Upcoming Site Changes \ New Moderation Rules

36 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

My thoughts exactly. I can insult the heck out of people without profanity, and I have no interest whatsoever in @Jetsfan80‘s quest to provide masterbation inspiration to every dude here.

frankly it’s deranged.

raw

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

It's unfortunate that, for real, Jetfan80 has cost Max hundreds, if not thousands of dollars.

Had I known that was even a possibility I would have discontinued it completely.  I never intentionally tried to post anything that qualified as "nudity" either.  So if I did cost Max money, I'm sorry, but I don't really understand how.   

5 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

Well I'm cool with it. We're all grown-up's here(at least age wise) and we should be able to get a point across without cursing. 

Now on to photos. Will hot chicks in suggestive clothing be banned? If that's the case **** THAT.

Exactly. We're all adults, and adults should be allowed curse. Heck, for that matter the vast majority of teenagers curse, and you should be at least 13 years of age before you're posting on an internet forum anyway, so I absolutely don't buy the notion that we have to protect the "children" who come on this site, because 1) they shouldn't be on here if they're that young, and 2) if they're old enough to go to public school, you better believe there's nothing we can say that they haven't heard before.

I'm fine with the 200,000 thread being shut down. I mean, it sucks (is "sucks" a curse word now) but it doesn't bother me that much. But I'm a naturally loose-lipped kinda guy with cursing, so it's not gonna be easy, especially on here. I'd rather not end up getting banned just because I have a few accidental lapses in self-censoring myself.

For the record, I don't @Maxman. I blame the stupid snowflake advertising companies for this pure act of censorship. I've seen them do this crap on Youtube, censoring inane things deemed "inappropriate" with no basis at all, and de-monetizing them.

I'm gonna stop myself there before I go into full-rant mode. Despite how pissed I am out being censored, I fully support Phil and this site, and I will not willfully resist the new rules. I also apologize in advance for the future times when I'm sure to slip up. And, I would be happy to donate a few dollars here and there to the site when I can.

JetNation 4 Lyfe

15 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Had I known that was even a possibility I would have discontinued it completely.  I never intentionally tried to post anything that qualified as "nudity" either.  So if I did cost Max money, I'm sorry, but I don't really understand how.   

Simple. Boobies are scary, and bad words hurt feelings.

I'm just thankful for these admirable advertising companies to protect us from all that.

3 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Exactly. We're all adults, and adults should be allowed curse. Heck, for that matter the vast majority of teenagers curse, and you should be at least 13 years of age before you're posting on an internet forum anyway, so I absolutely don't buy the notion that we have to protect the "children" who come on this site, because 1) they shouldn't be on here if they're that young, and 2) if they're old enough to go to public school, you better believe there's nothing we can say that they haven't heard before.

I'm fine with the 200,000 thread being shut down. I mean, it sucks (is "sucks" a curse word now) but it doesn't bother me that much. But I'm a naturally loose-lipped kinda guy with cursing, so it's not gonna be easy, especially on here. I'd rather not end up getting banned just because I have a few accidental lapses in self-censoring myself.

For the record, I don't @Maxman. I blame the stupid snowflake advertising companies for this pure act of censorship. I've seen them do this crap on Youtube, censoring inane things deemed "inappropriate" with no basis at all, and de-monetizing them.

I'm gonna stop myself there before I go into full-rant mode. Despite how pissed I am out being censored, I fully support Phil and this site, and I will not willfully resist the new rules. I also apologize in advance for the future times when I'm sure to slip up. And, I would be happy to donate a few dollars here and there to the site when I can.

JetNation 4 Lyfe

TL;DNR

@Maxman You ever consider starting a patreon? I mean, if that farting security guard has one, Jet Nation could surely have one.

Just have the lowest tier be a $1 pledge per month. With as big as this site is, I'm sure you could find 600 people willing to pay a measly dollar a month to keep the site running. I would.

2 hours ago, Paradis said:

What about “penis”?
Just want some clarity. Like penis breath. Is that off limits, if so, I understand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, we need some clarity for sure.  As an example, is malodorous taint usable?  And what if for some reason Warfish decides to give a recipe for Cock-a-Leekie soup, a Scottish favorite?  I'm sure there are others.

1 hour ago, Saul Goodman said:

I want to have mutually consensual sexual intercourse with her so bad. 

I would dream of endeavoring, after written consent has been ascertained and reviewed by legal counsel of both parties, a series of gentle (unless instructed otherwise) lingual gymnastics on her personage.

3 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Yeah, we need some clarity for sure.  As an example, is malodorous taint usable?  And what if for some reason Warfish decides to give a recipe for Cock-a-Leekie soup, a Scottish favorite?  I'm sure there are others.

We really could use some clarification. Curse words can be very subjective, and, IMO, it shouldn't be solely on each poster to just know which words are suddenly forbidden now. Sure, some are no-brainers, but, for example, I think the word "penis" and its female counterpart are allowed more often on TV, because they are the correct medical terms, but the more vulgar slang words aren't.

As Warfish was saying, it shouldn't be too hard to just add a bunch of words into the software. I'd hate to see people be banned, simply over a misunderstanding on what word is considered offensive.

3 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

We really could use some clarification. Curse words can be very subjective, and, IMO, it shouldn't be solely on each poster to just know which words are suddenly forbidden now. Sure, some are no-brainers, but, for example, I think the word "penis" and its female counterpart are allowed more often on TV, because they are the correct medical terms, but the more vulgar slang words aren't.

As Warfish was saying, it shouldn't be too hard to just add a bunch of words into the software. I'd hate to see people be banned, simply over a misunderstanding on what word is considered offensive.

So would the use of the character Pussy Galore from Gold Finger or the name of the Russian band Pussy Riot trigger bannings?

Hahah max must be reading this and grinding his teeth.

Max; “alright listen up everybody, no more swearing. Got it?...”

JN; “...what about a picture of a swear word? How that’d be?...

Max; “....no”

JN; “...Oh! What if, what if ,the picture was the swear, eh? Not the letters, but the thing itself—”

Max;

31533e38cff5d1928e450415618247e6.jpg&key=13d5b1a5a35fc2960fa3eedfd5e07c5c38a02ef35c1acd7fd37e03d77448272d

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Hahah max must be reading this and grinding his teeth.

Max; “alright listen up everybody, no more swearing. Understand?...”

JN; “...what about a picture of swear word? How that’d be?

Max;
31533e38cff5d1928e450415618247e6.jpg

Okay, that made me lol.

7 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Not swearing isn’t necessarily simple 

This.

I always felt swearing was just a natural part of speech and expression, and was for everyone else. Although, perhaps Hess and I are just in the churlish, flap-mouthed, lewdster minority.

12 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Actually I really don;t know the answer, but i do know when a child is testing the limits.

Him testing the limits or not, we should be able to ask what is or isn't forbidden before we get a "strike" against us for saying something we didn't know was forbidden.

I know some of it should be obvious, but, as someone who comes from the Mafia forums, yourself, I know you know just how easy it is (and how often we do) for a lot on this site to cross that line that has suddenly moved 20 yards closer to us.

Archived