FREE AGENT NEWS

joewilly12

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I looked at the march madness scores a few minutes ago.  I think your new avatar is going to be short lived.  :P

Yuip.  Uga will be back tonight.  We kept it interesting -- with a double digit led in the first half.  But getting Kansas in Wichita is a tough draw.

10 minutes ago, C Mart said:

ASJ to Jax on 2 yr deal

Jordan Schultz‏ @Schultz_Report

Austin Seferian-Jenkins signs two year deal with Jags, per source

via his IG:

Gratitude. The only word I can describe my experience of being a New York Jet. Gratitude to Mr. Johnson for allowing me to be part of his organization. Gratitude to Coach Johnson and Coach Morton for believing me in and pushing me to be a better man and Tight End every single day. Gratitude for Coach Bowles and Mr. Maccagnan for understanding that we are human and despite our mistakes, there are things in life called second chances. And that’s exactly what they gave me. Gratitude for Brian Heimerdinger for instilling in me that my story was a fresh start at the Jets and that I was able to rewrite my wrongs. Gratitude to @bmarshall for becoming a brother, a friend, and most importantly a mentor to support me through the tough times. Gratitude for my brothers.. my teammates who kept me pushing when I needed it the most. Gratitude for the front office staff who accepted me into the organization with a fresh start. And most importantly, gratitude for some of the most amazing fans in league! The loyal ones. The ones who have allowed me to share my story but more importantly been along for the journey. I will truly miss the city of New York and all that it represents to me. I have so much love for this city and it holds such a special place to me. It’s surely not a goodbye but a see you later New York. Wishing the entire organization nothing but the best, but it’s time for the next chapter of my journey. Jacksonville, I’m ready for you. Ready to represent the black, teal, white, and gold. Duval County, I’m ready to see what the #DTWD is all about!

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Completely agree. Our current TEs better be the real deal because losing him for that kind of money is a joke.

4 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I kind of agree. He's easily our best TE since Keller in his prime, and we really have nothing at the position at the moment.

Really? 50 catches for 350 and several drops. I think he is a guy that has turned around his life which is awesome but he was and is seriously overrated and still being evaluated through the prism of his original draft grade rather than his on field performance.

2 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Really? 50 catches for 350 and several drops. I think he is a guy that has turned around his life which is awesome but he was and is seriously overrated and still being evaluated through the prism of his original draft grade rather than his on field performance.

Well, I said he was our best TE since Keller... Look at other Jets TEs in that span. I'm comparing him favorably to Jeff Cumberland.

That said, I liked his talent and thought he was a good well rounded player, and I don't think that money is too much for a player like him, despite his drops. If McCown stays healthy I think his final numbers are better too.

17 minutes ago, Paradis said:

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

There is still Ebron and hey look on the bright side you can stat pitching TEs to us in the draft forum like there is no tomorrow.  Now where is Brandon Pettigrews phone number?

30 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

So this is how you repay us for getting your life in order, you kick us in the balls and leave us without a tight end

Lol “gratitude”.  But he says “It’s surely not a goodbye but a see you later New York”.  I think that means if he screws up again he’ll come a-knockin’. 

Honestly, though, the Jets used him as much as he used them.  It’s just business. The thing I don’t care for is the over-the-top IG post. 

I’m sure he does appreciate the Jets for giving him a 2nd chance and he probably appreciates some of his teammates and all.  But ultimately he used us to cash in and we used him as a low risk high reward player at a position we were in dire need of help at.

Archived