Jets to start 4-0 courtesy NFL Network

LIJetsFan

That’s the NFL network. I stopped listening when the guy said he liked Todd Bowles. A lot would have to break the right way for the Jets to make the playoffs. I don’t see that happening this year. Some things are moving in the right direction but they aren’t there yet. 

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If they start 4-0 with McCown starting, does Bowles ever get around to putting Darnold in? 

“ Josh is our man, he is out there getting it done , Sams a great kid and we are glad to have him.” 

32 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If they start 4-0 with McCown starting, does Bowles ever get around to putting Darnold in? 

Week 17, when the Jets would be 15-0. McCown isn’t going 4-0. Darnold may very well do. 

32 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

Yeah these guys were pretty far fetched considering they didn't address the QB issue at all.  It's almost like they didn't know wtf they were talking about.  

Well they did say rookie QB battle so yeah, they knew the situation but I think they were doing a best case scenario to sneak into the playoffs. 

Jesus H Christ. All I want to see is improvement across the board. If they go with Darnold out of TC HE MUST PLAY THE WHOLE SEASON unless circumstances dictate otherwise. If its McCown and TB is traded then Darnold must start at some point. If TB somehow wins the job it should only be to showcase him for a trade at or near the deadline. The point is Darnold is the future and at some point this year he has to be in there. I truly don't care about the teams record this year unless they regress. If that happens Bowles should be gone and for me thats a win as well. McCown should not start more than 6-7 games  but with Bowles as coach this could happen. IMO the only way that happens is if Darnold is clearly not ready which based on what has been reported so far is pretty far-fetched.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

McCown has never won four games in a row in his 16-year career. Seems unlikely he’ll get there with this particular group.

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Not a fan of Bowles, but I'm thinking he understands just how closely tied his job security is to Sam Darnold's rapid development. They're going to do everything they can to help him win the job outright. 

4 minutes ago, slats said:

Not a fan of Bowles, but I'm thinking he understands just how closely tied his job security is to Sam Darnold's rapid development. They're going to do everything they can to help him win the job outright. 

Yep. His wagon is 100% tied to that horse.

The fact that Todd Bowles is in charge of developing and setting the tone for our new franchise Qb is making me throw up in my mouth.

National media really  have no clue at all about teams coaches, none at all.

They see Bowles fake tough guy image and like it.

They project the jets to win no games and they win 5 and they like it.

They simply do not see enough of the team or the coach day to day to have any grip on the performance of the coach.

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The fact that Todd Bowles is in charge of developing and setting the tone for our new franchise Qb is making me throw up in my mouth.

National media really  have no clue at all about teams coaches, none at all.

They see Bowles fake tough guy image and like it.

They project the jets to win no games and they win 5 and they like it.

They simply do not see enough of the team or the coach day to day to have any grip on the performance of the coach.

No wonder one o my mates who migrated over to this site form another Jets site named himself

bowles movement.

he's a turd.

1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

McCown has never won four games in a row in his 16-year career. Seems unlikely he’ll get there with this particular group.

Yeah but... he’s never had a blue chip rookie lighting a fire under his ass either. 

Kinda like last year with Alex Smith. Eighteen years in the league, and he never once attempted the long ball. Then Pat Mahomes shows up, and boom, Tyreek Hill is fast all of a sudden, and Smith can hit him on the 60 from one knee. 

Or like Joe Flacco. He doesn’t meet with his receivers or TEs in the off-season; doesn’t even reply to texts (probably). Then boom, “Balee-Dat” shows up and now he’s all about, private practices, slumber parties, and instagram. 

To be clear, Josh McCown has surpassed 3 wins only twice in his entire15 year career; once in 2004 (when Darnold was born), and last year (when 5 wins netted us the #6 overall).  When he starts piling up the W’s, it’ll be a testament to just HOW GOOD Sam Darnold really is.

1 hour ago, slats said:

Agreed but the name of the game is winning . Remember Herm " You play the game to win." ? Sam WILL get his shot but if we're 4-0 Todd not messing with it IMHO.

4 hours ago, The Crusher said:

“ Josh is our man, he is out there getting it done , Sams a great kid and we are glad to have him.” 

“Sam’s continuing to grow but he’s not there yet. Josh is the leader of this team and he’s our guy.”

11-5? I would love to believe that , I really would but who the heck knows what we will be? No way to even try to predict based upon so many new players and coaches. James Jones loves Todd Bowles LMFAO and has us winning in Jax. Lost me there, but it is great to see someone optimistic about our chances, haven't seen or heard that in ages. Last July we were talking 0-16.

Archived