its super bowl or bust.  Hell his contract even spells that out with the supwr bowl incentives.  He turned down the chance to be a legend in NY, and was my favorite player in his draft class.  Now, he deserves what he gets.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

49ers sign Jerry Attaochu to one-year deal

Posted by Charean Williams on March 15, 2018, 5:46 PM

The 49ers have signed outside linebacker Jerry Attaochu to a one-year deal, his representatives, SportsTrust Advisors, announced on Twitter.

The Chargers moved up in the second round in 2014 to select Attaochu, who left Georgia Tech as the school’s all-time sack leader with 31.5. But his four seasons with the Chargers were defined by injuries

Dissapointing. Should have been a 1 year with the Jets 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, The Walrus said:

It's time for Kirk to piss or get off the pot.

He's a good QB, no argument but the circus around him being a FA is over, he's got his money and the team of his choosing. Time to deliver. If I'm Minny, I don't want to hear in 2 years time after going 9-7 and losing in the Wild Card any bitching or excuses. Kirk thinks he's that good, time to prove it.

 

 

It's going to be awesome when Bridgewater turns out to be a better QB than Kirk.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It's going to be awesome when Bridgewater turns out to be a better QB than Kirk.

Might not be a popular hope or opinion around here but I think the guy will turn out to be a franchise guy given time (he's only 25) and that when we draft a rookie in the first we may very well have 2 guys we have to decide over this time next year.

Wouldn't it be ironic that we have no one for decades and two come long at once.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

That was kind of painful to warch lol he didn't seem ready for this interview at all.

25 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I love that this guy doesn't include the Jets as an option for Rosen 

Yeah, like it doesn't get cold or snow in Jersey. Lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, K Clue said:

That was kind of painful to warch lol he didn't seem ready for this interview at all.

Yeah, like it doesn't get cold or snow in Jersey. Lol

“Why are you the best QB” is consistently one of the dumbest questions asked every year. I’d venture to guess that, like Rodgers and Eli, Rosen is a little aspergery, so answering something as dopey as that won’t come naturally.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Anyone watch the news conference? Cousins came across like a completely entitled, greedy douche, that was ALL about the guaranteed money thing and acting like he did some amazing solid for the rest of the NFL. He is a complete phony and loser, the equivalent of Mevi$ in a lot of ways. Dodged a big bullet with this guy.

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Anyone watch the news conference? Cousins came across like a completely entitled, greedy douche, that was ALL about the guaranteed money thing and acting like he did some amazing solid for the rest of the NFL. He is a complete phony and loser, the equivalent of Mevi$ in a lot of ways. Dodged a big bullet with this guy.

I'm sour on Cousins too but that more so because of his agents quote about not taking the most money. I thought he handled his press conference well. Taking the fully guaranteed 3 year deal is far better than anything we could have offered. He took less money for himself (to cash in again) and for players across the league. NFLPA will forever love how he handled his business.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...