The good news is...we play JAX next week

k-met57

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, jamesr said:

Seattle play 5 of their first 7 on the road (including 3 of their first 4). Combined with their bye in Week 7, that's just two home games in the first eight weeks.

They close with four of their last five at home ... could be too late by then.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Yea, but the Hawks didn't play 3 games in 11 days. I actually believe that has never been done before & we came through pretty healthy. Look at the Rams, they lost Talib for a while & their other starting CB is banged up. 

Jets win this Jax game (crazier things have happened, Bills beat Vikings) and then get 3 home games. I can't stand Bowles but I'm hoping Darnold & the boys can pull a few out in spite of him. We get the Pats twice at the end of the year & Miami. The Pats are not having great luck with injuries (Burkhead & Bentley, LB who Pats fans say has been their best defender after Gilmore were just put on IR). NFL is a marathon, not a sprint. 

16 hours ago, Larz said:

It's possible the jags take the Jets lightly and come out flat 

Jets should be super aggressive early and try to get a lead 

1470936266156-1021367285.jpg

Not likely, Jags lost at home last week, and only scored 6 points.  IMO they are going to come out mean, and try to make a big statement

1 hour ago, Larz said:

Well by that logic the Jets should be so pissed they win by 39, right? 

No, because under no circumstances does this team have the coaching, talent, or stones to come out and do anything of the sort.  Especially against a team like the Jags, with a turnover prone rookie QB at the helm.

Look, all I am saying is Sam is not going have a good game and Jacksonville is going to feast off of that.  If you guys thought Thursday was ugly and the reactions to Darnold's play were overdramatic, wait until Jax bends us over backwards on Sunday.  Those expecting (or even hoping) that the rookie bumps are going to be a little lighter have a whole world of hurt coming to them this weekend.

39 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

We havent really given that many points up. Personally I see the Jags offense outscoring their offense against us.

I thiiiink you meant the Jags defense will outscore their offense in which case, yeah that's where im getting those numbers from, lol.

14 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

No, because under no circumstances does this team have the coaching, talent, or stones to come out and do anything of the sort.  Especially against a team like the Jags, with a turnover prone rookie QB at the helm.

Look, all I am saying is Sam is not going have a good game and Jacksonville is going to feast off of that.  If you guys thought Thursday was ugly and the reactions to Darnold's play were overdramatic, wait until Jax bends us over backwards on Sunday.  Those expecting (or even hoping) that the rookie bumps are going to be a little lighter have a whole world of hurt coming to them this weekend.

But the Jets are mad 

19 minutes ago, Larz said:

So the jags are favored more because they are the better team and not their emotional state? 

I'm not really seeing what you're trying to do here. 

I made a sarcastic little quip about how them being angry isn't really going to make a difference because they're going to beat the crap out of us, regardless of either teams emotional state, and I'm starting to think that you just took that super literal, because it's starting to seem like that's what you're trying to tell me through passive aggressive replies.

18 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I'm not really seeing what you're trying to do here. 

I made a sarcastic little quip about how them being angry isn't really going to make a difference because they're going to beat the crap out of us, regardless of either teams emotional state, and I'm starting to think that you just took that super literal, because it's starting to seem like that's what you're trying to tell me through passive aggressive replies.

They beat the giants and patriots 

Let's show some balls around here and support our team? 

30 minutes ago, Larz said:

They beat the giants and patriots 

Let's show some balls around here and support our team? 

Yes, supporting a mediocre head coach who just got outcoached by Hue Jackson on national television, is on his way to stunting the growth of our potential franchise QB, and is 13 games away from, likely finishing the year with his 3 Rd straight double digit losing season for the sake of "showing balls" and pretending that the people running our football team do nothing except sh*t rainbows is awesome. 

Simply.  Awesome.

For all the prognostications of our imminent destruction at the hands of a dominating Jacksonville squad ... the stats so far this season do not make for a one-sided slaughter.

I know this is only based on 3 weeks of games, small sample etc, but I found it interesting nonetheless.

Offense - Jets 21st, Jax 20th

Passing - Jets 21st, Jax 18th

Rushing - Jets 14th, Jax 13th

Defense - Jets 7th, Jax 4th

Jax are 57-44 in points for / against, Jets are 77-58

Both teams have a -1 turnover differential

Jax average 5.4 yards per play, Jets 5.3

Interestingly, Jax have not scored a rushing TD (yet) this year (kind of makes sense with how limited Fournette has been).

With extra rest and time to gameplan and everyone burying us I'd normally think this was the kind of game where we might score an upset... But our offensive line against their front seven is too big of a mismatch.
The schedule ended up not being kind. I think we're staring down the barrel of 2-6.

It really is the exact scenario that the jets would come out and pull off the W.
The good news is that the jags offense scored all of 6 pts last week and our defense doesn’t suck.
This could actually end up being a game.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Last year it was 'suck for Sam". Who do we suck for this year?

Is there an Orlando pace type of T in this years crop? Someone worthy is a top 5 pick? If so, that would be the guy to suck for.
I’d actually love to see a blue chip first rd OT and then a second rd OT or G in this years draft.

10 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Is there an Orlando pace type of T in this years crop? Someone worthy is a top 5 pick? If so, that would be the guy to suck for.
I’d actually love to see a blue chip first rd OT and then a second rd OT or G in this years draft.

Not really.  Closest thing to a blue chip OT prospect is Jonah Williams from Alabama and he’s a mid first round pick at best(which is where we will be picking)

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Not really.  Closest thing to a blue chip OT prospect is Jonah Williams from Alabama and he’s a mid first round pick at best(which is where we will be picking)

Bummer. We can still bolster the line this offseason, but it would have been nice to see the next Jonathan Ogden come to town. 

I'll wear your optimism like a colorful scarf today.  lol  I'd like to see a nice win streak in the coming weeks. Especially with 3 in a row at home. It would be nice to for the home crowd to leave the stadium happy for a change.  

13 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Bear in mind we don't have a 2nd rounder this year. A first and two thirds (ours & the Saints).

Archived