Darnold Has Already Defeated Tom Brady

flgreen

Sam Darnold has already defeated Tom Brady — just not on the field.

According to the Dick’s Sporting Goods Football Jersey Report, the Jets rookie quarterback’s jersey is awfully popular. In fact, it’s more popular than Brady’s.

p?c1=7&c2=6921732&c3=100

dick-s_sporting_goods_sam_darnold.png?w=

As you can see, Darnold is eighth in jersey sales, while the New England legend ranks ninth.

Darnold could not, however, top fellow New York rookie Saquon Barkley. The Giants running back placed first overall. Denver’s Bradley Chubb was the only other rookie to finish ahead of Darnold, as the defensive end ranked seventh.

Like this article?

Sign up for the Jets Wire email newsletter to get our top stories in your inbox every morning

Darnold, just 21, is already viewed as the face of the Jets franchise. He’s the big, new name in the AFC East, so it’s no surprise that he’s outselling Brady. However, Darnold has higher aspirations than beating Brady in jersey sales. He wants to beat him on the field and in the standings.

For now, No. 12 still holds the thrown that really matters.

31 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Denver must be some jersey buying fools.   Two in the top 7

This is a list of top jersey sales at Dick's Sporting Goods, which has a big presence in the Denver area.  Probably just a product of that.

3 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

Unfortunately, the jerseys still have that semi-circular piece of cloth that runs from armpit to armpit. UGLY. No more jerseys for me, authentic or otherwise, until that goes.

On 6/24/2018 at 3:01 AM, Jet Fan RI said:

Unfortunately, the jerseys still have that semi-circular piece of cloth that runs from armpit to armpit. UGLY. No more jerseys for me, authentic or otherwise, until that goes.

Sorry this made me laugh. It's a jersey not a prom dress

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Sorry this made me laugh. It's a jersey not a prom dress

Huh? Prom dress? The damn things are UGLY. Not looking to go to a prom in one. Or anyplace else for that matter. I'll stick with my authentic Namath jersey or my Chrebet knockoff until these hunks of garbage are replaced with something that looks good. 

Archived