Should we be concerned that Marcus Maye is seeming injury prone?

Patriot Killa

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

He has been hurt since last year. Should we be concerned?

Injury prone?  Idk.  He missed some time as senior with a broken forearm if I'm not mistaken but otherwise, I dont recall Maye missing too many games otherwise. 

7 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

As a fan base we are extremely loyal, in most cases knowledgeable. But damn, we are a negative bunch.

20 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

He played in all 16 games in his rookie year. A little early to be sticking that label on him, don't you think?

Woah I didn’t stick him with any label, I asked the forum if we should be concerned being that he played in the PS game but has been in and out of the loop due to his ankle/knee all summer.

that is all i’m saying. I said “seeming” injury prone for that specific reason.

It's football. A physical sport. Injuries happen to the best of them. 

But it's not right to question this Marcus Maye kids toughness or label him as injury prone. 

As a Gator during his final three seasons of play he played in 32 out of a possible 36 games (88.8%) and just last year as a Rookie on an NFL level he played and started all 16 games (100%). 

As a fan I'm not aware if he'll suit up come Monday Night or not, but I do know that since dating back to the previous 4 years of football Marcus Maye himself has played in a combined 48 out of a possible 52 ball games (92.3%). 

92.3%. 

Just now, Defense Wins Championships said:

But it's not right to question this Marcus Maye kids toughness or label him as injury prone. 

As a Gator during his final three seasons he played in 32 out of a possible 36 games (88.8%) and just last year as a Rookie on an NFL level he played and started all 16 games (100%). 

As a fan I'm not aware if he'll suit up come Monday Night but I do know that since dating back to the previous 4 years of football Marcus Maye has played in a combined 48 out of a possible 52 ball games (92.3%). 

92.3%. 

I didn’t label him anything. I said it seems that way and I asked if we should be concerned. 

PS. Players can have squeaky clean college resumes and still get hurt in the NFL. It’s happened before.

again, I didn’t label him. Just suggesting what it seems to be based on this offseason.

9 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

As a Gator during his final three seasons of play he played in 32 out of a possible 36 games (88.8%) and just last year as a Rookie on an NFL level he played and started all 16 games (100%). 

As a fan I'm not aware if he'll suit up come Monday Night or not, but I do know that since dating back to the previous 4 years of football Marcus Maye himself has played in a combined 48 out of a possible 52 ball games (92.3%). 

92.3%. 

Is this your triumphant return?  How's the rap game?  How's the dolphins jersey?

5 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I didn’t label him anything. I said it seems that way and I asked if we should be concerned. 

PS. Players can have squeaky clean college resumes and still get hurt in the NFL. It’s happened before.

again, I didn’t label him. Just suggesting what it seems to be based on this offseason.

I believe you don't mean to label him, but just to clarify why your OP was taken as an attempt at labeling him by many: If you were to say I am "seemingly a douche bag," I'd take those as fight'n words regardless of your use of the word "seemingly."

Just now, BroadwayRay said:

I believe you don't mean to label him, but just to clarify why your OP was taken as an attempt at labeling him by many: If you were to say I am "seemingly a douche bag," I'd take those as fight'n words regardless of your use of the word "seemingly."

There would have to be evidence that you come off as a douchebag...and you are actually one of the nicer guys here. 

So not really the same.

Manish Mehta‏ @MMehtaNYDN 

Jets injury report from practice today: S Marcus Maye (foot), OLB Josh Martin (concussion... in practice?) and Jermaine Kearse (ab) didn’t practice. LB Avery Williamson (hamstring) was limited.

Dennis Waszak Jr. @DWAZ73 

Bowles says Josh Martin got his concussion during the #Jets' preseason game vs. the Giants.

Full practice for #Jets: McLendon, Winters, Beachum, Long, Pryor, Enunwa and Skrine.

Archived