FREE AGENT NEWS

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Many of the same people who have bitched incessantly for a year about drafting 2 safeties and abhor the idea of drafting Minkah Fitzpatrick are now whining that we didn't sign Tyran Mathieu.  If there

Posted Images

Just now, MDL_JET said:

2 for 8.

He can make up to 11

tells me the jets made an offer that they figured would be outdone by someone.  sounds like the jets really didn't want him, but if they could get him for cheap, they'd take him back.  

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I looked at the march madness scores a few minutes ago.  I think your new avatar is going to be short lived.  :P

Yuip.  Uga will be back tonight.  We kept it interesting -- with a double digit led in the first half.  But getting Kansas in Wichita is a tough draw.

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Completely agree. Our current TEs better be the real deal because losing him for that kind of money is a joke.

2 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Really? 50 catches for 350 and several drops. I think he is a guy that has turned around his life which is awesome but he was and is seriously overrated and still being evaluated through the prism of his original draft grade rather than his on field performance.

Well, I said he was our best TE since Keller... Look at other Jets TEs in that span. I'm comparing him favorably to Jeff Cumberland.

That said, I liked his talent and thought he was a good well rounded player, and I don't think that money is too much for a player like him, despite his drops. If McCown stays healthy I think his final numbers are better too.

17 minutes ago, Paradis said:

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

There is still Ebron and hey look on the bright side you can stat pitching TEs to us in the draft forum like there is no tomorrow.  Now where is Brandon Pettigrews phone number?

30 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

So this is how you repay us for getting your life in order, you kick us in the balls and leave us without a tight end

Lol “gratitude”.  But he says “It’s surely not a goodbye but a see you later New York”.  I think that means if he screws up again he’ll come a-knockin’. 

Honestly, though, the Jets used him as much as he used them.  It’s just business. The thing I don’t care for is the over-the-top IG post. 

I’m sure he does appreciate the Jets for giving him a 2nd chance and he probably appreciates some of his teammates and all.  But ultimately he used us to cash in and we used him as a low risk high reward player at a position we were in dire need of help at.

• Like 1