How demoralized would you be if Darnold busts?

VinnyT16

34 minutes ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

Pretty much. If the kid sucks, he's going to suck, despite us "ruining" him. If he's the goods, then he's going to figure it out. 

Having been around collegiate and professional coaches, the vast majority are can't-play-anymore favors who just stick around long enough that people think they deserve subsequently better jobs. There are very few legitimately intelligent and ingenious individuals in the coaching sphere who would succeed in other venues, because they have translatable skills. There's no doubt in my mind Belichik would have been successful in whatever field he chose. It's also not surprising there's guys bouncing around the league who fail wherever they go.  

It’s not even that. There’s only so many hours in a day. There’s only so many weeks in a career. If you’re teaching play action and five step drops when everybody else is doing installs then when are you doing installs?

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Mark Twain once said “The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated.”

All these doom and gloom threads about Darnold busting are simply laughable.

A rookie’s QB’s 1st is suppose to be a roller coaster ride so everyone please take it easy. There’s a new regime  a coming next season you can all bellyache about the new coach then.

Everybody knows Darnold gets a free pass this year. With that said he hasnt done anything to make me feel confident hes the answer. 

On 11/5/2018 at 4:55 PM, HelenOfTroy said:

Why?  You don’t seem to have a problem giving your opinion about your QB (who is on another NFL team) on here.  

Spill.

This is far from a Darnold issue. It's a management issue combine with the weakest coaching staff in the history of the league. This house is filled with block mold. Burn it down from the ground and start over. If a pass happy, air raid type coaching staff is not hired with full control over player personnel the Jets will never win more than 6 games. 

Now, once the staff is here let them got get their own players for their system and pull the check book out. 

1 hour ago, RJIII said:

This is far from a Darnold issue. It's a management issue combine with the weakest coaching staff in the history of the league. This house is filled with block mold. Burn it down from the ground and start over. If a pass happy, air raid type coaching staff is not hired with full control over player personnel the Jets will never win more than 6 games. 

Now, once the staff is here let them got get their own players for their system and pull the check book out. 

I don’t know how anybody expects Sam to win with a head coach who makes the players play bad and an offensive coordinator who calls the bad plays.

2 hours ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

I don’t know how anybody expects Sam to win with a head coach who makes the players play bad and an offensive coordinator who calls the bad plays.

I get so annoyed when Bates calls the INT play, like why not call the TD play in that spot.

14 hours ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

It’s not even that. There’s only so many hours in a day. There’s only so many weeks in a career. If you’re teaching play action and five step drops when everybody else is doing installs then when are you doing installs?

This is where Darnolds age can potentially help, however the salary cap works against us in that regard

2 hours ago, RJIII said:

Man, do you have an agenda....I'll listen when Texas Tech becomes the center of the CFB or pro world.  Your beloved program is not Alabama, who finally has an elite, pro style QB under center.  That is what a dominating, smart football team looks like.

SMH.  

Man, do you have an agenda....I'll listen when Texas Tech becomes the center of the CFB or pro world.  Your beloved program is not Alabama, who finally has an elite, pro style QB under center.  That is what a dominating, smart football team looks like.
SMH.  

An agenda? Yes, to win and score more points than 6. New Orleans, Minnesotta, KC, Rams, pick your poison. The NFL is moving to BIGXII style football. You can sit there and watch everyone else win with exciting football or put your thumb deeper up your ass.

And elite football is Rams, KC. Pass Happy.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

To me he has shown the talent to be a good starting Qb in the NFL. He usually adjusts well to a heavy pass rush and has a good arm. If a year from now there are 4 pick games then we have concern. You'd expect great improvement in reading defenses something he is not too good at right now. 

31 minutes ago, RJIII said:

An agenda? Yes, to win and score more points than 6. New Orleans, Minnesotta, KC, Rams, pick your poison. The NFL is moving to BIGXII style football. You can sit there and watch everyone else win with exciting football or put your thumb deeper up your ass.

Charming....a real Texas gentleman.  I get your vocabulary is limited, Texas Tech and all.  

Continue pushing - in your dream football world, by using a once in a generation QB in your system as an example, does not mean a systematic change in how football is played in the NFL.  

Like concepts of a spread offense that have been integrated in pro systems, so will that air raid...which doesn't mean a pure air raid will ever translate to the NFL.  Kelly from Oregon was sure successful taking his system to the pros.

Appears you're a popular guy here it.  Good thing red is your color.

1 hour ago, RJIII said:

Lol...explain Big12 style football?  The kind that has been winning so many National Championships of late?  No one wants to play Big12 style football, it’s a losing formula.  

1 minute ago, RJIII said:

BIGXII style football will won the Super Bowl this year. If you can’t throw it, you can’t win.

Rams/KC. Choose your poison. You’ve been given a lackluster football team for damn near 50 years. Wake up!

Lol...so throwing the ball is now Big12 football?   You can’t be serious.  Big12 football is choking away games because you can’t make a stop.  Big12 football is being a finesse team and when someone punches you in the mouth, you fold up and go home.  

Lol...so throwing the ball is now Big12 football?   You can’t be serious.  Big12 football is choking away games because you can’t make a stop.  Big12 football is being a finesse team and when someone punches you in the mouth, you fold up and go home.  

I’m talking about offensive football. Nobody in college football can consistently stop a BIGXII offense (not named Kansas). The may also score more but they won’t stop it. The Jets problem is clearly offense.

That said, OU/WV both would stick it 12 deep inside Clemson.

11 minutes ago, RJIII said:

I’m talking about offensive football. Nobody in college football can consistently stop a BIGXII offense (not named Kansas). The may also score more but they won’t stop it. The Jets problem is clearly offense.

That said, OU/WV both would stick it 12 deep inside Clemson.

You do realize Clemson beat OU 37-17 in 2016 Playoffs?  Too bad none of those teams will make the playoffs.  Big12 teams have choked in big spots.  Plus your Red Raiders are a soft irrelevant team in the Big12, I can see why you try to talk up the conference rather than your team.  

Archived