If Bowles and Mac are Fired...

TNJet

I have to disagree, im pumped for new uniforms. 

Lets get a clean new school look! I know a lot of guys don’t agree and I respect their opinion to the fullest but as a younger guy I want to see a clean flashy design. They have to make it look nice and different without doing too much

cant wait to see what they cook up.

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I have to disagree, im pumped for new uniforms. 

Lets get a clean new school look! I know a lot of guys don’t agree and I respect their opinion to the fullest but as a younger guy I want to see a clean flashy design. They have to make it look nice and different without doing too much

cant wait to see what they cook up.

In my opinion PK we have the best uniforms in the NFL they are tradition. 

Remember we are the Jets not the Jetsons. 

While we are on the uniform subject, Mississippi State got new uniforms for their game next week. I’m from MS but not a MS State Fan. 

But...

Needless fo say, they are very modern, clean and they aren’t doing too much. Beautiful uni’s. I want the Jets to have this thought process when approaching a new design.

539CACA4-F601-461D-A6BD-64DE53F4CABC.jpeg

6DACF0B9-BA1D-4B91-836F-F0FABE4248C3.jpeg

2254AC89-ACC1-4C35-9715-9CFCB89056BC.jpeg

8B57436F-2DEB-4771-969C-A4B9F988CD03.jpeg

16045607-9A5C-42DB-833D-D82E038C9A24.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

While we are on the uniform subject, Mississippi State got new uniforms for their game next week. I’m from MS but not a MS State Fan. 

But...

Needless fo say, they are very modern, clean and they aren’t doing too much. Beautiful uni’s. I want the Jets to have this thought process when approaching a new design.

I don't mind the helmet logo, but it's big enough to where the straps block it out a good amount. Good effort though. 

12 minutes ago, Randy Rasmussen said:

Macc can’t trade, He can’t sign free agents. He can’t draft.
Why in God’s green earth would someone let him pick a Head Coach?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

He can trade, he’s so-so on free agents and his drafts suck.

Not saying he’s a good GM. Not even saying a decent GM. 

But I think you are being super over dramatic 

34 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Image result for ny jets emblem

Honestly don’t know anyone can look at this and think, “now that’s a team logo”.

its one of the most poorly design logos I’ve ever seen.

i can be a fan of this team and still be a critic of their design decisions. The only thing we have going for us is the all-white uni

frankly, this team is ripe for a total brand refresh... perhaps even name change.

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Honestly don’t know anyone can look at this and think, “now that’s a team logo”.

its one of the most poorly design logos I’ve ever seen.

i can be a fan of this team and still be a critic of their design decisions. The only thing we have going for us is the all-white uni

frankly, this team is ripe for a total brand refresh... perhaps even name change.

Couldn’t have said it better myself Ape. That logo is god awful and I miss the 80’s logo. Redesign the 80’s logo and implement a fresh modern design. It doesn’t have to be all over the place but give it a clean look.

54 minutes ago, Jet9 said:

Yeah something tells me they aren't letting football people make marketing decisions. 

Thats the problem with sports these days,,,,,all about money. At the World Series they were doing commercials between pitches, I couldn't believe it,,split screen. The Super Bowl is just one big commercial now....most in attendance aren't football fans but business people who haven't gone to a game all year. Its a good thing that flat screens are getting bigger because in the future I see split screen commercials throughout the entire games...

9 minutes ago, GaryM said:

Thats the problem with sports these days,,,,,all about money. At the World Series they were doing commercials between pitches, I couldn't believe it,,split screen. The Super Bowl is just one big commercial now....most in attendance aren't football fans but business people who haven't gone to a game all year. Its a good thing that flat screens are getting bigger because in the future I see split screen commercials throughout the entire games...

Part and parcel to capitalism.

49 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I 100% want Mac gone but people have to give him credit. He CAN trade well and he CAN find great value in FA with value type players. He excels in these 2 areas......but that’s it. 

He is one of the WORST drafters that I have ever seen, he sucks at top tier talent in FA and his philosophy/big picture is completely backwards.

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

But...

They look like clown outfits. Good Lord.

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

Oh, yeah...he’s the guy who got us the Darnold. That alone saves him from the chopping block. All jokes aside, unless someone with the pedigree of Cowler or Holmgren come knocking, both Bowles and Macc are safe.

14 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Oh, yeah...he’s the guy who got us the Darnold. That alone saves him from the chopping block. All jokes aside, unless someone with the pedigree of Cowler or Holmgren come knocking, both Bowles and Macc are safe.

Nothing to do with Darnold, my guy. He’s been swinging pretty good trades since he’s been here.

facts.

Brandon Marshall for a 5th, Fitzpatrick for a 6th, Sheldon for a 2nd/Kearse, Teddy for a 3rd, Henry Anderson for a 7th.

Now people can say Marshall and Fitzpatrick didn’t do great after year 1 but to get a 1,200 yard 15 TD player and a 3,000 30TD QB for a 5th/6th is good.

ahem* 

well color me satisfied with the initial moves.

again...not defending him in his entirety. He’s a bum when drafting and he’s a bum in FA(sometimes...okay most of the time)

People are being over dramatic though and I have to call it out.

with all that said...

FIRE EVERYONE.???

22 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Nothing to do with Darnold, my guy. He’s been swinging pretty good trades since he’s been here.

facts.

Brandon Marshall for a 5th, Fitzpatrick for a 6th, Sheldon for a 2nd/Kearse, Teddy for a 3rd, Henry Anderson for a 7th.

Now people can say Marshall and Fitzpatrick didn’t do great after year 1 but to get a 1,200 yard 15 TD player and a 3,000 30TD QB for a 5th/6th is good.

ahem* 

again...not defending him in his entirety. He’s a bum when drafting and he’s a bum in FA(sometimes...okay most of the time)

with all that said...

FIRE EVERYONE.???

It could be worse, we could be the Giants 

facts.

ahem* 
with all that said...

FIRE EVERYONE.

The fact that you are saying the Brandon Marshall and Ryan Fitzpatrick trades are positives for keeping Macc leaves me bewildered. All it did was set the franchise back 2 years. You basically had other GMs trading washed up veterans for a chance to get lucky in the draft. And what happened to Fitz and Marshall when the playoffs were on the line??? Choked them away that’s what happened. Have you even been following
this team. And then he backed himself into a corner at the QB position by wasting a 2nd rounder on Hack forcing him to pay Fitzgarbage 12 Million a year.
So even if you count the Sheldon trade as a positive it’s evened out by overpaying Mo Will for 2 years of out of shape non hustling cancer in the locker football.
The jury is still out on the Andersen trade, he flashed a few weeks but has been pretty quiet recently.

Have you been paying attention to this franchise????

Unfortunately yes I have, Ive been a fan since the NY Titan days and a season ticket holder since 1974. Maybe I’m old and cranky but I think Macc is our worst GM since Kotite and maybe even the worst GM the Jets have ever had. Yes we got Darnold but I’d say that was sheer luck. He couldn’t have planned the Browns taking Mayfield and the Giants Barkley. All he did was put himself in a position to draft a QB and he did that because as stupid as he is he is smart enough to realize that if he didn’t draft a QB
he would be run out of town.

I don't get the "Macc can't draft" stuff. So Leonard, Darnold, Lee, Shell, Adams, Maye, and perhaps even Herndon and McGuire are considered bad draft picks? I totally disagree. Sure he missed out on turds like Hack, Petty, Smith and Stewart but lots of GMs wiff on the later picks. Its mostly a crapshoot after the 4th round anyway. He does alot of good things trade wise. Henry Anderson comes to mind.

Archived