BILL COWHER’S WIFE IS A JETS DIEHARD. HE LIVES IN NYC. GO GET COWHER (DIRECTOR OF FOOTBALL OPERATIONS)

Vader

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/1/2018 at 5:40 AM, carlito1171 said:

What about Ted Thompson from the Packers as VP of Football Ops and Eliot Wolf as GM?

They have a clear connection from GB.....Eliot Wolf is the next hotshot GM and Ted Thompson could help him get acclimated his 1st couple of years until hes ready to retire for good

Wolf has had a few interviews as a GM. Young, bright and great blood lines.

I think Cowher is the wrong guy at this point.  Far too much time has passed since he's been in the game.  I guess that was also true of Dick Vermeil and he won the Superbowl for the Rams in 2000 after previously coaching in the early 1980's (maybe even 1980 was his last year).  But I don't get a good feeling out of it.  I like the idea of getting a guy with terrific pedigree to be the head of the franchise though.  But I think the game has been changing in recent years so we don't want a dinosaur.  

4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I think Cowher is the wrong guy at this point.  Far too much time has passed since he's been in the game.  I guess that was also true of Dick Vermeil and he won the Superbowl for the Rams in 2000 after previously coaching in the early 1980's (maybe even 1980 was his last year).  But I don't get a good feeling out of it.  I like the idea of getting a guy with terrific pedigree to be the head of the franchise though.  But I think the game has been changing in recent years so we don't want a dinosaur.  

Disagree. Football is still won in the trenches. Strong line, opens up the running game, which opens up the passing game. The Jets just don’t seem to understand that. However, Cowher does. 

1 minute ago, Lizard King said:

Disagree. Football is still won in the trenches. Strong line, opens up the running game, which opens up the passing game. The Jets just don’t seem to understand that. However, Cowher does. 

Isn't Cowher from the "defense wins championships" mindset though?  

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

Football operations is a full time job.  Why would cowher want that?  He is living the dream working 17 days a week.

Because he wants revenge. Revenge is always the greatest motivator.

Put a Trex in a suit at a desk, commentating, and guess what happens. 

Nightmares. nightmares about revenge and blood and trophies. And stuff.

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Isn't Cowher from the "defense wins championships" mindset though?  

You would be hiring him as a VP, not a Coach. He’d bring in the identity, the GM, and the HC.

I think Cowher understands how to win in the NFL today.

On 9/30/2018 at 8:50 PM, Untouchable said:

My gut feeling is the Jets clean house and can for once finally attract some highly touted personnel guys/coaches with a young QB like Darnold and an extremely flexible cap situation.

...and now, a top-5 draft pick. 

On 10/1/2018 at 1:10 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Get an attractive VP of Football Operations in here, and maybe we'll get one of these great young offensive minds to come in here and work with Darnold. 

As it stands, no one in that category will work for the Johnsons or Mike Maccagnan.  

How about Kate Upton, she’s attractive!

Archived