Jets to start 4-0 courtesy NFL Network

LIJetsFan

Considering that Josh McCown has never won 3 games in a row, if our Alpha male 21 year old athletic QB can't beat him out for the starting job in camp & preseason, I think we drafted the wrong guy.

Josh isn't Drew Bledsoe, Brett Favre or Alex Smith, so there is absolutely no reason I would believe that Sams upside as he gets more experience each game enhances the Jets chances as the season progresses. Josh McCown will NOT be getting BETTER as he heads towards 40 years old & drags his sore azz out of bed after Sunday, Monday or Thursdays games. 

40 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Considering that Josh McCown has never won 3 games in a row, if our Alpha male 21 year old athletic QB can't beat him out for the starting job in camp & preseason, I think we drafted the wrong guy.

Josh isn't Drew Bledsoe, Brett Favre or Alex Smith, so there is absolutely no reason I would believe that Sams upside as he gets more experience each game enhances the Jets chances as the season progresses. Josh McCown will NOT be getting BETTER as he heads towards 40 years old & drags his sore azz out of bed after Sunday, Monday or Thursdays games. 

Josh McCown is 23-50 as an NFL starting QB you are 110% correct if Darnold or Bridgewater cant beat him out for the starting job we are in deep trouble. 

On 7/21/2018 at 8:22 AM, slats said:

Not a fan of Bowles, but I'm thinking he understands just how closely tied his job security is to Sam Darnold's rapid development. They're going to do everything they can to help him win the job outright. 

keep in mind there's a reason the NFL scheduled the  Jets on the first Monday night game of the year. Someone must have told Johnson at the owners meetings make sure ******* Darnold iis in there.

NFL conspiracy theory central

Lions, Fins and Browns are winnable games for the Jets this year but thanks to the schedule makers those games will be played in just 10 days (Sept 10th, 16th and 20th)

Half of the time usually allocated for preparation, recovery and development

At the same time, the Jets will be breaking in a new OC (similar offense?), new C calling protections and new MLB calling defenses - all with a shorter offseason to get the team ready to play thanks to the CBA

Not an ideal start for a rookie QB, but if they win the first 3 or 2 of 3 they will have 10 days to prepare for the Jags so that game could get interesting 

9 hours ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Lions, Fins and Browns are winnable games for the Jets this year but thanks to the schedule makers those games will be played in just 10 days (Sept 10th, 16th and 20th)

Half of the time usually allocated for preparation, recovery and development

At the same time, the Jets will be breaking in a new OC (similar offense?), new C calling protections and new MLB calling defenses - all with a shorter offseason to get the team ready to play thanks to the CBA

Not an ideal start for a rookie QB, but if they win the first 3 or 2 of 3 they will have 10 days to prepare for the Jags so that game could get interesting 

If anything that should help Darnold because McCown will get nicked up probably in the lions game and will have less time to recover from the injury before  the next game

Archived