The good news is...we play JAX next week

k-met57

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, rammagen said:

Bosa…

Bosa got hurt against TCU, some kind of groin injury, he won't play against Tulane, and it remains to be seen how long he'll be out.

Groin injuries have a habit of hanging around for quite some time.  It will be interesting to see how it effects his play, and draft position.

1 hour ago, varjet said:

The Jets need an EDGE and LT.  Those are usually only available top 10, if really good.  

To get a new CS and a player like that, it is worth losing this year. Next year should be the playoff year.  That was always the plan.  

Nope. Idc if it’s passing on bosa. Give me offense and most of all protection for Darnold. The defense can live without a pass rusher for now. 

5 hours ago, jmat321 said:

I think upper management has to entertain firing Bowles at the bye.  

what upper management?

the meat bag in charge is in the UK 

and literally couldn't GAF less

Christopher can't hire and fire HC's without Woodrow. Maybe he could shuffle in another cheap first timer but there's no 100M gruden type signing on the horizon, from either of them.

the only way anyone established and good would come to this dumpster fire is pure money. 

The most faith based part of being an NFL fan is convincing yourself the owners/coaches/players care as much as you do.  In some cases it's true in other cases we'd rather not think about it. 

If the Jets had a commitment to winning, they wouldn't have hired first time Bowles/Rex/Mangini/Herm in the first place. 

6 minutes ago, bitonti said:

what upper management?

the meat bag in charge is in the UK 

and literally couldn't GAF less

Christopher can't hire and fire HC's without Woodrow. Maybe he could shuffle in another cheap first timer but there's no 100M gruden type signing on the horizon, from either of them.

the only way anyone established and good would come to this dumpster fire is pure money. 

The most delusional part of being a Jets fan is convincing yourself the owners/coaches/players care as much as you do. 

Agree here, but also kind of deflating the constant flow of first timers here never seem to go above and beyond the duties of a typical mediocre GM or HC. Very few seem to cut their teeth and then grow on the job. Mangini was really the only one that had potential to grow and the owner hated him.

3 hours ago, flgreen said:

Bosa got hurt against TCU, some kind of groin injury, he won't play against Tulane, and it remains to be seen how long he'll be out.

Groin injuries have a habit of hanging around for quite some time.  It will be interesting to see how it effects his play, and draft position.

I think I saw last week he had surgery. Something about stomach muscles? Has to be groin related somehow.

49 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I'm seeing 3-4 wins this year. What do you guys think of trading down and getting extra picks? Especially if we can get back a mid to high (say 8-11?) first round pick also?

Yeah, if you get in that range you can still grab one of the top T's.  

Problem with it is, if some one is trading down they are probably coming down for Bosa.  IMO Bosa is one of those guys that if you have good press CB's can turn your D into a top D.  Tough choice

6 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Yeah, if you get in that range you can still grab one of the top T's.  

Problem with it is, if some one is trading down they are probably coming down for Bosa.  IMO Bosa is one of those guys that if you have good press CB's can turn your D into a top D.  Tough choice

true, but with bosas injury maybe he will drop to the 3-5 range

9 hours ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Last year it was 'suck for Sam". Who do we suck for this year?

Suck for a new President/GM/HC. A top 5 pick will be icing on the cake. But I think we go 6-10.

6 Wins Lions, Colts, Bills 2x, Titans, Texans.   And that’s pushing it. 

10 Losses Dolphins 2X, Browns, Jags, Broncos, Vikings, Bears, Pats 2X, Packers. 

If we continue to struggle and look like doo doo, I’m sure Bowles abandons Darnold’s development and switches to McClown to save face sooner rather than later.  But it won’t make a difference. 

16 minutes ago, BigO said:

Suck for a new President/GM/HC. A top 5 pick will be icing on the cake. But I think we go 6-10.

6 Wins Lions, Colts, Bills 2x, Titans, Texans.   And that’s pushing it. 

10 Losses Dolphins 2X, Browns, Jags, Broncos, Vikings, Bears, Pats 2X, Packers. 

If we continue to struggle and look like doo doo, I’m sure Bowles abandons Darnold’s development and switches to McClown to save face sooner rather than later.  But it won’t make a difference. 

That is pushing it.  I am thinking 4-5 wins.  

We really needed at least one of the last two.  

1 minute ago, varjet said:

That is pushing it.  I am thinking 4-5 wins.  

We really needed at least one of the last two.  

Trying to be optimistic. Forseeing Darnold maturing and pulling out a few extra wins despite Bowles ineptitude. 

is there any other team that has 3 of the first 4 games on the road?
Seattle play 5 of their first 7 on the road (including 3 of their first 4). Combined with their bye in Week 7, that's just two home games in the first eight weeks.

They close with four of their last five at home ... could be too late by then.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Archived