Jets can impress Kirk Cousins by signing a top wide receiver

Patriot Killa

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

We all have Twitter. We don’t need a f-cking copy/paste machine racing to spam the board and create threads on old news we have already read.

No one appreciates this. We don’t need you to perform this service.  So stop. We don’t need a paperboy. 

SAR I

wrong.  That's precisely what this board is for, among other things.  I want to read about every prospect and possible FA acquisition, no matter how speculative right here.  

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

I wouldn’t mind signing Allen Hurns on a 3-4 year deal. 

?

He is still under contract to the Jags for those 3 years.  When the cut him (likely) you could pick him up.  He is signed through 2020 @ $7M/$8M/$10M.  That is a bunch of scratch for 500 yards receiving and I guy who has fallen behind Marqise Lee, Keenan Cole and Dede Westbrook on the depth chart.  People (including me) remember the big 2015, but his upward trajectory stopped with his big contract in 2016. He'd be a bigger signing than Quinton Patton, but I'm not sure by how much.

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

Remember when Brees was going 7-9 and 8-8 for like 5 years before this last season where he actually had players.

i do.

Drew Brees shared a backfield with LaDainian Tomlinson and went 11-4 and 9-7 in his final 2 years before leaving SD. 

24 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Drew Brees shared a backfield with LaDainian Tomlinson and went 11-4 and 9-7 in his final 2 years before leaving SD. 

I’m talking about the Saints the last few seasons before this first good season in forever. From 2014, 2015 and 2016 ALL 7-9 records. 3 years in a row. Take it back two seasons to 2012? 7-9 that year TOO.

Brees is considered a elite QB who can elevate his team but why does his 7-9 team record reflect as though he can’t do those things? Because he’s not god. He still needs his Michael Thomas, Alvin Kamara, Mark Ingram, Jimmy Graham(when he was there), Kenny Stills(when he was there), Colston, Max Unger, Armstead. I mean you people act like if a QB doesn’t make cherry pie with sh*t for the filling than he’s a POS or not good enough of a QB ..lol and that’s AFTER all the Sanchez, Geno’s and Fitzpatrick’s. 

This contract he gets isn’t going to the top dollar contract for that long. Want to indite him for something? Don’t use that record. That’s a BS angle.

46 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

?

He is still under contract to the Jags for those 3 years.  When the cut him (likely) you could pick him up.  He is signed through 2020 @ $7M/$8M/$10M.  That is a bunch of scratch for 500 yards receiving and I guy who has fallen behind Marqise Lee, Keenan Cole and Dede Westbrook on the depth chart.  People (including me) remember the big 2015, but his upward trajectory stopped with his big contract in 2016. He'd be a bigger signing than Quinton Patton, but I'm not sure by how much.

I thought he was a RFA this year? 

Could be wrong. I honestly don’t like the WR FA market at all this year with Robinson and Landry gone. I say go get another guy in the draft if you covet him enough. Unfortunately, FA comes before the draft, so we may need to sign a capable WR just in case that opportunity in the draft doesn’t present itself. Doesn’t have to be a flashy signing. I just don’t want to be left out in the cold when it comes to getting another quality wide out. 

We need one.

15 hours ago, Pac said:

Jon Brown is the only one on that list worth investigating.  High upside with a reasonable price tag.

13 Mil for Allen is insane.

Watkins was the 3rd option on the Rams behind Woods and Cooper Kupp.  The guy hasn't had 2 good games in a row since 2015.

John Brown would be an interesting signing.  He has the SCT which has to be managed.  Tevin Coleman, who also plays with SCT, wasn't sure he could play in Denver due to the disease.  Arians also pointed out that SCT was one of the reasons for Brown's slow recovery.  It can be managed but there may be limitations and a few drawbacks.

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

We all have Twitter. We don’t need a f-cking copy/paste machine racing to spam the board and create threads on old news we have already read.

No one appreciates this. We don’t need you to perform this service.  So stop. We don’t need a paperboy. 

SAR I

So start posting some thoughts.....

Saw this snippet not too long ago on the Jets spending...what does it meannnnn! What former pro bowl WR would be available for trade?? 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/the-jets-with-cash-to-burn-are-one-of-six-teams-that-could-dictate-this-nfl-offseason/

Oh, and they will come after Kirk Cousins with vigor and intensity and still have a massive amount of resources left to spend on upgrading around him. More than enough to sign a guy like Jarvis Landry if they like, or to acquire a former Pro Bowl receiver via trade should they wish (more on those options later).

Probably nothing, but there's nothing else to talk about. 

2 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Saw this snippet not too long ago on the Jets spending...what does it meannnnn! What former pro bowl WR would be available for trade?? 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/the-jets-with-cash-to-burn-are-one-of-six-teams-that-could-dictate-this-nfl-offseason/

Oh, and they will come after Kirk Cousins with vigor and intensity and still have a massive amount of resources left to spend on upgrading around him. More than enough to sign a guy like Jarvis Landry if they like, or to acquire a former Pro Bowl receiver via trade should they wish (more on those options later).

Probably nothing, but there's nothing else to talk about. 

SAVE IT WE ALL HAVE A TWITTER!!!

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

Can’t wait.

Then the Paperboy will end his “Gotta hurry!  The guys on JN need me to copy/paste every article with the word ‘Jets’ in it!” fetish and the board will be readable again. 

SAR I

Man, how crazy would that be if it were a legit fetish. Guy hits CTRL Z and it’s on. 

:ponders things, starts staring at keyboard curiously:

14 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I thought he was a RFA this year? 

Could be wrong. I honestly don’t like the WR FA market at all this year with Robinson and Landry gone. I say go get another guy in the draft if you covet him enough. Unfortunately, FA comes before the draft, so we may need to sign a capable WR just in case that opportunity in the draft doesn’t present itself. Doesn’t have to be a flashy signing. I just don’t want to be left out in the cold when it comes to getting another quality wide out. 

We need one.

Hurns signed an extension of 5/$41M in 2016.  He may be a cap casualty, but also could redo his deal.  I like Watkins considerably more than most around here and I think he is one of the guys that can really be a #1, carry an offense if he is rolling and force teams to roll coverage.  He did not have a great year and got a concussion in his one big game, but he scored TDs, (including in 4 of the last 5) which is a big help.  OTOH, I am sure he is going to get paid and I understand not wanting to pay him serious money.  Certainly a guy to kick the tires on, but not a sign at any cost guy.

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

Hurns signed an extension of 5/$41M in 2016.  He may be a cap casualty, but also could redo his deal.  I like Watkins considerably more than most around here and I think he is one of the guys that can really be a #1, carry an offense if he is rolling and force teams to roll coverage.  He did not have a great year and got a concussion in his one big game, but he scored TDs, (including in 4 of the last 5) which is a big help.  OTOH, I am sure he is going to get paid and I understand not wanting to pay him serious money.  Certainly a guy to kick the tires on, but not a sign at any cost guy.

I like Watkins but he has been injury prone since he stepped on the field. If he could stay on the field then that would be great for the team that hems with. He’s obviously an impact player whenever he’s on the field. I do think he does fit well with a team that has a ample amount of capable WR’s so that if he is injured, it wouldn’t impact the ability of the passing game as much.

15 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

But back to being serious, Mike Evans is an alright option but what has he done? 

The question about Evans is why Tampa would move him, not what has he done.  In four years he has 4 1,000+ yard seasons, 2 12 TD seasons.  Big issues are that he is a target hog and does not have a great catch percentage and his agent appears to be seeking a huge deal.  He is playing on the 5th year option (I think $13.5M) and won't even discuss a long-term deal.  That is presumably because, like Landry, they expect to get paid.  It's the same agent that told/forced teams not to draft La'el Collins. 

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

The question about Evans is why Tampa would move him, not what has he done.  In four years he has 4 1,000+ yard seasons, 2 12 TD seasons.  Big issues are that he is a target hog and does not have a great catch percentage and his agent appears to be seeking a huge deal.  He is playing on the 5th year option (I think $13.5M) and won't even discuss a long-term deal.  That is presumably because, like Landry, they expect to get paid.  It's the same agent that told/forced teams not to draft La'el Collins. 

Wait, is this Mike Evans availability an actual thing or speculation?

4 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I hope not.  WR is the last spot any team should spend big money on.

This is not even close to true.  

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

Wait, is this Mike Evans availability an actual thing or speculation?

Don't ask me. MDL floated it.  Presumably, they would listen since it is his walk year, but that means real assets + big money.

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

This is not even close to true.  

Don't ask me. MDL floated it.  Presumably, they would listen since it is his walk year, but that means real assets + big money.

His link said former Pro Bowler so it’s pretty unclear exactly who it is, Evans wouldn’t be a bad move at all though now that I have looked up his production and size 

16 hours ago, k-met57 said:

Guys like Watkins done become number 1 receivers. He is too injury prone, his production is never in-line with his talent, and this would be his third team in 4 years.

Agree.  Watkins is made of glass Jets fans overrate him because he blasted Revis after visiting a buffett 

Somewhat related: It's crazy how much impact the the Jaguars' FAs will have over this whole offseason. 

You got

Aaron Colvin -- a legit CB

Allen Robinson -- major WR (coming off injury)

Marqise Lee -- decent WR

The Blake Bortles Question -- is his contract going to be guaranteed or what (ie are they players for Kirk Cousins?)

Crazy 

Archived