BRANDON PARKER North Carolina A&T OT
ARDEN KEY LSU EDGE
NICK NELSON Wisconsin CB
MAURICE HURST Michigan DT
JOHNNY TOWNSEND Florida P
AZEEM VICTOR Washington ILB
MARCELL ATEMAN Oklahoma State WR

Gruden Pfail with a capital P.

I wasn't too happy with where either Offenselineman were drafted .( what was still on the board)   They probably overreached there.   It was a major need ( Tackle), and it's all about keeping Carr upright. ( Have all the pieces on offense just need One of those tackles to pan out.)     Both tackles are very athletic specimens/ ideal what you want your tackles to look like-  that  we're going to see if Tom Cable can develop them.  Miller played three years at right tackle.( upgraded that position bigtime.ex garbage Jet Giacomini probably makes the team ( familiarity with blocking scheme that you  don't want protecting Carr.( not with the pass rushers in the Afc West). 

The other picks I didn't have a problem with as I like the gamble they took.  not to mention acquire Two Wr's M Bryant( brings another dimension to receiving corps, and Ryan Switzer ( slot, and returner) .    Amari Cooper, Martavis Bryant, and Jordy Nelson  form a dangerous trio that all can play anywhere.

Pj Hall- fits perfectly in the defense they will run( Bengals4-3  defense/ one gap - 6'1 310 4.7 39 inch vertical 36 bp) Maurice Hurst was a first round talent that they got in fifth round( heart - no restrictions on him) , and Arden Key reminds a lot of people of Aldon Smith( good and bad- can he stay out of trouble).   Key gives the Raiders a third pass rusher behind K Mack and B Irvin . ( give both a breather now and than so they are fresh when it matters - didn't have that last year).  Now throw in Hurst, Hall, and Mario Edwards( rushing inside) and that's a lot pressure they are going to put on opposing Qbs.( a lot of depth on the defense line)

The punter they drafted(best directional punter) landed them their place kicker .  That area should be settled for the next ten years,   

Last I never liked Gruden hire/ offense he runs , but if Carr brother correct than I feel much better .    Gruden is incorporating a lot of new things he learned watching 10 plus years of various NFL practices .( taken a lot new  parts, and combining with his old  offense , to come up with his new  unique offense. A lot of shifting, and a lot of Qb freedom to audibles to get the best matchup  against any particular defense.   If Qb reads correctly should have an answer for anything a defense throws at them.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Dcat said:

aaah there you are!  Change of topic-

Almost every pick a huge reach at its spot:

KOLTON MILLER UCLA OT
P.J. HALL Sam Houston St. NT
BRANDON PARKER North Carolina A&T OT
ARDEN KEY LSU EDGE
NICK NELSON Wisconsin CB
MAURICE HURST Michigan DT
JOHNNY TOWNSEND Florida P
AZEEM VICTOR Washington ILB
MARCELL ATEMAN Oklahoma State WR

Gruden Pfail with a capital P.

It's not a fail yet, but it's a longshot.

He was a bad pick. Hackenberg was a malcontent at PSU under Franklin, but Maccagnan took a chance because O'Brien probably had  good things to say about him from his freshman year. And besides Maccagnan has wasted 2nd rounders like he changes his socks. Don't think the Bowles regime did him in favors, but Hackenberg's biggest problems are in his mirror. There are only 32 NFL teams, and none of them want to have a douchebag backup QB when they can get a non douchebag backup QB just as cheaply. 

On 5/22/2018 at 10:41 PM, Jetsplayer21 said:

Lol of course you don’t expect him to have a good camp his rookie yr. He second wasn’t much better but you still don’t know until you throw him in the game. I think Bowles was expecting A LOT more than Petty, but not everybody plays real games same as they do in half speed pre-season. 

Either way is camp results mean a qb can’t improve at all during the yr ? I agree with you petty deserved to play first. But once it was established he was total junk after 3 games, you throw hackenberg the last game. 

Bowles thinking is just messed up all around. So he still believed Petty gave him the best chance to win I guess ? Say he does pull 1 out his arse and we win the last game. How much further we moving back in the draft ? Maybe colts don’t want to trade back that far. Would definitely cost our #1 next yr too if they did. There would be a line from route 3 to kick Todd Bowles in the nuts for a “ moral victory “ if it meant us losing Sam Darnold. Lol

People are actually still blaming Hackenberg stinking and never playing on Bowles?

So what is the line going to be when Gruden cuts him?

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

As SB Nation's Levi Damien revealed, Hackenberg's day involved back-to-back brutal plays, the first of which was him being "sacked" (they can't actually hit quarterbacks in practice) by Bruce Irvin. The team's newest quarterback then followed that up by tossing a pick-six to cornerback Rashaan Melvin. 

Gruden must have gone ballistic on Hackentard lol

14 minutes ago, tfine said:

Oh great. Another Hack thread. Only Jet fans can still be pissed about a low 2nd round pick 3 years ago that didn’t work out.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Indeed.  No other fanbase in the league would be upset when a 2nd round pick at the most important position on the field and a position where the Jets haven’t had stability since the moon landing can’t even earn garbage time reps all while missing the playoffs for 3 consecutive seasons under this regime and 7 years in total.  Only Jets fans!

9 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

The odds aren't very good with the Jets getting anything back in that trade.   With that said ,it's  way too early to judge any player( new to the team) off of a couple of plays in shorts. 

What happens when training camp starts will go a long way if Hackenberg will win a job with the Raiders, not now when he just learning a very complex offense.( so many shifts and reads a Qb must make at the line of scrimmage - offense designed to take advantage of anything the defense  shows.

Hackenberg probably going to have to do a lot of studying( playbook)  now till training camp- to have any chance to win a job. That in addition to continue improving his accuracy. ( again a lot on his plate , and why the chances aren't great of him making the team,

No doubt it's a long shot. I never thought his motion was the problem. 

It's the dreaded "deer in the headlights" look 

His first pre-season he chucked a ball backwards over his shoulder while being sacked 

Total panic move 

I think Gruden will stash him on the PS to avoid giving the Jets a pick and try to coach him up 

9 minutes ago, kelly said:

this might work..

Very Best Wishes for Christian !   ?

You are being way too kind, sir.  I would have wished him well had he not tried to blame his own failures on the Jets. Fck him. He'll be out of football in short enough time. He won't even make a team in the CFL. 

11 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

The odds aren't very good with the Jets getting anything back in that trade.   With that said ,it's  way too early to judge any player( new to the team) off of a couple of plays in shorts. 

What happens when training camp starts will go a long way if Hackenberg will win a job with the Raiders, not now when he just learning a very complex offense.( so many shifts and reads a Qb must make at the line of scrimmage - offense designed to take advantage of anything the defense  shows.

Hackenberg probably going to have to do a lot of studying( playbook)  now till training camp- to have any chance to win a job. That in addition to continue improving his accuracy. ( again a lot on his plate , and why the chances aren't great of him making the team,

Would be very surprised if he beat out Conner Cook who was a better prospect IMHO - interesting that we have not heard much about his progress...

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

People are actually still blaming Hackenberg stinking and never playing on Bowles?

So what is the line going to be when Gruden cuts him?

Lol ya hackenberg is garbage. We as fans deserved to watch the comedy show play. I refused to buy more peanuts to throw at the worst qb in nfl ( Petty) but for a new fresh scrub I would have bought more ?‍♂️

On 6/2/2018 at 12:26 PM, Jetsplayer21 said:

Lol ya hackenberg is garbage. We as fans deserved to watch the comedy show play. I refused to buy more peanuts to throw at the worst qb in nfl ( Petty) but for a new fresh scrub I would have bought more ?‍♂️

Petty also deserves to be on unemployment too but Tanenbaum wouldn’t know a good qb if one jumped out of the toilet and but him on the taint

Times up for Hackenturd.  Gruden is as no nonsense and crazy as it gets chewing out young QBs I’m sure he’s screaming at Hack right now for throwing another pick 6 in 7 on 7s

On 6/2/2018 at 10:21 AM, tfine said:

Oh great. Another Hack thread. Only Jet fans can still be pissed about a low 2nd round pick 3 years ago that didn’t work out.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Because people like you were making excuses for that lousy second round pick for two years and blaming everything and everyone else for him being beyond horrible 

30 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Petty also deserves to be on unemployment too but Tanenbaum wouldn’t know a good qb if one jumped out of the toilet and but him on the taint

Times up for Hackenturd.  Gruden is as no nonsense and crazy as it gets chewing out young QBs I’m sure he’s screaming at Hack right now for throwing another pick 6 in 7 on 7s

Maybe thats what he needs?  Time will tell

I mean most people who had eyes and were able to see knew Hack was garbage but I must admit it worries me seeing as Hack left this building as bad as he did when drafted.  Now Bowles has a legit QB prospect we are supposed to believe he will do things differently because why?

13 hours ago, SpartanJet said:

I mean most people who had eyes and were able to see knew Hack was garbage but I must admit it worries me seeing as Hack left this building as bad as he did when drafted.  Now Bowles has a legit QB prospect we are supposed to believe he will do things differently because why?

Bates is doing that job. - If Sam can half play, and Bowles holds him back Bowles will be getting canned.

This Team needs an Offensive minded HC. We keep picking these defensive Dinosaurs. It's not 1985 you aren't winning many games 10-7

On 6/2/2018 at 12:25 PM, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Would be very surprised if he beat out Conner Cook who was a better prospect IMHO - interesting that we have not heard much about his progress...

Wut progress?

13 hours ago, SpartanJet said:

Coaches coach and players play.  Whether or not Darnold pans out ultimately hasn’t little to do with Bowles

Archived